Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8477 8478 [8479] 8480 8481 ... 13325

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15750631 times)

AlleeCat

• Bay Watcher
  • Black, the beast, descends from shadows...
    • View Profile
Re: [wot m8?] avin a giggle m8? (Happy thread?!)
« Reply #127170 on: April 21, 2014, 07:12:57 pm »

You go under it, there's a stairway under the bridge. Go there and kick the ladder down to the bonfire below. You can completely ignore the Hellkite Drake that way, or come back for him later on. Though if you wanna get to the warrior of sunlight covenant you want to reach the bonfire past him.
Well, that makes it seem considerably more easy. Imagine, I tried to kill the thing  :-\
Thanks for the help.
The Hellkite drake is probably the hardest enemy in the game. Get it to half health and it'll start regenerating. It's... scary.
I think that's just because FromSoft realized that people could just sit underneath the bridge and shoot arrows at it until it died.

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
« Reply #127171 on: April 21, 2014, 07:33:24 pm »

You can still shoot it's tail off. But using the drake sword for any length of time is kinda max scrub mode.
Diamonds are combustable, because they are made of Carbon.

RedWarrior0

• Bay Watcher
  • she/her
    • View Profile
« Reply #127172 on: April 21, 2014, 07:42:37 pm »

You go under it, there's a stairway under the bridge. Go there and kick the ladder down to the bonfire below. You can completely ignore the Hellkite Drake that way, or come back for him later on. Though if you wanna get to the warrior of sunlight covenant you want to reach the bonfire past him.
Well, that makes it seem considerably more easy. Imagine, I tried to kill the thing  :-\
Thanks for the help.
The Hellkite drake is probably the hardest enemy in the game. Get it to half health and it'll start regenerating. It's... scary.
Artorias the Abysswalker would like to refute that claim.
Artorias wasn't THAT bad. You are expected to be able to beat him. Hellkite Drake is meant to be an obstacle, not an enemy. Artorias has combos, a moveset that you can learn and dodge. Hellkite Drake, should you choose to attack it, fights you in a very confined area and hits harder than Artorias.

In related news, the Ancient Dragon in DS2 is definitely the hardest enemy. Well, aside from [SPOILER ALERT!] when you don't have [SPOILER ALERT!], but that's basically calling the Dragon Covenant leader the hardest DS1 enemy simply by virtue of being unkillable.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2014, 07:45:21 pm by RedWarrior0 »

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
« Reply #127173 on: April 21, 2014, 07:48:15 pm »

Okay, I know the subject is sliding towards Dark souls 2 now, but would you guys mind waiting to discuss anything very specific (like stuff not in previews) about Dark souls II for a bit?

It's got 4 days till the PC release still, and I don't exactly wanna go into it with a lot of foreknowledge.
Diamonds are combustable, because they are made of Carbon.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #127174 on: April 21, 2014, 08:04:26 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Or invisible text.

Mictlantecuhtli

• Bay Watcher
  • Grinning God of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #127175 on: April 21, 2014, 09:38:29 pm »

It's got 4 days till the PC release still, and I don't exactly wanna go into it with a lot of foreknowledge.

Emphasis mine, if I read any of the previous posts and ruin my experience I shall hunt whoever didn't spoiler it. I'm avoiding the DS2 topic specifically until that point, I don't need the spoilers spilling into the other topics >>

Speaking of, am I the only one who actually reads the pages I missed in these topics..?
« Last Edit: April 21, 2014, 09:40:30 pm by Mictlantecuhtli »
I am surrounded by flesh and bone, I am a temple of living. Maybe I'll maybe my life away.

Santorum leaves a bad taste in my mouth,
Card-carrying Liberaltarian

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #127176 on: April 21, 2014, 09:40:29 pm »

Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #127177 on: April 21, 2014, 09:41:17 pm »

Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Mictlantecuhtli

• Bay Watcher
  • Grinning God of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #127178 on: April 21, 2014, 09:41:25 pm »

[EXPUNGED]
I am surrounded by flesh and bone, I am a temple of living. Maybe I'll maybe my life away.

Santorum leaves a bad taste in my mouth,
Card-carrying Liberaltarian

Knit tie

• Bay Watcher
  • Consider avatar too slim until end of diet.
    • View Profile
« Reply #127179 on: April 21, 2014, 09:59:57 pm »

Spoiler: In DS2 (click to show/hide)

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #127180 on: April 21, 2014, 11:12:06 pm »

Aaaaahhh! The Bronx are coming to Australia!
And they're playing at my favourite venue!

This is pretty much the happiest news to wake up to. I've missed them for various reasons when they've played here in the past. They're actually playing at the same place two nights in a row, as well. A big international band doing that is really some great validation for the venue.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #127181 on: April 21, 2014, 11:14:23 pm »

Emphasis mine, if I read any of the previous posts and ruin my experience I shall hunt whoever didn't spoiler it. I'm avoiding the DS2 topic specifically until that point, I don't need the spoilers spilling into the other topics >>

Speaking of, am I the only one who actually reads the pages I missed in these topics..?
I do as well.

Spoiler: Dark Souls 2 (click to show/hide)

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #127182 on: April 21, 2014, 11:57:10 pm »

On one hand, I hate the American public school system, but on the other hand, I kind of worry about the social aspect of being homeschooled. I guess it doesn't really matter if you live in a really social neighborhood with a lot of kids. But I wouldn't know what that's like, seeing as how the only kids in my neighborhood growing up only lived there half the year because their parents were divorced and each had custody every other week.
I say all this because I want to have kids some day, but I don't want them to go through the same hell I went through with public schooling.

Homeschool and sign them up for at least one sport club, one outdoor/social group (Scouts comes to mind, although apparently American scouts are wussy?), and avail yourself of all the companies that offer cut-price service to homeschoolers. I used to ice skate once a month for free. Consider two years in a school at high school level, because while it can be a sucky experience you have to know how to deal with people, especially the variety of nasties you find at schools (schools should also be protected enough that nothing can go terribly wrong). The last sentence depends entirely on how badly the American system sucks.

I do as well.
Same.

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

NobodyPro

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #127183 on: April 22, 2014, 12:22:27 am »

kaenneth

• Bay Watcher
  • Catching fish
    • View Profile
    • Terrible Web Site
Quote from: Karnewarrior
Jeeze. Any time I want to be sigged I may as well just post in this thread.
Quote from: Darvi
That is an application of trigonometry that never occurred to me.
Quote from: PTTG??
I'm getting cake.
Don't tell anyone that you can see their shadows. If they hear you telling anyone, if you let them know that you know of them, they will get you.
Pages: 1 ... 8477 8478 [8479] 8480 8481 ... 13325