Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 925 926 [927] 928 929 ... 13325

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15799085 times)

Chattox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you HAPPY today thread. Mew! :3
« Reply #13890 on: July 25, 2010, 05:50:10 pm »

UFO: The Two Sides seems to be developing nicely. About one percent every week, and at 87% at last check.
What's that? An X-COM tribute of some sort?
It's a full fan remake of Enemy Unknown and Terror From The Deep, with all the features that were cut from them implimented. In addition, it allows you to play as the aliens against X-COM. Full 1 on 1 mutiplayer supported. Beta finished and will be so awesome when it's fully finished.
That does indeed look incredibly awesome, downloading the beta now!
"10 z levels down, 10 tiles north is some blood, i shall go clean it before it drives me to insanity with it's crimson color"
The setting of Half-Life 2 Episode 3's release: "It is the 41st Millennium. For more than a hundred centuries the Gabe has sat immobile on the..."

NRN_R_Sumo1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13891 on: July 25, 2010, 05:53:09 pm »

woke up on my parents couch, went home to my appartment.

god that couch was uncomfortable  :P
A dwarf is nothing but an alcohol powered beard.

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #13892 on: July 25, 2010, 06:03:00 pm »

Upgrade all three brothers to use a bow. They get their own version of the triangle attack.

Which brothers?
Oh, wait a sec... wrong Fire Emblem game, I got mixed up there. A couple of the kids in path of radiance can upgrade similarly, then gain the ability to triangle attack.
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #13893 on: July 25, 2010, 06:29:34 pm »

I'm playing the first fog mission now.  This is scary, I never know what's coming next and it's hard to position myself to protect my weak people.
Shoes...

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #13894 on: July 25, 2010, 08:01:48 pm »

Played a game of Munchkin. Won.
That was fun.  :D

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13895 on: July 25, 2010, 08:30:07 pm »

Munchkin is a great, silly game. I'm tempted to get the boardgame.

On the note of D&D related things, I'm tempted to livestream some Record of Lodoss War sometime soon. I want to watch it again.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13896 on: July 25, 2010, 08:33:11 pm »

I had a customer talk herself into a Compaq today, even though she up and down hated HP. I even let her know that HP owns Compaq, but that didn't seem to faze her. Little things like this amuse me.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #13897 on: July 25, 2010, 08:57:28 pm »

I have two hours and four minutes left in my second decade of being alive.  I'm going to spend it playing Real Lives, Castlevania, and Fire Emblem.

Livin' the dream here.
Shoes...

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13898 on: July 25, 2010, 09:16:58 pm »

Awesome. I remember those days. I don't remember much of the year after, but still. Good times.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13899 on: July 25, 2010, 09:20:18 pm »

Happy birthday Cthulu!

Also, on a note related to beings who spread a cult of madness across the world...

Quote from: an Introduction to Scientology, and to the best run-on-sentance ever:
There is hope for Man. With Scientology he can get better and he can get kinder and more decent and more tolerant of his fellow man and perhaps some of the basic goals of religions of the past can be attained with Scientology

Apparently my roommate has a copy of this Introduction to Scientology movie (under an hour long), and this is making me all kinds of happy.

I've got this inspirational and moving film all up on The Livestream right now. If you seek an answer to life's persistent questions, please join me this evening for an insightful and candid interview, granted to us by the gracious founder of the fastest-growing religion in the world.

But seriously, this could be magical guys.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13900 on: July 25, 2010, 09:35:44 pm »

Aw, no one is interested in my new, shiny and somewhat important sounding but not really too incredible job title?

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13901 on: July 25, 2010, 10:22:02 pm »

« Last Edit: July 25, 2010, 10:26:56 pm by Tack »
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #13902 on: July 25, 2010, 10:24:58 pm »

Happy birthday Cthulhu.

Well, Lord of the Rings was a welcome watch for the weekend. Just as well, my room is finally cleaned up and breathable again (along with my desk actually being a workspace again), and I've been cleaning up and optimizing my computer in preparation for next week, and future jobs. My goodness, a proper full defrag on my machine takes freaking ages. Which should explain my lack of activity BTW.

As for the rest of today, I have no idea, but I had a sudden urge to feel happy for no reason. I'm not sure what exactly hit me. As far as I can consider, no longer having my job (as seems to be a trend I've been noticing on the forums), I am not bothered by it. Then again, within the next 2 weeks, I should have everything (design-wise) for my sisters done and get a decent commission off it once everything takes off there; after spending the weekend with my brothers next week, and visiting my dad while I'm out of town (finally being able to keep a promise for once), I should be able to have nothing in my way (after I commit my 2 weeks notice, seeing as I can't stand my job anymore, and I actually managed to cash in my vacation pay, I get it in my next paycheck) to start planning to look for some more long-term freelance jobs that would guarantee a rather decent payoff. And thanks to the business my dad works in, and the fact I would have a hell of alot more free time, I can always ask if he can hook me up with some PA (production-assistant) jobs anytime he has work. A little something on the side, and some quality time to spend as well.

Oddly enough, the calm I feel from knowing all this beforehand, it feels familiar, like an old friend I haven't seen for ages. I missed being this happy. For once it feels genuine, and I don't have to be cautiously optimistic or even remotely paranoid about it; I feel I finally earned it, and it'll stay this time. Bizarrely enough, I felt like a kid without a care in the world again. Last I felt that way was 2 decades ago.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13903 on: July 25, 2010, 10:26:35 pm »

@Itnetlolor

Have you tried the Disk Defrag utility from Auslogics? It's much faster than the standard one.

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #13904 on: July 25, 2010, 10:27:34 pm »

@Itnetlolor

Have you tried the Disk Defrag utility from Auslogics? It's much faster than the standard one.
Using defraggler here. I was just keeping it a decent supply of CPU to do the job (which helped a good deal), but I'm just making sure it sorts out very well, seeing as my machine was acting up, and I did a few virus scans anyway.

EDIT:
I used Aus's Defrag before; Defraggler is just more flexible, and not as much of a resource hog.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2010, 10:30:16 pm by Itnetlolor »
Pages: 1 ... 925 926 [927] 928 929 ... 13325