Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9723 9724 [9725] 9726 9727 ... 13325

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15736843 times)

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
Re: [???] What do they kno? Snoooooooooo (Happy thread)
« Reply #145860 on: November 18, 2014, 07:13:38 pm »

kristallnacht is nothing to laugh at Tawa. That was some srsbznz that happened right there.

Wel.. We also have kindergarten, garden, love, music, and... Quite a few others. English is a germanic language. It just so happened to become bastardised from "old english" which has a much more Germanic flavoring.
One of my favorites facts is the fact that cow, chicken, sheep, and (assumedly; it gets a bit murky) pig are all Germanic in origin, while beef, pullet/capon, mutton, and pork are all French - what the nobles ate was Norman, what the peasants raised was Saxon. 

Mephisto

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #145861 on: November 18, 2014, 08:59:37 pm »

Unrelated to the current discussion, the following creation was finally unveiled.

Weaponized Tuk Tuk

I know people need income and I love Colin's insane work, but the shilling was a bit over the top on this one. Still, I found it to be pretty enjoyable.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #145862 on: November 18, 2014, 09:10:13 pm »

Did he just pop a wheelie in an autorickshaw?
...not to mention the dakka and rear facing flamer
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

AlleeCat

• Bay Watcher
  • Black, the beast, descends from shadows...
    • View Profile
« Reply #145863 on: November 18, 2014, 09:23:16 pm »

Also, somebody gave a rhetoric speech supporting gay marriage in 10th grade- nobody screamed, and nobody got angry at her!
Knowing 10th graders, this is very surprising. Knowing public schools, this is even more surprising. Give her a high five from me next time you see her.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #145864 on: November 18, 2014, 09:24:58 pm »

What I wouldn't give to see a little bit of this homophobia which is apparently very prevalent everywhere except here.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #145865 on: November 18, 2014, 09:28:25 pm »

Also, somebody gave a rhetoric speech supporting gay marriage in 10th grade- nobody screamed, and nobody got angry at her!
Knowing 10th graders, this is very surprising. Knowing public schools, this is even more surprising. Give her a high five from me next time you see her.
That's 4th year HS here (well, before our system was revamped -.-)
So *CHEERS* to ya :D
This...is usually common though, in 2nd year onwards, usually 3rd year HS here.
Err, in our public schools anyway ._. (seems better for private)

I have an odd feeling that I shouldn't be so happy, but I somehow am
Woah there lassie, let's not act purely on feeling unless it pertains to intuition (which is feelings with backing, though sometimes you've to search for the thought behind it :P). Everyone has a right to be happy and truly happy.

AlleeCat

• Bay Watcher
  • Black, the beast, descends from shadows...
    • View Profile
« Reply #145866 on: November 18, 2014, 09:32:54 pm »

I have an odd feeling that I shouldn't be so happy, but I somehow am
Woah there lassie, let's not act purely on feeling unless it pertains to intuition (which is feelings with backing, though sometimes you've to search for the thought behind it :P). Everyone has a right to be happy and truly happy.
Well, everyone has a right to be happy, but that doesn't mean everyone deserves to be happy. Although not deserving to be happy is reserved for the truly horrible people out there, like some of the people I live with. (rage thread for context)

Caroline, though... You definitely deserve to be happy. :)

EDIT:
Other happy: I'm excited about the discovery of life on the comet we landed on~
« Last Edit: November 18, 2014, 10:01:23 pm by AlleeCat »

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #145867 on: November 18, 2014, 10:09:47 pm »

Life on the comet? I know I live in a cave, but I figured I'd hear about this somewhere besides bay12 first.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Mephisto

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #145868 on: November 18, 2014, 10:14:14 pm »

We didn't discover life, we discovered organic molecules. That means there were molecules present that contained one or more carbon atoms.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #145869 on: November 18, 2014, 10:25:08 pm »

Well, that's not so unexpected...
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #145870 on: November 18, 2014, 10:50:22 pm »

Carbon is one of the more common elements in the universe (if you don't count hydrogen and helium...) and it bonds with a lot of shit.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #145871 on: November 18, 2014, 11:03:31 pm »

That's outright German though.
Sounds a hell of a lot like "crystal night", though, and translates to "night of broken glass".

I thought it meant 'night of the long knives'? Unless that's a different one.

Edit: Checked wiki and yeah I'm thinking of a different event.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2014, 11:07:16 pm by smjjames »

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #145872 on: November 18, 2014, 11:14:37 pm »

I still haven't confessed my feelings to mah crush, but something else wonderful happened.
-stuff-
That sounds like it actually went pretty well! The time is ripe for you to latch your claws onto her and tell her how you feel.
Ask her out on a romantic escape from Rupture Farms or something. :D

Edit: My own happy (which I forgot to mention): I just wrote a song about an unfortunate purple dinosaur with a foot fetish.
Now I just need to start a band/learn to play a bunch of instruments at once!
« Last Edit: November 18, 2014, 11:31:21 pm by Yoink »
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #145873 on: November 19, 2014, 12:05:39 am »

Get a guitar, a harmonica, and one of those weird harmonica stands that go on your neck. Done!

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #145874 on: November 19, 2014, 12:22:07 am »

kristallnacht is nothing to laugh at Tawa. That was some srsbznz that happened right there.

Wel.. We also have kindergarten, garden, love, music, and... Quite a few others. English is a germanic language. It just so happened to become bastardised from "old english" which has a much more Germanic flavoring.
One of my favorites facts is the fact that cow, chicken, sheep, and (assumedly; it gets a bit murky) pig are all Germanic in origin, while beef, pullet/capon, mutton, and pork are all French - what the nobles ate was Norman, what the peasants raised was Saxon.

We generally just say chicken for chicken meat, and chickens were one of the few things anglo-saxon peasants could raise to eat for themselves, so which animals stuck in French/German can actually indicate what the common people were left to eat. Pig is indeed murky, since "pig" seems to come from the same language root as latin "porc", but it's hard to say exactly when it arrived. And another couple of good examples are Deer => Venison, and "rabbit" which is generally just called "rabbit meat", because it's peasant food.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2014, 12:25:48 am by Reelya »
Pages: 1 ... 9723 9724 [9725] 9726 9727 ... 13325