Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8789 8790 [8791] 8792 8793 ... 13325

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15770898 times)

Worldmaster27

• Bay Watcher
  • Doop
    • View Profile
Re: [ []o ] Toilet? Toileeeeettt (Happy thread?!?!)
« Reply #131850 on: June 17, 2014, 03:04:25 pm »

Infantry reporting!
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
That's sweet 8) Are you going to try and use it for your avatar?

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #131851 on: June 17, 2014, 03:07:42 pm »

I prefer his current one.

AquAssault!
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #131852 on: June 17, 2014, 03:09:46 pm »

AquAssault! is pretty awesome.

Infantry reporting!
That's sweet 8) Are you going to try and use it for your avatar?
If I could edit it so it didn't have all that invisible space around it, and then make it a little bigger, yeah maybe. :3

Those are all the light infantry quotes in Tiberian Sun. :D

Mr. Strange

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #131853 on: June 17, 2014, 03:32:02 pm »

At least it's NOD infantry...
Peace Through Power!
Then you get cities like Paris where you should basically just kill yourself already.

You won’t have to think anymore: it’ll be just like having fun!

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #131854 on: June 17, 2014, 03:35:53 pm »

At least it's NOD infantry...
Peace Through Power!
Notice the purple shadow. That's just the default color of the beta sprite.

Just to prove it, that's a jump troopah^^, which is a GDI unit, yet it's red. :3

Mr. Strange

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #131855 on: June 17, 2014, 04:07:14 pm »

Notice the purple shadow. That's just the default color of the beta sprite.

Just to prove it, that's a jump troopah^^, which is a GDI unit, yet it's red. :3
Suggesting NOD didn't capture GDI barracks and train their own jump troopers to fake GDI forces "accidentally" causing civilian casualties...

Then you get cities like Paris where you should basically just kill yourself already.

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #131856 on: June 17, 2014, 04:13:02 pm »

I felt like getting back into C&C so bad once I learned that Nod and GDI were suppose to be partial parodies of GI Joe, but I think I might have lost my copy of tiberium sun
It's FEF, not FEOF

Lightningfalcon

• Bay Watcher
  • Target locked. Firing main cannon.
    • View Profile
« Reply #131857 on: June 17, 2014, 04:25:51 pm »

Is it bad that I can remember exactly how the light infantry say each of those quotes? 
Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum circo vincendarum
W-we just... wanted our...
Actually most of the people here explicitly wanted chaos and tragedy. So. Uh.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #131858 on: June 17, 2014, 04:42:24 pm »

Is that a blooper or does Kane actually dance like that in-game?
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Karkov

• Bay Watcher
  • There's been a distinct lack of Praisin' recently.
    • View Profile
« Reply #131859 on: June 17, 2014, 04:54:32 pm »

Is it bad that I can remember exactly how the light infantry say each of those quotes?

Nah, I still remember most of the Warcraft 3 units quotes and how they say them.  Of course I spent about Way-Too-Many hours on that game, so I'm pretty sure those are ingrained in my head.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #131860 on: June 17, 2014, 05:32:05 pm »

Hey, Bay12, I'm gonna try and get the list written out tonight, so what kind of arguments do you think need specific statistics? They don't just have to be logically valid ones, so stuff like Ad Hominem is going in the list, but basically what modes of "how to make a point" would you a) expect to be important and b) should feel different enough from other arguments that they merit their own rules. In general we've got Logical, Emotional, and Cosmetic arguments, where the former's about clearly proving a logical claim, the middle's about strongly establishing the validity of feelings, and the latter's about creatively manipulating opinions.

I ask because we do the whole arguing thing a lot so this is probably fertile ground for this sort of question
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

Imperial Guardsman

• Bay Watcher
  • [FANATICISM INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #131861 on: June 17, 2014, 05:39:17 pm »

Mr. Strange

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #131862 on: June 17, 2014, 05:40:27 pm »

Hey, Bay12, I'm gonna try and get the list written out tonight, so what kind of arguments do you think need specific statistics? They don't just have to be logically valid ones, so stuff like Ad Hominem is going in the list, but basically what modes of "how to make a point" would you a) expect to be important and b) should feel different enough from other arguments that they merit their own rules. In general we've got Logical, Emotional, and Cosmetic arguments, where the former's about clearly proving a logical claim, the middle's about strongly establishing the validity of feelings, and the latter's about creatively manipulating opinions.

I ask because we do the whole arguing thing a lot so this is probably fertile ground for this sort of question
Semantic, which is petty attack on specific wording in argument instead of argument itself.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #131863 on: June 17, 2014, 06:01:39 pm »

Oxytocin is one helluva drug.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #131864 on: June 17, 2014, 06:08:56 pm »

Semantic, which is petty attack on specific wording in argument instead of argument itself.
I believe the list should focus rather on how to argue correctly. Bad arguments often go in lacking detail or context. Or the why's or how's the details in the argument go. :-\
Pages: 1 ... 8789 8790 [8791] 8792 8793 ... 13325