Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9127 9128 [9129] 9130 9131 ... 13325

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15806036 times)

Alev

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [╰(゜益゜)╯︵ /(.□. /] BURRITOTOWN RETURNS?!?! (Happy thread!)
« Reply #136920 on: August 04, 2014, 08:56:54 pm »

Universal Studios. Orlando.

My best guess, anyway. I'm assuming that you're not in Honduras because of your RRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE (maybe it was sad? I forget) thread post the other day.

I used to be into Harry Potter too until I read LotR.
And we have a winner!

The Harry Potter series is like a sacred book in my family. It is the series that started me reading seriously. I began the first book in first grade and finished the series by second. Handed the books down to my sister, who did the same. She handed it down to my other sister, who started reading first grade and just finished now that she is in second grade. The original book is from the personal library of my great grandparent.
Cool.
Now.
The Wheel of Time.
Read it.  :D
Da. Ja. Yes. Sí. Jā. Do it.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #136921 on: August 04, 2014, 09:18:17 pm »

Universal Studios. Orlando.

My best guess, anyway. I'm assuming that you're not in Honduras because of your RRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE (maybe it was sad? I forget) thread post the other day.

And we have a winner!

The Harry Potter series is like a sacred book in my family. It is the series that started me reading seriously. I began the first book in first grade and finished the series by second. Handed the books down to my sister, who did the same. She handed it down to my other sister, who started reading first grade and just finished now that she is in second grade. The original book is from the personal library of my great grandparent.
Cool.
Now.
The Wheel of Time.
Read it.  :D
Join us
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #136922 on: August 04, 2014, 09:18:51 pm »

« Last Edit: January 01, 2018, 03:28:20 pm by Vector »
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #136923 on: August 04, 2014, 09:19:36 pm »

Hobbit's where it's at. I could never manage to actually get through the LotR trilogy. Somewhere in the second or early parts of the third I just repeatedly stalled and could not push through. Forget exactly what it was, but it bored me to the point I actually put the book down and left it, which is something (putting down the work, not necessarily out of boredom) that's happened outside of fanfiction a number of times I don't even need two sets of fingers to count them.

But the Hobbit, yeesh. I think during my elementary school years I read that like... twenty times. Fun book for a lil' youngling. Mind you, this was like a decade or something before HP even existed but eh.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #136924 on: August 04, 2014, 09:21:39 pm »

I haven't read either series. Harry Potter because I decided it was crap, and Wheel of Time because it's too sodding long.

work day is over

thank

god
Slowpokeitis is spreading.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Alev

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #136925 on: August 04, 2014, 09:23:42 pm »

I haven't read either series. Harry Potter because I decided it was crap, and Wheel of Time because it's too sodding long.

work day is over

thank

god
Slowpokeitis is spreading.
y u no WoT. It really isn't that long. Less that 14000 pages.

tuypo1

• Bay Watcher
  • i really apreciate a good analogy
    • View Profile
« Reply #136926 on: August 04, 2014, 09:23:56 pm »

Censorship to protect the people?

From what?

A penis?
He probably means like censoring re: witness protection?
Yes stuff like that I was thinking more military secrets but that to basically the sort of Shit that arsehole Wikileaks Guy I can't remember his name keeps releasing
important project progress

have some basic idea of whats going to go in it

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #136927 on: August 04, 2014, 09:25:10 pm »

I've actually finished more of Dune than I have of LotR. Not quite sure how that fits in to the above.
Haven't read harry potter since our teacher decided to make it a book report subject years ago.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #136928 on: August 04, 2014, 09:25:35 pm »

work day is over

thank

god

Just sat down at home for the first time today a little after 10 pm.  I feel your pain.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #136929 on: August 04, 2014, 09:26:19 pm »

y u no WoT. It really isn't that long. Less that 14000 pages.
I guess it's not that bad. To the Library!
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #136930 on: August 04, 2014, 09:27:07 pm »

Harry Potter was my first rung in my reading ladder. I used to despise reading, was lowest in my class and needed extra reading lessons. That changed.

I still remember how happy my mum was when I asked if I could stay up late to read the Philosopher's Stone.

Grew out of Harry Potter. Discovered LoTR and Hobbit. Then WoT. Now I cycle between rereading those and devouring random other books. Oh, and Patrick Rothfuss the Name of the Wind. It's good too.

Despite that, Harry Potter has huge sentimental value for me. It's got my mum's writing on the inside front cover, the date she gave it to me and some text I won't repeat for fear of embarrassing myself :P

Arghhhhhhhhhhhhh

InsanityIncarnate!

I hate it when people don't read something because it's too long.

So many Ninjas.

You are forgiven, InsanityIncarnate.

Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #136931 on: August 04, 2014, 09:31:32 pm »

HP's honestly decent enough up until... half-blood prince, I think? Either that one or the one before. S'a reason a lot of fanfiction for it starts during or after OotP. If nothing else, I'll give it points because it's spawned more fanfiction than god. I mean, not that that's saying much since bible/vedas/whatever fanfics are fairly niche, but the point stands.

I totes sympathize with not reading something because of length, though. I mean, that's a strange thing to say coming from a person that's devoured several million+ word individual works, but I completely understand that kind of vague foreboding when you're looking at word count or whatever and it's just... huge. It's like your brain is kinda' nudging you going, "Are... are you sure that's going to fit?" and then making vaguely suggestive hand motions. S'a little intimidating. Especially if you're one to feel compelled to finish reading something you start reading and you know opening that first page means you're allocating several days/weeks/months/etc. of your life to reading this one piece of fiction.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2014, 09:37:24 pm by Frumple »
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #136932 on: August 04, 2014, 09:34:23 pm »

You don't notice the time go.

Truly, LoTR only barely beats it, and that's 'cause of the poems and songs.
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #136933 on: August 04, 2014, 09:35:12 pm »

« Last Edit: January 01, 2018, 03:28:29 pm by Vector »
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

TD1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #136934 on: August 04, 2014, 09:36:39 pm »

Em.

*Tries to disguise the fact that he has been known to eat lemons like oranges*
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread
Pages: 1 ... 9127 9128 [9129] 9130 9131 ... 13325