Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 868 869 [870] 871 872 ... 13325

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15781995 times)

cowofdoom78963

• Bay Watcher
  • check
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you HAPPY today thread. Mew! :3
« Reply #13035 on: July 11, 2010, 03:41:21 pm »

Another pokemon with some odd implications: Alakazam has an IQ of 5000, never forgets anything, and gets smarted the older it is. Why is this thing not the dominant species? That IQ isn't even possible!
None are naturally occurring in the wild.

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13036 on: July 11, 2010, 03:41:39 pm »

Because the entire breed from Arba up are a bunch of congenitally lazy bastards.  Which may be why I like them so much.  The mustaches help.

This is an abomination...

It sure is.  I wonder what else it is.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13037 on: July 11, 2010, 05:09:17 pm »

What?  Vector again?  Impossible!

Anyway, I'm here for a little bit, just to say... that I'm here, I guess.  I missed you guys.  There will likely be a rash of lusciously  ridiculous photos to clutter the photoshare at some point.

As far as everything else, I'm doing just fine.  It seems like three months of introspection has finally gotten all the dangly pieces of my mind snugly tucked into place.  No more parental problems, friend problems, mood problems, or ex-boyfriend problems.  As some of you may have ascertained, food is good for you.  If you're having absurd moodswings, consider whether or not you're getting enough to eat.

My general assessment is that I was being a depressed little nutbag because of diminished bodyfat and sleep.  Seriously, dudes... forget about those extremal tests of willpower.  Make sure you eat, and eat a lot.  I've got to say, it's wonderful to be able to skip breakfast without feeling as though I were about to keel over dead.

Everything else is going great.  Princeton seemed quite impressed with my mathematical prowess, so maybe I'll be able to go somewhere fancy for my PhD.  I'm not going to kendo for a bit due to 1. needing to maul my foot with a needle so I could extract a rose thorn, followed by 2. a trip to the East Coast, which will soon be pursued by 3. camping.  Oddly, I'm also just not angry anymore, so I don't have any particular volition to go fight.  I'll see what I think in a bit, I suppose.

I'm also watching Lost (just finished the third season).  That's cheered me up quite a bit, actually... something about adventure stories always gets to me.

As a brief sidenote to those who thought I was going for a white knight response with my farewell: no, I'm not a troll.  I have better things to do than bait you guys.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
« Reply #13038 on: July 11, 2010, 05:13:04 pm »

Oddly, I'm also just not angry anymore, so I don't have any particular volition to go fight.  I'll see what I think in a bit, I suppose.

I wonder if you turned totally pacifist like I did. Which is frustrating sometimes for me since I don't want to play half the games I own because I don't wanna hurt these mindless simulations of people...
Diamonds are combustable, because they are made of Carbon.

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13039 on: July 11, 2010, 05:15:43 pm »

As a brief sidenote to those who thought I was going for a white knight response with my farewell: no, I'm not a troll.  I have better things to do than bait you guys.

Prepare to be whiteknighted into squishy oblivion yourself.  Anyway, hey Vector's back, awesome.  Given all that stress you talked about and your parents and stuff, it was a little ominous when you just stopped showing up one day.
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #13040 on: July 11, 2010, 05:18:31 pm »

HI VECTOR
I'm at Season 4 in LOST so I'm close to where you are.

I think you totally took the philosophy I did, it's just so much more relaxing.  My stress is no where to be seen and work can still be done just like before.  Just total cool.

Diablous

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:avatar's cuteness]
    • View Profile
« Reply #13041 on: July 11, 2010, 05:19:45 pm »

Welcome back, Vector.
Quote from: Solifuge
A catgirl, whom oft it would please
To dine on a pizza, with cheese,
Thought it was quite fine
To be partly feline,
Excepting the hairballs and fleas.

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #13042 on: July 11, 2010, 05:23:04 pm »

Welcome back dude. And yeah, sudden disappearances are worrying. Good to hear you are doing alright and are getting enough to eat. Also, East Coast trip. Welcome to my side of the continent when that happens.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #13043 on: July 11, 2010, 05:26:42 pm »

On this half of the continent, we make the rules. 

Cross your arms with me Duke, let's show the new-worlders that we're not to be trifled with.
Shoes...

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13044 on: July 11, 2010, 05:29:33 pm »

Duke, Cthulhu, and Toony, the resident East Coasters.  Hows that summer workin' out for you guys?

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
« Reply #13045 on: July 11, 2010, 05:30:33 pm »

Keep your east coast. We have uhh...

Heat. Fuck.

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #13046 on: July 11, 2010, 05:32:50 pm »

While you guys may be twenty degrees hotter usually, we have the 110% humidity to deal with.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
« Reply #13047 on: July 11, 2010, 05:34:00 pm »

This is near the coast enough.

I get BOTH here.

Euld

• Bay Watcher
  • There's coffee in that nebula ಠ_ರೃ
    • View Profile
« Reply #13048 on: July 11, 2010, 05:35:53 pm »

Wait, was his last name the same as well? Because I'm sure there are plenty of people with your friends first name.
Nah, different last name, but pronounced the same.  Same first name.  My friend has the normal "Luke" for a last name, not that creepy Lueke thing.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #13049 on: July 11, 2010, 05:38:18 pm »

Duke, Cthulhu, and Toony, the resident East Coasters.  Hows that summer workin' out for you guys?
It's like the West Coast but we came first.
Pages: 1 ... 868 869 [870] 871 872 ... 13325