Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9003 9004 [9005] 9006 9007 ... 13325

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15796841 times)

Worldmaster27

• Bay Watcher
  • Doop
    • View Profile
Re: [╰(゜益゜)╯︵ /(.□. /] BURRITOTOWN RETURNS?!?! (Happy thread!)
« Reply #135060 on: July 17, 2014, 06:51:57 pm »

Pfft, I just use a computer.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
« Reply #135061 on: July 17, 2014, 07:15:24 pm »

Volunteered at animal shelter today, job was "Go in that room and play with those twenty seven cats." I think there were at least thirty cats.

Took a bunch of kitteh pictures.

Pm if you want the not blurry ones. They ish adorables.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #135062 on: July 17, 2014, 07:17:37 pm »

B-but don't be evil.
Google's motto isn't "be good". Don't expect them to be good guys.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_ALREADY_HERE] [FRIENDSHIPPER:HIGH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #135063 on: July 17, 2014, 07:17:52 pm »

Volunteered at animal shelter today, job was "Go in that room and play with those twenty seven cats." I think there were at least thirty cats.

That's a JOB? 0_0 I must consider doing this in the future.
If you expect to live forever then you will never be disappointed.
Spooky Signature
To fix the horrid default colour scheme, follow the below steps:
Profile> Modify Profile> Look and Layout> Current Theme> (change)> Darkling

Worldmaster27

• Bay Watcher
  • Doop
    • View Profile
« Reply #135064 on: July 17, 2014, 07:25:44 pm »

Me too, mind if we switch places Kevak? :P

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #135065 on: July 17, 2014, 07:30:54 pm »

You should probably just post some of the pictures to the thread.
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #135066 on: July 17, 2014, 07:31:19 pm »

Who needs money when you get paid in cute?!
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

kaenneth

• Bay Watcher
  • Catching fish
    • View Profile
    • Terrible Web Site
« Reply #135067 on: July 17, 2014, 07:38:59 pm »

You haven't seen the nice Japanese currency yet, have you?

a different Yen-tan character for each denomination.
Quote from: Karnewarrior
Jeeze. Any time I want to be sigged I may as well just post in this thread.
Quote from: Darvi
That is an application of trigonometry that never occurred to me.
Quote from: PTTG??
I'm getting cake.
Don't tell anyone that you can see their shadows. If they hear you telling anyone, if you let them know that you know of them, they will get you.

Kadzar

• Bay Watcher
  • Descan Pengwind
    • View Profile
« Reply #135068 on: July 17, 2014, 07:41:12 pm »

People who need to eat? You can't eat cute, unless maybe you're some sort of horrible monster being.
What if the earth is just a knick in one of the infinite swords of the mighty fractal bear?
Glory to Arstotzka!

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #135069 on: July 17, 2014, 07:54:54 pm »

People who need to eat? You can't eat cute, unless maybe you're some sort of horrible monster being.
*pulls the Xantalos signal*
It's FEF, not FEOF

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
« Reply #135070 on: July 17, 2014, 07:58:21 pm »

You should probably just post some of the pictures to the thread.
I put them into a zip file cause easier to upload.

http://puu.sh/ag1Qe/310f8374fe.zip

There it ish if you want thems.

Me too, mind if we switch places Kevak? :P
You could always come down to LA, I could introduce you to the shelter peoples.

Yesh, it ish a job. Technically I could be getting payed for it, there are a bunch of rich peoples who hire catsitters.

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #135071 on: July 17, 2014, 08:00:15 pm »

Yep. Gotta love 'em.
I like the world right now. We have companies that are forming almost complete monopolies in their areas (like Google and Valve), but no one complains because they're cool guys.
There are a lot of reasons to stop liking Google and their monopoly, starting with data storage and cooperation with authoritarian governments and big corps. to aid in mass surveillance and customer profiling.

I'm pretty sure Google put out a lot of statements in the beginning to the effect of "Hey, listen up.  Seriously, this thing is happening.  We keep fighting it, but aren't given a lot of choice in the matter.  Here's as much data about what we're being forced to do as we can get away with making public."  They were actually one of the first high profile activists on the issue, back when the whole notion was regarded as paranoid conspiracy theory.  I think they put less effort into raising awareness of the issue since it's become public knowledge, but they were very loud about it in the beginning.  The younger internet crowd probably never noticed back then, because it was already more than 5 years ago that they started blowing the whistle, long before the Snowden revelations.  They still maintain a Transparency Report on the subject, and have participated in or offered support to multiple protests against surveillance.

I'm as anti-corporate as anyone, and I know Google has some shady practices here and there, but their role in surveillance is mostly beyond their control.  Their only way out would be to shut down their business.  Smart advertising based on data collection is their whole business model.  They couldn't maintain their infrastructure as free to use without that.  As long as they exist in that form, the government will see their data stores as low-hanging fruit.  I still think Google is one of very few large businesses that still operates mostly in good faith.

There are most definitely better targets for criticism on this topic - like Facebook.  They're probably the worst.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2014, 08:02:40 pm by SalmonGod »
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #135072 on: July 17, 2014, 08:05:41 pm »

I'm pretty sure Google put out a lot of statements in the beginning to the effect of "This is happening.  We keep protesting it, but aren't given a lot of choice in the matter.  Here's as much data about what we're being forced to do as we can get away with making public."  They were actually one of the first high profile activists on the issue, back when the whole notion was regarded as paranoid conspiracy theory.  I think they put less effort into raising awareness of the issue since it's become public knowledge, but they were very loud about it in the beginning.  The younger internet crowd probably never noticed back then, because it was already more than 5 years ago that they started blowing the whistle, long before the Snowden revelations.  They still maintain a Transparency Report on the subject, and have participated in or offered support to multiple protests against surveillance.

I'm as anti-corporate as anyone, and I know Google has some shady practices here and there, but their role in surveillance is mostly beyond their control.  Their only way out would be to shut down their business.  Smart advertising based on data collection is their whole business model.  They couldn't maintain their infrastructure as free to use without that.  As long as they exist in that form, the government will see their data stores as low-hanging fruit.  I still think Google is one of very few large businesses that still operates mostly in good faith.

There are most definitely better targets for criticism on this topic - like Facebook.  They're probably the worst.
I suppose you missed the finagle when they were deliberately censoring people on the internet in order to create a public outrage against an EU law that was enacted to enforce the right to be forgotten.

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #135073 on: July 17, 2014, 08:09:32 pm »

I suppose you missed the finagle when they were deliberately censoring people on the internet in order to create a public outrage against an EU law that was enacted to enforce the right to be forgotten.

Yeah, I did miss that.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

Karkov

• Bay Watcher
  • There's been a distinct lack of Praisin' recently.
    • View Profile
« Reply #135074 on: July 17, 2014, 08:23:01 pm »

I missed that as well, got an article or something so I can peruse it?
Pages: 1 ... 9003 9004 [9005] 9006 9007 ... 13325