Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8900 8901 [8902] 8903 8904 ... 13325

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15765879 times)

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile
Re: [\_|-|_/] Kanmusu hijack lawl (Happy thread!)
« Reply #133515 on: July 04, 2014, 11:33:46 pm »

Pls

PLS
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #133516 on: July 04, 2014, 11:38:17 pm »

Though I'm alone at home but with my 2 yr old niece and sister ._. busy busy parents.
Still. \o/
Now if only the net got better...

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #133517 on: July 04, 2014, 11:39:16 pm »

^^Happy cakeday Tir! c:

If you liked Fallout 1&2 (and you should try to get 2 to work, it's worth it) you should try Arcanum: Of Steamworks and Magick Obscura. Random stranger from the internet strongly recomends it.
Will do! Is it Black Isle? I love all their shit.

Pff, scrubs. Fallout 3 is clearly the best Fallout.
Why, though? The combat is slow and predictable, and on higher difficulties requires me to pop ridiculous amounts of healing items to get through. I find melee to be more effective than gunfighting in any situation where I'm not fighting someone with a Big Gun, which to me seems utterly retarded. Fighting in VATS is boring and forces me to stand still! Is there any reason why I can't go third person and give my character a direction to run in as he fires so he doesn't get pegged while he does his thing? Not to mention it just dumps you back into realtime instantly, which gets you killed every single time, because it's disorienting since you've no idea which way you'll be facing when you drop out of VATS and the enemies have usually relocated. Also, I can just mash the VATS button and with max Perception, I don't even have to use my eyeballs to know an enemy is there, as if I could spot them before they see me anyways 500% of the time.

The world is ugly with seams that show everywhere. Sometimes it's unclear where you're allowed to go and what you're allowed to interact with, and most of these huge cities are rat mazes with impassable barriers thrown up everywhere. So much for a persistent overworld. Half my time spent in that game is paused. Either in VATS (which sucks, and doesn't actually make any sense with how it's actually meant to work in the world, and whoever thought mixing this time-out combat with real-time fighting was a moron), my inventory or on loading screens. Also, walking is SLOWWWWW, and there's no other way to get around! Why?! There are plenty of working cars in the older games, the Brotherhood have cars coming out the butthole!

It's really big, but there's nothing in it. Most of the buildings are just full of somewhat useful items and sometimes a couple enemies, some are just completely empty. Why does there need to be so many containers with useless junk in them? My gaming habits/instincts slow the game to a crawl as I walk around staring at the floor for items I might've missed (why isn't there an option to automatically pick up things you walk over? or even a button you can hold? I mean for fuck's sake!), or trying to distinguish piles of gibs, not to mention accidentally picking up useless items and having to navigate through all the stuff I want to keep to find the burnt book I accidentally picked up. Not to mention why do you need to have these items that have no use at all? I can understand having them as props, but then why do you need to enable the player to pick them up? It's pointless, and I have the same complaint with the other Elder Scrolls games.

That's another thing. The game feels like a reskin of Oblivion. Everything is way to similar. Also the models for everything in this game are ugly as hell, except for the monsters. Those actually look really cool. Mirelurks and super mutants and the other creatures of the wasteland are quite well realised.

Stealth is frustrating when your sneak is low and crazy overpowered when it's at higher levels.

It's impossible to get everything. I hate having to sacrifice opportunities for XP. My stats are always too low it seems, and all the quests aren't fun and I couldn't care less about a single one of the characters in the game. The plot is garbage, and it's even worse in New Vegas. Not to mention both games force you through the most annoying UNSKIPPABLE opening sequences of all time with the ridiculous character creation things.

Played through this game multiple times on each difficulty, and it is either really really easy, or completely unfair. I've never got any sort of feeling of satisfaction from the game.
« Last Edit: July 04, 2014, 11:49:44 pm by GUNINANRUNIN »

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #133518 on: July 04, 2014, 11:39:56 pm »

Happy Birthday Tiruin!

Funny, I assumed it would be on All Saints Day.

Take that as you will. :P
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #133519 on: July 04, 2014, 11:53:50 pm »

Happy Birthday, Tiruin.

I agree with Dutchling on the Fallout 3 thing, although Gunin does make one good point: the whole "spamming the vats button to spot distant enemies" thing was quite lame. As was fast-travel. :-\ In fact having enemies pop up on your radar kinda made things less intense from the get-go, really.
I preferred the story of 3, though. Maybe the original games are better, but I haven't played 'em so I dunno.
Someone should gift me them on Steam to further their argument, they're on special!!

The one thing I liked about New Vegas was having more melee weapons. I focused on melee in that game, making a big, dumb ugly brute and just charging at people to beat 'em into a pulp. Was good fun! Especially once I found a chainsaw, and later a thermic lance. Those things were OP.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #133520 on: July 05, 2014, 12:03:51 am »

Agh, we just finished lighting off all our stuff. I'd dedicate a few sparklers to Tir ._.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

IronTomato

• Bay Watcher
  • VENGEANCE
    • View Profile
« Reply #133521 on: July 05, 2014, 12:13:18 am »

Happy birthday, Tiruin.

Sparklers? I've got one left.

*waves sparkler*

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #133522 on: July 05, 2014, 12:27:28 am »

Happy birthday tiruin :P

Happy today: got to go see the fireworks display in coeur d'alene, Idaho. Neat. Busy, though. Stuck in traffic trying to escape, got WiFi access from my school's network since we parked in their parking lot.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #133523 on: July 05, 2014, 12:50:49 am »

Happy birthday tiruin :P

Happy today: got to go see the fireworks display in coeur d'alene, Idaho. Neat. Busy, though. Stuck in traffic trying to escape, got WiFi access from my school's network since we parked in their parking lot.
You a Washingtonian? Or do you live there?

Happy boom-boom night everyone. My neighborhood is currently exploding, and the dogs are freaking out in a quiet and strangely adorable way.
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #133524 on: July 05, 2014, 12:55:56 am »

I live nearby, in Idaho.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #133525 on: July 05, 2014, 01:01:46 am »

Oh, you lucky, you. There's some places in Idaho I wish I could live, if it wasn't for the politics. But Coeur d'Alene is right up there.
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
« Reply #133526 on: July 05, 2014, 01:09:14 am »

Happy birthday Tirun!

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #133527 on: July 05, 2014, 01:12:16 am »

Ah, Americahundred, Rise of Freedom Pie 300 rise of an empire is a fun movie. 
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #133528 on: July 05, 2014, 01:21:32 am »

Happy birthday Tiruin!

My happiness is due to finally getting pens that actually work more than 50% of the time. Which until now, I couldn't really be bothered doing since the replaced pens still did work that other 50% of the time.
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #133529 on: July 05, 2014, 01:34:14 am »

I've been personally invited to (maybe) play a gig with some jazz musicians next month.  For money!  I'm excited but also incredibly nervous.
Pages: 1 ... 8900 8901 [8902] 8903 8904 ... 13325