Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 864 865 [866] 867 868 ... 13325

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15780193 times)

Josephus

• Bay Watcher
  • The Immortal Historian
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you HAPPY today thread. Mew! :3
« Reply #12975 on: July 10, 2010, 10:48:50 pm »

What? Since whaen did the pokemon games have any darkness at all?

As soon as you start paying attention.

They put God in a jar and tried to use it to remake the universe. That's not dark, though. That's grandiose.

Also the new generation of Pokemon games, I do not play.
Solar Rangers: Suggestion Game in SPAAAAACE
RPG Interest Check Thread
i had the elves bring me two tigermen, although i forgot to let them out of the cage and they died : ( i was sad : (

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12976 on: July 10, 2010, 10:55:10 pm »

Finally getting around to Beating Cave Story on Hard, in 45 minutes, and currently streaming it live.

Mostly because I need incentive, and enjoy showing off though.

Josephus

• Bay Watcher
  • The Immortal Historian
    • View Profile
« Reply #12977 on: July 10, 2010, 11:00:15 pm »

I can't fucking beat Sacred Ground. Seriously, I've gotten as far as the first boss, then promptly exploded.
Solar Rangers: Suggestion Game in SPAAAAACE
RPG Interest Check Thread
i had the elves bring me two tigermen, although i forgot to let them out of the cage and they died : ( i was sad : (

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #12978 on: July 10, 2010, 11:00:30 pm »

Finally getting around to Beating Cave Story on Hard, in 45 minutes, and currently streaming it live.

Mostly because I need incentive, and enjoy showing off though.
I would be watching this if FMA:B wasn't going to be on.

Retro

• Bay Watcher
  • o7
    • View Profile
« Reply #12979 on: July 10, 2010, 11:06:28 pm »

I can't fucking beat Sacred Ground. Seriously, I've gotten as far as the first boss, then promptly exploded.

It is doable! But it's like, 99% memory mapping your way through the whole dungeon. Not really fun so much as repetition. You DO feel fucking awesome when you finish, though.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #12980 on: July 10, 2010, 11:09:24 pm »

It is doable! But it's like, 99% memory mapping your way through the whole dungeon. Not really fun so much as repetition. You DO feel fucking awesome when you finish, though.
It also helps to have as much heath as possible (and the life jar)
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #12981 on: July 10, 2010, 11:11:36 pm »

Janet showed me this. Good thing to have when you can't think of any songs to play.

Also, Sacred Grounds first time beating it was done without a life jar. Because I'm forgettable and badass.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

zchris13

• Bay Watcher
  • YOU SPIN ME RIGHT ROUND~
    • View Profile
« Reply #12982 on: July 10, 2010, 11:15:12 pm »

Cthulhu do you like Adventure Time?  I'm curious.
You know what? I like that show.  It's just great.  It is seriously better than the rest of their programming.
Rightous. Or however you spell that word.
this sigtext was furiously out-of-date and has been jettisoned

Schilcote

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12983 on: July 10, 2010, 11:18:56 pm »

There is a bit of darkness happening (the villain groups experimenting on pokemon, things trying to destroy the world, etc.) but the focus is too much on the kid that's trashing their plans for it to really be "dark". Sure, there's evil, but it's totally incompetent.

Well, read the TvTropes entry. More specifically, http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/NightmareFuel/Ptitlei015gc004kw4?from=NightmareFuel.Pokemon .

Also, ever wondered what a MissingNo looks like? I know they don't technically exist in-cannon, but still. That's what you're going to be fighting if we get to a Pokemon area in Netland.

EDIT:

Also, a majority of Pokemon belong in Foundation custody. That alone should be enough, really.

Righteous. Or however you spell that word.

lrn2firefox
« Last Edit: July 10, 2010, 11:21:08 pm by Schilcote »
WHY DID YOU HAVE ME KICK THEM WTF I DID NOT WANT TO BE SHOT AT.
I dunno, you guys have survived Thomas the tank engine, golems, zombies, nuclear explosions, laser whales, and being on the same team as ragnarock.  I don't think something as tame as a world ending rain of lava will even slow you guys down.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #12984 on: July 10, 2010, 11:21:12 pm »

Janet showed me this. Good thing to have when you can't think of any songs to play.
Indeed. Thanks, Janet.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

zchris13

• Bay Watcher
  • YOU SPIN ME RIGHT ROUND~
    • View Profile
« Reply #12985 on: July 10, 2010, 11:23:13 pm »

Hey sucka I'm posting using my Wii and a keyboard.  Hey I should try that I'll go get some wipes to clean up afterwards.  (please don't ban me)
this sigtext was furiously out-of-date and has been jettisoned

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #12986 on: July 10, 2010, 11:25:25 pm »

Also, ever wondered what a MissingNo looks like? I know they don't technically exist in-cannon, but still. That's what you're going to be fighting if we get to a Pokemon area in Netland.
...Must...abuse...infinite item glitch...

Also, a majority of Pokemon belong in Foundation custody. That alone should be enough, really.
You do have a point there... the biosphere of the pokemon world should be destroyed by the apocalyptic powers the big ones have, and the small ones come in huge swarms.

Edit: also, Darkrai. Thet thing should not exist outside of... warhammer 40k or something. Have you read the book about it in the library(port town, can't remember the name) in diamond/pearl?
« Last Edit: July 10, 2010, 11:27:54 pm by dragnar »
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #12987 on: July 10, 2010, 11:38:16 pm »

Theres a yang pokemon to balance out Darkrai's yin, or something. Cresselia, pokemon of the opposite moon phase.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext

Lord Dakoth

• Bay Watcher
  • That's a hammerin'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12988 on: July 10, 2010, 11:59:18 pm »

OH. MY. GOD.
I FOUND JACK.
Avatar by legendary engraver /u/Redicno of reddit.

ein

• Bay Watcher
  • 勝利の女神はここよ~ 早く捕まえてぇ~
    • View Profile
« Reply #12989 on: July 11, 2010, 12:01:57 am »

Missingno looks like the matrix, a fossil, or a weird ghost.
I think the fanon appearance should be some combination of the matrix-looking text, similar to the unowns.
Pages: 1 ... 864 865 [866] 867 868 ... 13325