Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8970 8971 [8972] 8973 8974 ... 13325

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15798138 times)

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
Re: [╰(゜益゜)╯︵ /(.□. /] BURRITOTOWN RETURNS?!?! (Happy thread!)
« Reply #134565 on: July 13, 2014, 08:14:41 am »

You guys talking about MGS or what?
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #134566 on: July 13, 2014, 08:16:42 am »

You guys talking about MGS or what?
Yeh, Peace Walker. I'm a boss at MGS1, 2, PW, and 4. Not so hot at 3, I just don't have the patience to swap camos every two seconds and I don't have the eyes to spot patrols in the forest, so that's the only one I haven't completed a FOXHOUND/BIG BOSS run on (generally: max difficulty, no kills, no alerts, no healing or special items, under a certain number of hours).
« Last Edit: July 13, 2014, 08:26:23 am by GUNINANRUNIN »

Execute/Dumbo.exe

• Bay Watcher
  • Never Types So Much As Punches The Keyboard
    • View Profile
« Reply #134567 on: July 13, 2014, 08:38:52 am »

Huh, I'm pretty much the opposite, I couldn't stand MGS 1 or 2, and I thought 4 was a bit... Off, not to say they weren't quality games of course, but I've never been a completionist either, I'll do side missions if they give me cool stuff but otherwise I won't bother, it's amazing that you have the patience to do all of that stuff though.
He knows how to fix River's tiredness.
Alan help.
IronyOwl   But Kyuubey can more or less be summed up as "You didn't ask."
15:52   IronyOwl   Whereas Dungbeetle is closer to "Fuck you."

Kamin

• Bay Watcher
  • Once you go cloaca, you never go backa.
    • View Profile
    • Slaves to Alcohol: Desura DF Fanpage
« Reply #134569 on: July 13, 2014, 08:41:22 am »

This made me crack the hell up today. Hilarious DF art, and pretty damned well done to boot.
Wandered around a Dark Fortress. Came across the prisons.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #134570 on: July 13, 2014, 09:10:36 am »

Huh, I'm pretty much the opposite, I couldn't stand MGS 1 or 2, and I thought 4 was a bit... Off, not to say they weren't quality games of course, but I've never been a completionist either, I'll do side missions if they give me cool stuff but otherwise I won't bother, it's amazing that you have the patience to do all of that stuff though.
When you kick ass at something you end up doing it a lot. MGS1, 2, 3, PO and PW are masterpieces, but I absolutely agree that MGS4 was definitely not what I was looking for in a sequel. PW should've been MGS4. In retrospect I'm pretty disappointed that Kojima didn't come up with any actually cool bosses in PW and MGS4. They're pretty cut and dry, unlike the members of FOXHOUND, former FOX, Dead Cell, and the Cobra Unit (I can never remember that one, because it's not a very memorable name and doesn't relate at all to it's members anyways).

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #134571 on: July 13, 2014, 09:19:16 am »

I heard that PO wasn't that great for a MGS game, but I've never played it so I can't tell.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #134572 on: July 13, 2014, 09:31:58 am »

I heard that PO wasn't that great for a MGS game, but I've never played it so I can't tell.
It was great, I'd never played anything like it when it came to the mission layout and base management mechanics (you can capture the bad guys and make them your buddies?! awesome!) but the PSP only has ONE ANALOGUE STICK so it sucked since it's a 3D game, but I managed. It led to the whole base management thing in PW and now Phantom Pain so all in all I'm super glad it's a thing.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #134573 on: July 13, 2014, 09:36:41 am »

It's my birthday! This makes a nice even 20.

Happy birthday, Cakeface! :D

I just saw some good bands, and didn't even end up having to walk home or pay for a taxi! Yay!
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Execute/Dumbo.exe

• Bay Watcher
  • Never Types So Much As Punches The Keyboard
    • View Profile
« Reply #134574 on: July 13, 2014, 09:51:51 am »

When you kick ass at something you end up doing it a lot. MGS1, 2, 3, PO and PW are masterpieces, but I absolutely agree that MGS4 was definitely not what I was looking for in a sequel. PW should've been MGS4. In retrospect I'm pretty disappointed that Kojima didn't come up with any actually cool bosses in PW and MGS4. They're pretty cut and dry, unlike the members of FOXHOUND, former FOX, Dead Cell, and the Cobra Unit (I can never remember that one, because it's not a very memorable name and doesn't relate at all to it's members anyways).
You have to admit that apart from PW the bosses were very well designed (I mean in MGS 4 as well, I got that you like the other bosses), as well as the 'sniper' boss that seems to be in most console metal gears, and I guess the reason I didn't like one and two was because I was expecting way different in gameplay, having played MGS3 first, which I loved like a landlubber I guess it was just so annoying for me with one and two because of the camera and Somesuch.
DAMMIT, STOP MAKING ME WANT TO TRY AGAIN WITH ONE AND TWO.
Edit: Also, the controls for the games all around were a bit odd with changing items and weapons consigned to holding down R2 and L2, when there were perfectly fine directional pads just waiting to be used and a couple other niggles, but I still think the MGS series was really good.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2014, 09:56:45 am by Execute/Dumbo.exe »
He knows how to fix River's tiredness.
Alan help.
IronyOwl   But Kyuubey can more or less be summed up as "You didn't ask."
15:52   IronyOwl   Whereas Dungbeetle is closer to "Fuck you."

IronTomato

• Bay Watcher
  • VENGEANCE
    • View Profile
« Reply #134575 on: July 13, 2014, 10:10:21 am »

Your achievements make me feel inadequate, GUNIN. All I've ever done is my MGS2 Extreme run, and my MGR Very Hard run.

I really need to re-unlock Extreme on MGS3 so I can do that.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #134576 on: July 13, 2014, 10:20:30 am »

Your achievements make me feel inadequate, GUNIN. All I've ever done is my MGS2 Extreme run, and my MGR Very Hard run.

I really need to re-unlock Extreme on MGS3 so I can do that.
GET REKT

EDIT: I would do a run of it for you if I had a capture card.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #134577 on: July 13, 2014, 11:11:41 am »

-
« Last Edit: March 08, 2018, 02:29:57 pm by Vector »
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #134578 on: July 13, 2014, 11:19:21 am »

MGS3 Extreme is difficult, but not totally masochistic. MGS2 Extreme made me contemplate homicide. Those RAYs, man, Those fucking RAYs.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #134579 on: July 13, 2014, 11:28:35 am »

-
« Last Edit: March 08, 2018, 02:29:53 pm by Vector »
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".
Pages: 1 ... 8970 8971 [8972] 8973 8974 ... 13325