Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8400 8401 [8402] 8403 8404 ... 13325

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15773969 times)

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
Re: [wot m8?] avin a giggle m8? (Happy thread?!)
« Reply #126015 on: April 05, 2014, 02:14:14 pm »

So, I was reading The Fires of Heaven, a Wheel of Time book. To sum up what's going on, there's a woman walking in an alley, and there's these two soldiers guarding her with their swords out. She thinks to herself:

Why must men always think you can solve anything with violence? If she'd had a stout stick, she'd beat them about the shoulders until they saw reason.

Aaah, irony.
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #126016 on: April 05, 2014, 02:24:30 pm »

Ah, Wheel of Time.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #126017 on: April 05, 2014, 02:40:30 pm »

I can't remember if I didn't like the female characters in that book series, or I just found all the characters very similar to each other.

Its been at least 5 years since I read them.  I was fortunate in that I stopped reading right before it got to the 2-3 books where nothing happens.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #126018 on: April 05, 2014, 02:46:08 pm »

I can't remember if I didn't like the female characters in that book series, or I just found all the characters very similar to each other.

Its been at least 5 years since I read them.  I was fortunate in that I stopped reading right before it got to the 2-3 books where nothing happens.

My only real beef there is that all the female characters hate the stereotypical masculine disposition, and the male characters feel the same way about the women. However, there are a lot more chapters written from the viewpoints of the women, making you feel like James Oliver Rigney, Jr., was extremely sexist.

At least it feels that way as far as I've gotten, which is 3/4 of the way through the fifth of 13 books.
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #126019 on: April 05, 2014, 02:52:49 pm »

Had some time to kill, so I stopped by a local gathering of the Society for Creative Anachronism. Pretty cool. Apparently there's a war in a couple months. I may just have to check that out.

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #126020 on: April 05, 2014, 03:20:31 pm »

What kind of a war?
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #126021 on: April 05, 2014, 03:23:38 pm »

Hundreds of heavily armed and armoured men and women on hundreds of heavily armed and armoured men and women. They fight for about five days straight, according to the guy I talked to.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #126022 on: April 05, 2014, 03:26:58 pm »

SCA is pretty awesome like that. I've always wanted to join, but the majority of my training is eastern, not western.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #126023 on: April 05, 2014, 03:33:38 pm »

Man, I wonder if there are any SCA groups near me.

Edit: Thanks for the link, but I'd found it myself. Turns out there's a group about half an hour away, and they're having a meeting tomorrow. Huh.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2014, 03:43:56 pm by kisame12794 »
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #126024 on: April 05, 2014, 03:36:14 pm »

« Last Edit: April 05, 2014, 04:54:51 pm by My Name is Immaterial »

Vorthon

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 50% more pointless rambling!
    • View Profile
« Reply #126025 on: April 05, 2014, 04:38:58 pm »

Getting back into DF after over a year of not playing it. Currently modding in gnolls because why the fuck not. Saw a way to avoid a problem that kept recurring for furred humanoids in older mods of mine. This is happies indeed.

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #126026 on: April 05, 2014, 05:04:31 pm »

SCA is pretty awesome like that. I've always wanted to join, but the majority of my training is eastern, not western.
You know, they do eastern to. If Europeans encountered it between 600 and 1600, it's fair game. So that means there's Greeco-roman, Viking, Samurai, and even some native Americans, according to the guy I talked to.

Mindmaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #126027 on: April 05, 2014, 05:46:22 pm »

Raspberries (。´∀`)ノ

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
« Reply #126028 on: April 05, 2014, 05:48:50 pm »

Strawberries? (•ω•)
Diamonds are combustable, because they are made of Carbon.

Angel Of Death

• Bay Watcher
  • Karl Groucho?
    • View Profile
« Reply #126029 on: April 05, 2014, 05:49:45 pm »

Dingleberries.  :'(
99 percent of internet users add useless, pulled out of arse statistics to their sig. If you are the 1%, please, for the love of Armok, don't put any useless shit like this in your sig.
Hidden signature messages are fun!
Pages: 1 ... 8400 8401 [8402] 8403 8404 ... 13325