Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 832 833 [834] 835 836 ... 13326

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15845234 times)

alway

• Bay Watcher
  • 🏳️‍⚧️
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you HAPPY today thread. Mew! :3
« Reply #12495 on: July 02, 2010, 08:50:30 pm »

Lol, found a human civilization in my game of DF called "The Confederation of Problems."

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12496 on: July 02, 2010, 08:55:43 pm »

Lol, found a human civilization in my game of DF called "The Confederation of Problems."
I can tell why. The name itself is a problem.
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Realmfighter

• Bay Watcher
  • Yeaah?
    • View Profile
« Reply #12497 on: July 02, 2010, 10:28:45 pm »

I just got back from selling drinks at a Bomber Game. 24 in a pack, 12 liters in total. In 30 degree temperature. Running up and down stairs. Ugg.

On the good side, i was 40 dollars over my till. What i sold cost 190, and i had 230 dollars in total. That was cool. Maybe my i'm subconsciously stealing?
We may not be as brave as Gryffindor, as willing to get our hands dirty as Hufflepuff, or as devious as Slytherin, but there is nothing, nothing more dangerous than a little too much knowledge and a conscience that is open to debate

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12498 on: July 02, 2010, 10:41:52 pm »

If that's stealing, I call you a pretty poor thief.  $40 for, what, about five hours work?  Running up and down bleachers for customers in freezing cold?
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

Realmfighter

• Bay Watcher
  • Yeaah?
    • View Profile
« Reply #12499 on: July 02, 2010, 10:53:54 pm »

30 plus.

I wish it was freezing cold.
We may not be as brave as Gryffindor, as willing to get our hands dirty as Hufflepuff, or as devious as Slytherin, but there is nothing, nothing more dangerous than a little too much knowledge and a conscience that is open to debate

Euld

• Bay Watcher
  • There's coffee in that nebula ಠ_ರೃ
    • View Profile
« Reply #12500 on: July 02, 2010, 11:05:55 pm »

Celsius, right?  ???

Also, been reading some Lovecraft short stories and thoroughly enjoying them.  Despite being a bit terrifying, they're strangely... fulfilling o_O

Realmfighter

• Bay Watcher
  • Yeaah?
    • View Profile
« Reply #12501 on: July 02, 2010, 11:11:23 pm »

Yes, Celsius.

You crazy Americans.

sonerohi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12502 on: July 02, 2010, 11:13:10 pm »

You crazy rest of the world. Fahrenheit is the shit.
I picked up the stone and carved my name into the wind.

Realmfighter

• Bay Watcher
  • Yeaah?
    • View Profile
« Reply #12503 on: July 02, 2010, 11:14:35 pm »

Pfft.

With Celsius, you know that 30 plus is to hot, 30 negative is to cold and anything in between is okay.

sonerohi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12504 on: July 02, 2010, 11:15:34 pm »

Fahrenheit is awesome with our 33 degree freezing and weird as fuck number boiling. Screw 0 and 100.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12505 on: July 02, 2010, 11:16:01 pm »

You crazy rest of the world. Fahrenheit is the shit.
QFT.

Anyway, both of them are good in their own ways.
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Realmfighter

• Bay Watcher
  • Yeaah?
    • View Profile
« Reply #12506 on: July 02, 2010, 11:18:08 pm »

So wait, 33 is comparable to our 0, and Aqizzar says 30 is cold?

I've walked home in a T-shirt at -25.

sonerohi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12507 on: July 02, 2010, 11:24:28 pm »

Aqizzar lives in Texas, which is regularly about 90-200 Fahrenheit, I.E. hot. He has no tolerance for the cold.
I live in Illinois, and we actually get seasons besides Fire. I can stand about as low as 0 Fahrenheit before I start whining.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #12508 on: July 02, 2010, 11:26:11 pm »

Also, the size of individual degrees is different, it's not just a simple shift.  0 to 100 for you guys is 0 to 212 for us.

Ours is better on a more practical level.  0 is freezing cold, 50 is chilly, 100 too hot.  65-75 is generally good, depending on how you're feeling.
Shoes...

Realmfighter

• Bay Watcher
  • Yeaah?
    • View Profile
« Reply #12509 on: July 02, 2010, 11:28:10 pm »

I guess people will like the one they've grown up with more.
Pages: 1 ... 832 833 [834] 835 836 ... 13326