Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 825 826 [827] 828 829 ... 13326

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15842982 times)

Taco Dan

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of aborted projects
    • View Profile
    • Shattered Monkey Gaming
Re: Things that made you HAPPY today thread. Mew! :3
« Reply #12390 on: July 01, 2010, 12:32:37 am »

IM HUGE

God I love Freelance Astronauts. My favourite was either the flying tank or when they played I'd Do Anything For Love during the moon-destroying-the-world apocalypse in MM. The Lemmings war ranks pretty high as well.
Aren't they great? I keep trying to watch them broadcast, but I keep missing it.
I think I would remember if I had amnesia.
I'd like to remind everyone that half of the time I don't even know what I'm talking about. The other half of the time I only sort of know what I'm talking about.

Retro

• Bay Watcher
  • o7
    • View Profile
« Reply #12391 on: July 01, 2010, 12:56:58 am »

That would probably be a lot of fun, but my internet's so shitty it'd never stream steadily. I'm better off pre-loading after they upload the videos :\

SolarShado

• Bay Watcher
  • Psi-Blade => Your Back
    • View Profile
Avid (rabid?) Linux user. Preferred flavor: Arch

smigenboger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12393 on: July 01, 2010, 01:26:26 am »

I had a dream where a really cute girl, me, and a crew from high school took off in a space ship to go sightseeing in Russia and South Korea. In SK there was a nice Chinese restaurant.

The plot wasn't the good part, but the visuals/feels. The taking-off of the space ship from a foresty Ohio road, the G-changes from taking off, going straight up, then becoming weightless, the cute girl who was strongly implied I was with, the blackness and purple-ly clouds of space, the Kremlin, the misty forest/fields, the Chinese food, the Korean waiter, it was an amazing experience.

On a side note, I happen to love driving, flying, roller coasters, and other changes in velocity/gravity (and cute people).
While talking to AJ:
In college I studied the teachings of Socrates and Aeropostale

Creaca

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm Back.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12394 on: July 01, 2010, 01:54:36 am »

Just finished season 4 of the Soprano's. How did I miss this show? Needless to say, it's great, and I'm enjoying the crap out of it. Though it did nearly get me to say 'cunt' in offhand conversation with my mother over the phone, that's got me a little worried.

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12395 on: July 01, 2010, 01:57:03 am »

Happy #1) Due to completely inflexible conflicts with my school schedule, I was forced to leave my shitty office job! Now when I sit in front of a computer desk all day, I won't be getting paid! Woot! For the time being, I'm going to be living off weekend work at the Wildlife Rehabilitation Center, my rather fat tax return, and student loans. On the plus side, while buying books for this semester, I chatted up the owner of the bookstore, and we geeked out about programming on Ti-84 Calculators for a bit. Apparently my nerd-fu impressed him such that I got a direct job offer from him for the Fall, if I want it. Good pay too, and it's temporary and school-compatible!

Happy #2) I just finished a bit of a /tg/ Quest binge after reading through Ruby Quest, and a few others over the last few days. I was also rather happy to see that Weaver is still at it, having recently started a new Quest that's something of a spiritual successor: Nan Quest

Happy #3) An idea for a Quest-type dealy has been percolating in my brainpan for a week or so now, and some neat mechanical ideas for unique ways to run the game too. I've got to focus on this semester, since I'm taking 3 Math classes (not my strong suit at all), and since I left a terrible high-paying job and took out hefty loans to do it... but still, the euphoria of being free from having my days slip away as a cog in the Corporate Machine is having a Manic effect on my inspiration. It's tough to ignore... so I've busied myself with filling a notebook with concepts inbetween classes.

When the time comes to start this thing, there is a distinct possibility that it will rock.

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12396 on: July 01, 2010, 02:04:01 am »

Happy #2) I just finished a bit of a /tg/ Quest binge after reading through Ruby Quest, and a few others over the last few days. I was also rather happy to see that Weaver is still at it, having recently started a new Quest that's something of a spiritual successor: Nan Quest

Weaver you bastard, that is not Ruby Quest 2.  Everyone wanted Ruby Quest 2.  Oh well.  Yeah, we all have dreams of doing stuff like that, but when I made a preliminary plan for a "Quest" type thing myself, I realized what a fuckton of work you have to do, even if you're making stuff up, if you want it to be any kind of good or follow-able.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12397 on: July 01, 2010, 02:27:22 am »

Yeah, we all have dreams of doing stuff like that, but when I made a preliminary plan for a "Quest" type thing myself, I realized what a fuckton of work you have to do, even if you're making stuff up, if you want it to be any kind of good or follow-able.

I've got some game-running XPs under my belt, but plenty of notes and cheat-sheets would be vital even in running a Quest, I think. I'm treating it the same way I'd treat a campaign for a tabletop game, complete with a general plan for short and long-term story arcs. Nothing I wouldn't change if players were suggesting something unexpected, but still a general idea of where it's going, and what's happening in the meantime, while players are furiously hugging Tom, and reading notes.

Besides, even though it won't be as awesome as I might hope, I certainly don't want to be addicted to brain-crack.

Acanthus117

• Bay Watcher
  • Angry Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #12398 on: July 01, 2010, 02:30:23 am »

I love RubyQuest so much, and I wished that I had known of it when it was running and all...
Is apparently a Lizardman. ಠ_ಠ
YOU DOUBLE PENIS
"The pessimist is either always right or pleasantly surprised; he cherishes that which is good because he knows it cannot last."

Rilder

• Bay Watcher
  • Rye Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #12399 on: July 01, 2010, 04:45:01 am »

Listening to music at full volume and still able to doze off. :P
Steam Profile
Youtube(Let's Plays), Occasional Streaming
It felt a bit like a movie in which two stoners try to steal a military helicopter

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #12400 on: July 01, 2010, 07:14:32 am »

103d 12h 55m

NEET.
Pssshhhh.

127 days.

And yeah, might be getting a dog within the next few days. A three month old German Shepherd/Elkhound male puppy. Good times ahead.

Also, no sore muscles whatsoever from the time I got hit by that car. And a full nights sleep of like 9 hours.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
  • That guy who used to be here all the time
    • View Profile
« Reply #12401 on: July 01, 2010, 09:03:52 am »

24 days, 9 minutes.

What's 24 backwards? 42!
Thou art I, I art Thou.
The trust you have bestowed upon thy comrade is now reciprocated in turn.
Thou shall be blessed when calling upon personae of the Hangman Arcana.
May this tie bind thee to a brighter future!​
Ikusaba Quest! - Fistfighting space robots for the benefit of your familial bonds to Satan is passe, so you call Sherlock Holmes and ask her to pop by.

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #12402 on: July 01, 2010, 11:04:52 am »

This cracked me up. (See #3)

Makes me wonder about ol' Toady. Does he serve a GCS master?

Taco Dan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12403 on: July 01, 2010, 11:47:10 am »

Quote from: Cracked.com
You live in a world where things that look like a cross between a deep-sea spider and a cobra team up with venomous tentacled sphincters to uppercut poison into all that oppose them.
I'd like to remind everyone that half of the time I don't even know what I'm talking about. The other half of the time I only sort of know what I'm talking about.

Taco Dan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12404 on: July 01, 2010, 11:53:19 am »

24 days, 9 minutes.
Are we talking about time logged in?
I've only got 9 days, I guess I haven't been here long enough.
Pages: 1 ... 825 826 [827] 828 829 ... 13326