Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9793 9794 [9795] 9796 9797 ... 13325

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15788661 times)

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
Re: [=] Bay 12 cannot the box (Happy thread)
« Reply #146910 on: December 03, 2014, 09:53:33 pm »

PRACTICING

Fortbent is legitimately fun to work on.

Karkov

• Bay Watcher
  • There's been a distinct lack of Praisin' recently.
    • View Profile
« Reply #146911 on: December 03, 2014, 10:08:51 pm »

Don't really have a bittersweet thread, so I suppose this goes here.  I should be getting done with college in this town in less than two weeks (including the graduation ceremony), and I won't see most of the guys here unless there happens to be extenuating circumstances.  This includes a teacher/mentor that I've come to be really good friends with.  He's also not going to be working here after this semester, so it's even stranger.

His last class all had a sit-down meeting that started about two hours ago and I got to go and hang out with them for that time.  It was good being able to say goodbye.  Hope I see them around.

TamerVirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Who cares
    • View Profile
« Reply #146913 on: December 03, 2014, 10:14:13 pm »

This is the shadiest-looking legitimate site I've ever seen.

I love how it's all like NO MALWARE HERE, NU UH. NOT MY STUFF. EXCEPT THOSE OTHER STUFF. DONT TOUCH THOSE.
What can mysteriously disappear can mysteriously reappear
*Shakes fist at TamerVirus*

Jervill

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #146914 on: December 03, 2014, 10:18:38 pm »

Successfully de-orbited my Kerbal Space Station without losing a Kerbonaut after a long absence from the game itself.  Also, on an unrelated note, I had a completely bizarre urge to listen to Master of Puppets again and am, that's another happy.

Bohandas

• Bay Watcher
  • Discordia Vobis Com Et Cum Spiritum
    • View Profile
« Reply #146915 on: December 03, 2014, 11:06:25 pm »

I just picked up a copy of the 5e Dungeon Master's Guide at my LFGS last night (since they're part of the early release program and get advance copies). I'm only about 30 pages into it so far (though I did spend some time skipping ahead to look at magic items and such), and it has good advice on manageable world building and introducing world-shaking events into a campaign and suchlike. Something I'm really happy they included is advice on using hex maps at various scales, since it's something I've wanted to implement but didn't quite know how to use until now.

This isn't a full review or anything since I haven't even read the full book yet, but I felt like sharing/bragging.

Now if we could just get a Call of Cthulhu rulebook that deals with pentagonal and septagonal grids
NEW Petition to stop the anti-consumer, anti-worker, Trans-Pacific Partnership agreement
What is TPP
----------------------
Remember, no one can tell you who you are except an emotionally unattached outside observer making quantifiable measurements.
----------------------
Έπαινος Ερις

Baffler

• Bay Watcher
  • Caveat Lector.
    • View Profile
« Reply #146916 on: December 03, 2014, 11:40:03 pm »

Some faith in humanity has been restored. It was 10 minutes before my calculus exam, and I realized I'd left my calculator behind. I left in a hurry to try to figure something out, and eventually just walked into the first office I came to with an open door. I explained the situation, and offered my keys as collateral, but the girl in there who was apparently waiting for her professor to get back to ask him a question, gave me her $120 TI-84 without even asking my name, and told me that she'd be at [Redacted] where I could return it later in the day.

That was about 1900. Exam taken, I went to this place she'd mentioned at around 2100, a little building on the periphery of campus I'd never even heard of until today. It was kind of a trick getting in with all but one door being locked (I ended up having to take the stairs up to the fourth floor, cross the building, and take the elevator down to the basement, cross that, and climb up two flights to avoid the locked doors inside the building) but I eventually found the place. I opened the door, it was a beautiful banquet hall with mahogany paneling, crystal chandeliers, and a big huge buffet set up. Surprising considering the shabby, office looking rest of the building.

She saw me coming in, came up and said hello, and told me to help myself to the buffet. They had absolutely delicious ribs, cornbread, and several other things. We sat down at the same table with a few of her friends, and talked for almost 15 minutes before she had to get to her last class. Everyone there was great, but I feel as though I should've got her number. Today was a good day anyway.
Quote from: Helgoland
Even if you found a suitable opening, I doubt it would prove all too satisfying. And it might leave some nasty wounds, depending on the moral high ground's geology.
Location subject to periodic change.
Baffler likes silver, walnut trees, the color green, tanzanite, and dogs for their loyalty. When possible he prefers to consume beef, iced tea, and cornbread. He absolutely detests ticks.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #146917 on: December 03, 2014, 11:42:59 pm »

I just inadvertently downloaded the entire works of Shakespeare and it took short enough a time that I didn't realize I had done it until it was already downloaded.

I live in the future.

Jervill

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #146918 on: December 03, 2014, 11:46:28 pm »

Does that include the rainbow vomit-inducing sonnets?

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #146919 on: December 03, 2014, 11:51:23 pm »

Grammar is fun :D

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_ALREADY_HERE] [FRIENDSHIPPER:HIGH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #146920 on: December 03, 2014, 11:54:12 pm »

I-IS that second sonnet ONE WHOLE SENTENCE?

0_0

I am clearly in the [posthumous]presence of a master.
If you expect to live forever then you will never be disappointed.
Spooky Signature
To fix the horrid default colour scheme, follow the below steps:
Profile> Modify Profile> Look and Layout> Current Theme> (change)> Darkling

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #146921 on: December 04, 2014, 12:07:11 am »

[bigger-better-snoop]

That sounds like an eMail forward or one of those "MY LIFE CHANGED FOREVER FROM THEN ON" things, you know? Like a novel or something.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2014, 12:10:31 am by Descan »
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Baffler

• Bay Watcher
  • Caveat Lector.
    • View Profile
« Reply #146922 on: December 04, 2014, 12:20:39 am »

Yeah, my major (and temperament really, though that's not as true as it used to be) doesn't really give me the time to go out and do things like most of the people in my building. I like to think that the universe is generous enough to up the quality to compensate for low quantity.

I-IS that second sonnet ONE WHOLE SENTENCE?

0_0

I am clearly in the [posthumous]presence of a master.

Dafuq did I just read? I need to find some more...
Quote from: Helgoland
Even if you found a suitable opening, I doubt it would prove all too satisfying. And it might leave some nasty wounds, depending on the moral high ground's geology.
Location subject to periodic change.
Baffler likes silver, walnut trees, the color green, tanzanite, and dogs for their loyalty. When possible he prefers to consume beef, iced tea, and cornbread. He absolutely detests ticks.

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile
« Reply #146923 on: December 04, 2014, 12:24:52 am »

Eh. Never really liked Shakespeare.
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #146924 on: December 04, 2014, 12:48:00 am »

Got a kick-ass new video card.  It killed my computer for a few days when I put it in.  But those issues are finally resolved now.  Yay stable and significantly upgraded computer!

What's a good graphically intensive game to pit this thing against?  Don't say Skyrim.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.
Pages: 1 ... 9793 9794 [9795] 9796 9797 ... 13325