Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9010 9011 [9012] 9013 9014 ... 13325

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15794370 times)

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
Re: [╰(゜益゜)╯︵ /(.□. /] BURRITOTOWN RETURNS?!?! (Happy thread!)
« Reply #135165 on: July 18, 2014, 08:15:27 pm »

EDIT: http://www.cracked.com/article_21369_6-ways-movies-get-space-wrong-by-astronaut-chris-hadfield.html

Cracked got Chris Hadfield to do an article. As the link suggests, it's about space.

aaaaw yisss.
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #135166 on: July 18, 2014, 08:18:11 pm »

The exterior pics don't really do it justice, as it has a very non-flashy exterior. But the interior is delicious.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #135167 on: July 18, 2014, 08:51:51 pm »

DotA only belongs in the "things that are lame" thread.
come on drama, come on drama

wait if that exists can you link it to me

EDIT: also people usually don't shoot down happies unless it's self-destructive? not sure what's up with that
the /s was implied

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #135168 on: July 18, 2014, 08:55:46 pm »

Yeah, but there was still no discussion on fuggin video games on ESPN. Like, I know a lot of things get ignored in this thread and that's okay because it's something of an organism where people only respond to things that interest them and you can't expect every post to be interesting, but when the only posts are basically saying "lol dota sucks just kidding" it's kinda disheartening.

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #135169 on: July 18, 2014, 08:59:50 pm »

Eh, I just assumed it was just some Twitch like thing.

Which I guess it isn't :P

sal880612m

• Bay Watcher
  • [SANITY:OPTIONAL]
    • View Profile
« Reply #135170 on: July 18, 2014, 09:06:53 pm »

I have never played Dota let alone Dota 2. I know nothing about them, not even what type of gameplay they have.

On the general idea of video games on ESPN it just seems weird to me. 
"I was chopping off little bits of 'im till he talked, startin' at the toes."
"You probably should have stopped sometime before his eyes."

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #135171 on: July 18, 2014, 09:16:47 pm »

Yeah, but there was still no discussion on fuggin video games on ESPN. Like, I know a lot of things get ignored in this thread and that's okay because it's something of an organism where people only respond to things that interest them and you can't expect every post to be interesting, but when the only posts are basically saying "lol dota sucks just kidding" it's kinda disheartening.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #135172 on: July 18, 2014, 09:31:21 pm »

I think it's pretty cool, and I spent most of today watching the opening of the top bracket.

A bit of background I think for people who don't know, the international is I believe the largest (as measured by prize pool) esports event ever by a very large margin. And ESPN is a legitimate 'real' sports place. The amount of money here and the fact that a non game place is apparently paying attention to it should be at least a bit exciting, not only for fans of dota, not only for fans of esports even. But anyone with a interest in videos games since it's a pretty large step towards video games becoming widely recognized as as a legitimate thing.

By the way, since this is the conversation, does anyone know why liquid got put in the bracket that it did even though they did better in the group stage then Na'Vi? I honestly don't understand, and I've been totally unable to find any information on it.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2014, 09:34:09 pm by Criptfeind »

sal880612m

• Bay Watcher
  • [SANITY:OPTIONAL]
    • View Profile
« Reply #135173 on: July 18, 2014, 09:58:52 pm »

And now I'm off to bed.

Rather than old doesn't that seem more like a fantasy game?
"I was chopping off little bits of 'im till he talked, startin' at the toes."
"You probably should have stopped sometime before his eyes."

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #135174 on: July 18, 2014, 10:14:57 pm »

-
« Last Edit: March 08, 2018, 02:22:45 pm by Vector »
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #135175 on: July 18, 2014, 10:18:02 pm »

Confirmed: I'll be working enough hours each week to pay the bills and then some at my regular job. Still hoping to land the tutoring job, because that'll be a... large amount of money to sock away into savings every month. But this setup is really, really good right now. I spent 5 hours a day learning from a responsible adult how to run a household, and being fed tea and being paid, and then I can spend the rest of the day relaxing or working on personal projects. It's also extremely close to a local Asian grocery store, so my grocery bills are overall going very precipitously down.

I'm also getting to a point where I probably won't need to be in therapy for too much longer. I'm proud of myself.
Highfive!

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #135176 on: July 18, 2014, 10:20:41 pm »

Congratulatory hug-pile on Vector.

* Descan takes a running jump.
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #135177 on: July 18, 2014, 10:52:37 pm »

Confirmed: I'll be working enough hours each week to pay the bills and then some at my regular job. Still hoping to land the tutoring job, because that'll be a... large amount of money to sock away into savings every month. But this setup is really, really good right now. I spent 5 hours a day learning from a responsible adult how to run a household, and being fed tea and being paid, and then I can spend the rest of the day relaxing or working on personal projects. It's also extremely close to a local Asian grocery store, so my grocery bills are overall going very precipitously down.

I'm also getting to a point where I probably won't need to be in therapy for too much longer. I'm proud of myself.
Highfive!
*cheer-five*

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #135178 on: July 18, 2014, 11:17:38 pm »

Highfive!
Downlow!
* Sirus does NOT move his hand away no matter how slow Vector is
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

SealyStar

• Bay Watcher
  • Gargoyles! Psychics!
    • View Profile
« Reply #135179 on: July 18, 2014, 11:42:19 pm »

What's your job now, again?
I assume it was about cod tendies and an austerity-caused crunch in the supply of good boy points.
Pages: 1 ... 9010 9011 [9012] 9013 9014 ... 13325