Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 884 885 [886] 887 888 ... 13325

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15791864 times)

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you HAPPY today thread. Mew! :3
« Reply #13275 on: July 15, 2010, 11:16:59 am »

Seriously, there's no arguing about this.  There's a very specific, if not very intuitive, way to get the super secret good ending.  The game's been around since 2004, I thought this was common knowledge by now.

And as long as you don't know what's ahead of you, let me tell you.  Anal rape, that's what's waiting for you in the super secret good ending.  Endless anal rape of the like rarely seen outside of bad romhacks.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

Taco Dan

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of aborted projects
    • View Profile
    • Shattered Monkey Gaming
« Reply #13276 on: July 15, 2010, 11:17:29 am »

Making a giant 1x1 scale mural of my pixel art avatar.
I've been working on it for hours and I've got an arm and a leg done.
The entire image is 127x67 pixels, and I'm so glad I'm doing it horizontally and not vertically.

Also I figured out the problem with my internets and fixed them, hence Minecraft.
I think I would remember if I had amnesia.
I'd like to remind everyone that half of the time I don't even know what I'm talking about. The other half of the time I only sort of know what I'm talking about.

HideousBeing

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13277 on: July 15, 2010, 11:57:05 am »

Seriously, there's no arguing about this.  There's a very specific, if not very intuitive, way to get the super secret good ending.  The game's been around since 2004, I thought this was common knowledge by now.

And as long as you don't know what's ahead of you, let me tell you.  Anal rape, that's what's waiting for you in the super secret good ending.  Endless anal rape of the like rarely seen outside of bad romhacks.

I got through the whole game without any trouble... but this...

DEAR LORD!

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13278 on: July 15, 2010, 12:08:01 pm »

Actually, when you see Kazuma Sakomoto in Egg 00's chamber, just tell him you want to escape with him. That's how you get the TURBO SUPER SECRET EVEN BETTER ENDING.

Speaking of Cave Story, I'm totally going to be finishing up my Livestream Playthrough Friday Night. I'm about midway through the Plantation right now, and just cured Curly's amnesia. Final Boss Run; it's gonna be crazy-awesome.

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #13279 on: July 15, 2010, 12:15:52 pm »

Actually, when you see Kazuma Sakomoto in Egg 00's chamber, just tell him you want to escape with him. That's how you get the TURBO SUPER SECRET EVEN BETTER ENDING.
Sure... if you mean TURBO SUPER OBVIOUS EVEN SADDER ENDING.
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

Retro

• Bay Watcher
  • o7
    • View Profile
« Reply #13280 on: July 15, 2010, 12:38:00 pm »

There's a very specific, if not very intuitive, way to get the super secret good ending.

'Not very' intuitive? Holy understatements, Batman!

Some of the things involved in getting the best ending are ignoring a dying old man by making a very, very tricky jump, finding a random sparkly thing after a boss battle, making a ridiculous jump from high-speed waterways into a cabin, all sorts of stuff in there (seriously it took me like the third time getting her in the cabin to actually do the process right), and then wrangling a killer mushroom... in that order! Some of it can be seen as decently intuitive, but the ditching the old man? Making that jump takes a lot of tries to get right! Aaaargh. Fortunately everyone knows about how to do it at this point, so I suppose intuition doesn't matter any more.

Speaking of Cave Story, I'm totally going to be finishing up my Livestream Playthrough Friday Night. I'm about midway through the Plantation right now, and just cured Curly's amnesia. Final Boss Run; it's gonna be crazy-awesome.

Intriguing. You're gonna run Hell after I imagine?

Diablous

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:avatar's cuteness]
    • View Profile
« Reply #13281 on: July 15, 2010, 12:41:29 pm »

finding a random sparkly thing after a boss battle,

I thought you had to get it before the battle?
Quote from: Solifuge
A catgirl, whom oft it would please
To dine on a pizza, with cheese,
Thought it was quite fine
To be partly feline,
Excepting the hairballs and fleas.

Retro

• Bay Watcher
  • o7
    • View Profile
« Reply #13282 on: July 15, 2010, 12:45:38 pm »

Do you? I hardly remember any more. You're probably right, in which case it's even more unintuitive because you have to walk past the broken robot corpse where Curly's standing.

Diablous

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:avatar's cuteness]
    • View Profile
« Reply #13283 on: July 15, 2010, 12:47:34 pm »

Do you?

Just checked a guide, it says it will be gone if you wait until after the battle.
Quote from: Solifuge
A catgirl, whom oft it would please
To dine on a pizza, with cheese,
Thought it was quite fine
To be partly feline,
Excepting the hairballs and fleas.

Taco Dan

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of aborted projects
    • View Profile
    • Shattered Monkey Gaming
« Reply #13284 on: July 15, 2010, 01:04:58 pm »

but the ditching the old man? Making that jump takes a lot of tries to get right!
Really? I did it my first try.
The Waterway jump is pretty hard though, and I still can't get through the hard cave.

Do you?

Just checked a guide, it says it will be gone if you wait until after the battle.
Not true, it's there if you can get it right after the boss while you're drowning, once you run out of air, it's gone.
I think I would remember if I had amnesia.
I'd like to remind everyone that half of the time I don't even know what I'm talking about. The other half of the time I only sort of know what I'm talking about.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #13285 on: July 15, 2010, 02:50:41 pm »

I can beat easy Cave Story.

Anal raep Cave Story not so much.

Schilcote

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13286 on: July 15, 2010, 03:02:36 pm »

Yay, I won!

Is there a reason Curly doesn't appear in any of the animations at the credits that showed what happened after the island fell? It might just be that they didn't want to create an animation that they would have to leave out most of the time and mess up the timing but...
WHY DID YOU HAVE ME KICK THEM WTF I DID NOT WANT TO BE SHOT AT.
I dunno, you guys have survived Thomas the tank engine, golems, zombies, nuclear explosions, laser whales, and being on the same team as ragnarock.  I don't think something as tame as a world ending rain of lava will even slow you guys down.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #13287 on: July 15, 2010, 03:03:21 pm »

The trick to the jump over the old guy is to jump at the red line.
Shoes...

Dakk

• Bay Watcher
  • BLARAGLGLGL!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13288 on: July 15, 2010, 03:03:54 pm »

Been a year now, never beat balos's 2nd form.

Was shopping for random stuff today, and on the TV it said Argentina has completely legalized gay marriage. Seeing the counter guy getting pissed and turning the tv off for seeing it made my day.
Code: [Select]
    ︠     ︡
 ノ          ﺍ
ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)  ┻━┻

Table flipping, singed style.

Retro

• Bay Watcher
  • o7
    • View Profile
« Reply #13289 on: July 15, 2010, 03:16:10 pm »

Woo. Just beat Golden Sun twice for kicks - took my incredibly overpowered party and beat the sequential final bosses once with weak classes, no summons or djinni, and no psynergy, just good old fashioned healing and cherry-tapping with regular attacks. Was fun. Then I went back to my regular playstyle with optimized classes and won both in a few turns.

Now! To enter my six page password into The Lost Age (over the next hour, I bet... stupid long password), copy my leet stats over, and get the second game up and running!
Pages: 1 ... 884 885 [886] 887 888 ... 13325