Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9721 9722 [9723] 9724 9725 ... 13325

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15736806 times)

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
  • if you must die, die spectacularly
    • View Profile
Re: [???] What do they kno? Snoooooooooo (Happy thread)
« Reply #145830 on: November 18, 2014, 03:51:17 pm »

Hey guys, Ireland exists! It has no venomous snakes! Or any snakes, for that matter!
And that's about all the positives of Ireland.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #145831 on: November 18, 2014, 03:51:33 pm »

Virtually nobody invented anything. Most "we invented it why didn't you?" arguments come from cultures / races who happened to import all the technology, purely by luck of being geographically connected to the place that did have the tech. Read the book "guns, germs and steel". Places which lack tech are without exception, remote places who don't have contact with the main trade routes. If you stuck England in the south pacific 5000 years ago, then today it would be full of native celts with wooden bows and arrows.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2014, 03:53:23 pm by Reelya »

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #145832 on: November 18, 2014, 03:51:45 pm »

I LIVE THERE WHAT DO YOU THINK I WAS TALKING ABOUT WITH "THE BLIGHT"

....are you sure?
I think. Upstate New York looks like a Mad Max movie, right?
I LIVE THERE WHAT DO YOU THINK I WAS TALKING ABOUT WITH "THE BLIGHT"

....are you sure?

Hush, don't burst his delusion.
If he doesn't want to face that he lives in Shayol Ghul, that's up to him.
How're things in England, DwArfY?
Virtually nobody invented anything. Most "we invented it why didn't you?" arguments come from cultures / races who happened to import all the technology, purely by luck of being geographically connected to the place that did have the tech. Read the book "guns, germs and steel". Places which lack tech are without exception, remote places who don't have contact with the main trade routes.
Where the hell did this come from?
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

TamerVirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Who cares
    • View Profile
« Reply #145833 on: November 18, 2014, 03:53:04 pm »

Virtually nobody invented anything. Most "we invented it why didn't you?" arguments come from cultures / races who happened to import all the technology, purely by luck of being geographically connected to the place that did have the tech. Read the book "guns, germs and steel". Places which lack tech are without exception, remote places who don't have contact with the main trade routes.

But then who made phone?
What can mysteriously disappear can mysteriously reappear
*Shakes fist at TamerVirus*

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile
« Reply #145834 on: November 18, 2014, 03:53:23 pm »

but then who made ENGLISH

DUN DUN DUNNNN
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #145835 on: November 18, 2014, 03:54:20 pm »

but then who made ENGLISH

DUN DUN DUNNNN
THE GERMANS

DUN DUN DUNNNN
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #145836 on: November 18, 2014, 03:54:40 pm »

@Tawarochir:

Related to your "why didn't you invent iron working?" line in relation to the New Zealand comment. The link should be straightforward: you asked why didn't NZ invent this tech, and I pointed out, neither did your ancestors - they imported the tech, and New Zealand had no opportunity to do the same, because it's in the middle of the ocean in the middle of nowhere.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2014, 03:57:18 pm by Reelya »

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #145837 on: November 18, 2014, 03:57:18 pm »

Wouldn't know, buddy boy, not living there :P

You, however, live in New York State...and everyone knows up-staters were out bred by the local raccoons.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #145838 on: November 18, 2014, 03:58:51 pm »

Raccoons are very good at making babies...

They also make good target practice, so it all works out.

Also happy today; the temperature is above freezing and its supposed to stay that way for a while! I don't have to spend all day smashing ice! \O/
« Last Edit: November 18, 2014, 04:02:54 pm by Eric Blank »
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #145839 on: November 18, 2014, 03:59:47 pm »

But then who made phone?

1 guy invented that. But people stick racial pride / identity on it and that's where it becomes bullshit - "we invented the phone, why didn't you?". Usually said by some loser whos greatest invention was a really huge fart he once did from eating too many burritos.

Usually it's dumbasses taking the piss out of really smart people in the "inferior" country. An example might be American internet trolls and "pundits" (people who talk a lot but don't actually make anything) giving shit to the Chinese engineers who created the J20 supersonic fighter. Basically saying it's a rip off of a plane "we" made (F111 or F22 usually), when in fact it looks nothing like either the F111/F22, except for having the same basic "plane parts".
« Last Edit: November 18, 2014, 04:07:30 pm by Reelya »

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #145840 on: November 18, 2014, 04:08:03 pm »

@Tawarochir:

Related to your "why didn't you invent iron working?" line in relation to the New Zealand comment. The link should be straightforward: you asked why didn't NZ invent this tech, and I pointed out, neither did your ancestors - they imported the tech, and New Zealand had no opportunity to do the same, because it's in the middle of the ocean in the middle of nowhere.
I said "develop" and was making a DF joke.

You, however, live in New York State...and everyone knows up-staters were out bred by the local raccoons.
Damn! My enraging tactics failed.

I'll get you for this, DwArfY! MARK MY WORDS, YOU [insert British insult here]!

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #145841 on: November 18, 2014, 04:11:28 pm »

I could ask the same question. Why didn't you develop techniques to process ironsand?
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #145842 on: November 18, 2014, 04:13:25 pm »

I could ask the same question. Why didn't you develop techniques to process ironsand?
The heck's ironsand?

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #145843 on: November 18, 2014, 04:15:34 pm »

Sand with iron in it. What did you think it was?
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile
« Reply #145844 on: November 18, 2014, 04:16:29 pm »

@Tawarochir:

I said "develop" and was making a DF joke.

Damn! My enraging tactics failed.

I'll get you for this, DwArfY! MARK MY WORDS, YOU [insert British insult here]!
Wanker. Blighter. Bugger. There's plenty.
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...
Pages: 1 ... 9721 9722 [9723] 9724 9725 ... 13325