Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9170 9171 [9172] 9173 9174 ... 13325

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15786451 times)

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
Re: [╰(゜益゜)╯︵ /(.□. /] BURRITOTOWN RETURNS?!?! (Happy thread!)
« Reply #137565 on: August 10, 2014, 11:19:48 pm »

I first noticed Vin Deisel when he put out Fast & Furious and xXx in rapid succession.  I hadn't noticed him besides those movies, so he seemed heavily type-casted to me at first, and left an alpha male asshole supreme kind of impression on me.

Then I saw Pitch Black, learned about his gaming hobby and general enthusiasm for sci-fi/fantasy, and realized I'd never been more wrong about a person.  Now he's pretty high on my "probably one of the coolest people in the world to know" list.
You didn't see Saving Private Ryan? He was in that, his first(?) live-action role.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #137566 on: August 10, 2014, 11:21:34 pm »

I first noticed Vin Deisel when he put out Fast & Furious and xXx in rapid succession.  I hadn't noticed him besides those movies, so he seemed heavily type-casted to me at first, and left an alpha male asshole supreme kind of impression on me.

Then I saw Pitch Black, learned about his gaming hobby and general enthusiasm for sci-fi/fantasy, and realized I'd never been more wrong about a person.  Now he's pretty high on my "probably one of the coolest people in the world to know" list.
If it wasn't for this, I would have been cracking jokes left and right about him finally finding an acting niche that suits him perfectly. GotG was pretty spiffy, yeah. I'm glad the atmosphere and tech were both right for them to do such a fine job with it.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #137567 on: August 10, 2014, 11:23:34 pm »

You didn't see Saving Private Ryan? He was in that, his first(?) live-action role.

I saw it, but I didn't *notice* him as an actor at that point.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #137568 on: August 10, 2014, 11:31:32 pm »

I saw it, but I didn't *notice* him as an actor at that point.
Ah, gotcha.

Matt Damon and Nate Fillon were in it as well. It's kinda cool to watch those actors before they hit their most well-known roles.

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
« Reply #137569 on: August 10, 2014, 11:37:28 pm »

Just remembered that I found some doodles I had drawn safe and sound while I was at my mom's.

The doodles are crap, but at least she didn't find them and throw them out like she usually does with non-school art that I make.

Though I forgot to bring them with me, so they are still where I left them.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #137570 on: August 10, 2014, 11:59:39 pm »

I knew that the first three Metal Gear Solid games had a theme:

1 had "gene", how a person's genetics affect them.
2 had "meme", how the ideas passed between people affect them.
3 had "scene", how the circumstances and environment affects people.

I didn't know that 4 had a theme though.

It was "being", how the previous three make up something unique that is lost forever with death.

Lemme tell you, that's beautiful. Fuck death. That's a happy enough sentiment, right?
« Last Edit: August 11, 2014, 12:33:36 am by Putnam »

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile
« Reply #137571 on: August 11, 2014, 12:16:45 am »

Three was amazing. It also had the best opening in the universe.
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...

AlleeCat

• Bay Watcher
  • Black, the beast, descends from shadows...
    • View Profile
« Reply #137572 on: August 11, 2014, 02:33:39 am »

I love Ken Ashcorp.

Three was amazing. It also had the best opening in the universe.
Three had some of the best gameplay, but it was also the point when the games started to transition to the "less gameplay, more cutscene" sentiment that ran rampant throughout four. Say what you want about two, but it had some decent gameplay, and I felt there was more gameplay than cutscene.
Peace Walker still has to be my favorite, though. Despite having shitty controls, it had a ton of extra content, fun characters, delightful easter eggs, and legitimately fun co-op. Plus, the PS3 re-release mostly fixed the control issues anyway.

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile
« Reply #137573 on: August 11, 2014, 02:54:21 am »

I also loved Revengence. Jesus, that music, that story, that gameplay, and THAT FINAL BOSS.
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #137574 on: August 11, 2014, 03:01:28 am »

Just remembered that I found some doodles I had drawn safe and sound while I was at my mom's.

The doodles are crap, but at least she didn't find them and throw them out like she usually does with non-school art that I make.

Though I forgot to bring them with me, so they are still where I left them.

Blerg, you need to get away from that woman.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #137575 on: August 11, 2014, 03:03:52 am »

I'm pretty sure that if he could he'd have already teleported away out of sheer will.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
  • That guy who used to be here all the time
    • View Profile
« Reply #137576 on: August 11, 2014, 03:05:25 am »

Making a party in mm6.... based off of the madoka magica girls.

Sayaka is a paladin with no personality (eg no social skillz) and the only one with halfway decent armor!
Madoka is an archer with no hp and the only girl even decent at being her actual class!
Kyoko is a knight with no endurance who can't wear anything heavier than leather armor!
And Mami is an archer who isn't allowed to use any sort of weapon at all, except for the ancient weapons got in the late mid-game!

Together they die horribly to goblins familiars!

Not-a-edit: game went precisely as expected. Mami died. A lot. Madoka died. A lot. Sayaka died. A couple times. Kyouko had to carry their limp bodies back to the temple to get them rezzed after fighting the three gobbos on the roof. And then the game crashed to desktop, apparently giving up. I like to think of it as the incubators reseting once they realized their mgs weren't going to mature, just die with whimpers.

On the upside, losing this was actually pretty fun. It reminded me why I like hard games like mm6 and df. Sure, the party was the most unbalanced POS party rolled since my four-sorcerers-no-intellect-final-destination run, but look on the bright side.

It was fucking entertaining.

It might work if I get them all drunk....
Thou art I, I art Thou.
The trust you have bestowed upon thy comrade is now reciprocated in turn.
Thou shall be blessed when calling upon personae of the Hangman Arcana.
May this tie bind thee to a brighter future!​
Ikusaba Quest! - Fistfighting space robots for the benefit of your familial bonds to Satan is passe, so you call Sherlock Holmes and ask her to pop by.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #137577 on: August 11, 2014, 03:07:59 am »

MM6? Might and Magic?

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
  • That guy who used to be here all the time
    • View Profile
Thou art I, I art Thou.
The trust you have bestowed upon thy comrade is now reciprocated in turn.
Thou shall be blessed when calling upon personae of the Hangman Arcana.
May this tie bind thee to a brighter future!​
Ikusaba Quest! - Fistfighting space robots for the benefit of your familial bonds to Satan is passe, so you call Sherlock Holmes and ask her to pop by.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #137579 on: August 11, 2014, 03:31:41 am »

Whoa whoa whoa, Vin Diesel was the Iron Giant? :o
I mean, I barely even remember that movie now, but I know I loved it as a kid. I'll have to admit, I usually look at Vin Diesel as your standard-issue douchey Hollywood tough guy, but well... maybe I was wrong, heh. The only really interesting thing I knew about him was that he was apparently once an illegal street fighter, which is pretty cool.
Didn't realise he was in Saving Private Ryan, either. Sounds like a good excuse to re-watch it, that movie was great- and I actually missed the opening battle scene, since I watched it when it happened to come on on TV. Might rent it on blu-ray.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.
Pages: 1 ... 9170 9171 [9172] 9173 9174 ... 13325