Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9770 9771 [9772] 9773 9774 ... 13325

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15773074 times)

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
Re: [=] Bay 12 cannot the box (Happy thread)
« Reply #146565 on: November 28, 2014, 07:26:21 am »

Spoiler: Unexpected feelies! (click to show/hide)

Jervill

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #146566 on: November 28, 2014, 08:43:28 am »

Had a pleasant Thanksgiving at friend's place and we spent about 2 hours playing Settlers of Catan. :)

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #146567 on: November 28, 2014, 12:29:09 pm »

Couldn't get to sleep, so I decided to stay up to watch the rest of the Dreamhack CS:GO quarter finals. Tons of great gameplay so far.

Spoiler: Jesus H. Christ (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: November 28, 2014, 02:49:58 pm by Cheeetar »
I've played some mafia.

Most of the time when someone is described as politically correct they are simply correct.

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #146568 on: November 28, 2014, 02:15:26 pm »

Star Wars VII teaser is out. To be honest I feel leaning more torwards ambivalent than happy at the moment, but there's no thread for that :P
It's FEF, not FEOF

Mictlantecuhtli

• Bay Watcher
  • Grinning God of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #146569 on: November 28, 2014, 02:18:25 pm »

I honestly don't get the ridiculously designed lightsabers. They're not cool. They're not practical.
I am surrounded by flesh and bone, I am a temple of living. Maybe I'll maybe my life away.

Santorum leaves a bad taste in my mouth,
Card-carrying Liberaltarian

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
« Reply #146570 on: November 28, 2014, 02:41:31 pm »

Lightsabers in general aren't practical. A lightsaber with stupid lightsaber hilt peices is just as stupid as a normal lightsaber. Or a light trident, or a light whateverthefuck.

Starwars episode XXX lightdildo. May the force be in you?
Diamonds are combustable, because they are made of Carbon.

Mictlantecuhtli

• Bay Watcher
  • Grinning God of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #146571 on: November 28, 2014, 02:43:15 pm »

Well, except with this

If you blocked another saber and it deflected onto the hilt, it'd just cut your saber in half. The crossguard would only make sense if the cross section itself was also lightsaber beam material. The handles aren't magically immune to lightsabers. That's only certain materials that are assumed lost. Unless they're already doing retcons for stupid reasons like this. /nerd
« Last Edit: November 28, 2014, 02:45:24 pm by Mictlantecuhtli »
I am surrounded by flesh and bone, I am a temple of living. Maybe I'll maybe my life away.

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
« Reply #146572 on: November 28, 2014, 02:47:35 pm »

Well yeah, there's a million problems with that design. While it's extra stupid, lightsabers still are a kind of stupid concept anyway.

I still don't understand how you're supposed to use them properly when you're just swinging a handle around.
Diamonds are combustable, because they are made of Carbon.

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #146573 on: November 28, 2014, 02:48:26 pm »

Yeah it would have at least made slightly more sense if they used the crossguard a couple people in the comics had where the emitters were angled at 45 degrees upwards. At least that way if your superhuman reflexes were good enough you could twitch the saber to sortof bounce it between the blades to changes its path or something. Though really lightsabers only make sense in the context that the force is telling you how to use them.
It's FEF, not FEOF

Mictlantecuhtli

• Bay Watcher
  • Grinning God of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #146574 on: November 28, 2014, 02:51:52 pm »

I fully expect a lightbastardsword to make an appearance, because fuck it.

alway

• Bay Watcher
  • 🏳️‍⚧️
    • View Profile
« Reply #146575 on: November 28, 2014, 02:55:47 pm »

Lightsabers in general aren't practical.
They're weapons for a more civilized age. If they were practical, they would be weapons for a less civilized age. They're like future ren-fest weapons put together by people who don't know anything about weapon design.

And considering basically every kid pulled off the moisture farm can assemble their own from parts they happened to have lying around, they're about as well designed as IEDs.
« Last Edit: November 28, 2014, 02:57:26 pm by alway »

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #146576 on: November 28, 2014, 02:58:18 pm »

Well, except with this

If you blocked another saber and it deflected onto the hilt, it'd just cut your saber in half. The crossguard would only make sense if the cross section itself was also lightsaber beam material. The handles aren't magically immune to lightsabers. That's only certain materials that are assumed lost. Unless they're already doing retcons for stupid reasons like this. /nerd
Mandolorian iron is lost?

But... what is bobafett running about in? Or those clone commandos who got out?

(Yes, Im basing alot of this off of the clone commando guff...)

Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

Mictlantecuhtli

• Bay Watcher
  • Grinning God of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #146577 on: November 28, 2014, 03:14:13 pm »

Well, considering the only time anyone 're-discovers' Mandalorian iron in the post-Empire era is during the Yuuzhan Vong War, and this new movie isn't set in the actual extended universe I find it highly questionable that alternative universe lightsabers have the material for the same reason. What, they magically make some freakin Phrik? Discover a random lode of it for some arbitrary reason to allow ridiculously impractical lightsaber designs to be slightly less impractical? :/

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #146578 on: November 28, 2014, 03:26:57 pm »

Now Im confused, I was under the assumption that mano iron is just some really special iron found mostly on their world, but its still iron, and that Phrik is some other totally different material that is their version of unubtanuim.

Unless Phrick isint purple. If its not, then thats another.

Also, i was under the impression that mandiorian iron was never lost, just that noone besides the mandos had the brain fart necessary to decide to make armor out of this thing that can stop lightsabers, even tho it cant stop blasterfire point-blank...
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #146579 on: November 28, 2014, 03:34:34 pm »

Star Wars VII teaser is out. To be honest I feel leaning more torwards ambivalent than happy at the moment, but there's no thread for that :P
29 seconds: the exact instant at which I lost all hope. Which is surprising because the ol' hamstercam is actually vaguely practical in its own way, but it implies silly droids being a thing, which implies exactly the wrong lessons were learned.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.
Pages: 1 ... 9770 9771 [9772] 9773 9774 ... 13325