Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 813 814 [815] 816 817 ... 13326

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15836907 times)

SolarShado

• Bay Watcher
  • Psi-Blade => Your Back
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you HAPPY today thread. Mew! :3
« Reply #12210 on: June 28, 2010, 11:27:45 pm »

Getting cable internet access at home!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sure, I had to tinker with stuff for a couple hours to set up an old computer as a linux router, and use an old laptop as a wireless access point because I don't currently have any proper hardware (trying to save as much money as possible).

But:

8 Megs!

7 days a week!
Avid (rabid?) Linux user. Preferred flavor: Arch

ein

• Bay Watcher
  • 勝利の女神はここよ~ 早く捕まえてぇ~
    • View Profile
« Reply #12211 on: June 29, 2010, 12:38:29 am »

I am now in Indiana.
Houston is still horrible.

Realmfighter

• Bay Watcher
  • Yeaah?
    • View Profile
« Reply #12212 on: June 29, 2010, 12:40:32 am »

Tomorrow is my Graduation day.

In the morning i'm heading to a ceremony at the school and getting my report card, and in the night i'm going to the grad party.

Fuck yes. Hope i passed though.
We may not be as brave as Gryffindor, as willing to get our hands dirty as Hufflepuff, or as devious as Slytherin, but there is nothing, nothing more dangerous than a little too much knowledge and a conscience that is open to debate

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #12213 on: June 29, 2010, 12:56:27 am »

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #12214 on: June 29, 2010, 01:12:54 am »

Got another year of New Wavehandle done. Lost a dwarf or 2 to circumstances beyond my control (carp and a failed mood; jeweler at least). However, I did manage to get more use out of the barracks as a housing area (a minimum of 50-75 dwarves can live in there). I made a rather pleasant iron boiler to serve as a repeater (not armed yet; still need to run a few tests) for the spike strip of my security grid (with a slight modification to the spike strip by progressively getting worse per-row, 1 at a time (per trap), then 2, then 3 and onward 'til the end). I have all other parts of it established as well (bridge-->wall switches work exactly how I wanted them to; same with doorways), and I also managed to get a couple elites (wrestlers at least); and a crap-ton of turtle-armor. Oh, and my sheriff is also an elite wrestler as well. I'm working on my gun-captains at the moment.

Fortunately, all my useful legends are still intact, and I might actually be able to stave off any invasions easy (also thanks to Kitty-Cams placed in spots where invaders would be likely to appear; behind the walls, of course, but still able to look out). Plus, the iron boiler adds to the scenery. I still need more proper housing before everyone gets pissed off at me, and I still need to establish the dining hall and the sewers. I've been too busy working on the security and trading like mad; along with clear-cutting my claimed land (and that's a crap-ton of trees as well) and thanks to a kobold, I found a security hole, and sealed it; thanks to his help, I spared his life. Speaking of which, I have a better setup regarding industry and trade, and even the prison looks damn snazzy. I figure 5 prisoners will be the maximum I'll be dealing with anyway. Let's not forget, I finally got around to engraving using a lone legendary +1 (fort's looking sweet). Amazingly, despite all my progress, no migrants, no new sources of goblinite. I'll be updating the map tomorrow.

EDIT:
Updated: http://mkv25.net/dfma/map-9045-return-to-wavehandle
« Last Edit: June 29, 2010, 01:49:11 pm by Itnetlolor »

Acanthus117

• Bay Watcher
  • Angry Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #12215 on: June 29, 2010, 01:14:59 am »

My brother vomited in the pool downstairs, due to his inherent stupidity.

He got chewed out so BAAAAD.

Is apparently a Lizardman. ಠ_ಠ
YOU DOUBLE PENIS
"The pessimist is either always right or pleasantly surprised; he cherishes that which is good because he knows it cannot last."

Realmfighter

• Bay Watcher
  • Yeaah?
    • View Profile
« Reply #12216 on: June 29, 2010, 02:11:16 am »

My God, Pokegirls just went from bizarre cross world fanfiction to amazing.

Thankfully, i am unable to tell the difference between bad writing and good writing. Instead of seeing grammar failures, i gleen plot. I would have hated Pokegirls otherwise.
We may not be as brave as Gryffindor, as willing to get our hands dirty as Hufflepuff, or as devious as Slytherin, but there is nothing, nothing more dangerous than a little too much knowledge and a conscience that is open to debate

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #12217 on: June 29, 2010, 02:36:57 am »

My Steam is back! Hooray! And everything seems to be fine! Hooray! And this was like a day earlier than expected! Hooray!
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #12218 on: June 29, 2010, 09:54:52 am »

My Steam is back! Hooray! And everything seems to be fine! Hooray! And this was like a day earlier than expected! Hooray!
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

alway

• Bay Watcher
  • 🏳️‍⚧️
    • View Profile
« Reply #12219 on: June 29, 2010, 10:03:45 am »

The thing in warband is the shield skill makes shields BIGGER. So when you shoot them in the leg/foot you're actually hitting the shield. This kinda makes shooting OVER them usually impossible. Though under works and yeah if their leg or arm goes PAST the shield you can hit them that way too. 1v1s like that CAN be hell for an archer though. Mainly the trick is to FIND them and score enough hits to break their shield before they get too close Though if you have a horse it's much easier.

Actually, that was the case in the first M&B as well. In fact, I think there was a ridiculous bug where your character's shield skill didn't just increase your coverage, it increased the coverage of your entire army.
Speaking as someone who played several hundred hours of the original, the shield coverage was definately smaller. You could shoot pretty much anyone but a rhodock with as high as the knees and still score a hit.

And yeah, getting on a horse in tourney is pretty much an I-win button.

Josephus

• Bay Watcher
  • The Immortal Historian
    • View Profile
« Reply #12220 on: June 29, 2010, 11:16:54 am »

The thing in warband is the shield skill makes shields BIGGER. So when you shoot them in the leg/foot you're actually hitting the shield. This kinda makes shooting OVER them usually impossible. Though under works and yeah if their leg or arm goes PAST the shield you can hit them that way too. 1v1s like that CAN be hell for an archer though. Mainly the trick is to FIND them and score enough hits to break their shield before they get too close Though if you have a horse it's much easier.

Actually, that was the case in the first M&B as well. In fact, I think there was a ridiculous bug where your character's shield skill didn't just increase your coverage, it increased the coverage of your entire army.
Speaking as someone who played several hundred hours of the original, the shield coverage was definately smaller. You could shoot pretty much anyone but a rhodock with as high as the knees and still score a hit.

And yeah, getting on a horse in tourney is pretty much an I-win button.

I swear that the combat AI intentionally does that. Every time I was trying to assault a castle, someone would shoot me in the goddamn foot and I'd slip-n'-slide all the way to the bottom. AAGH.
Solar Rangers: Suggestion Game in SPAAAAACE
RPG Interest Check Thread
i had the elves bring me two tigermen, although i forgot to let them out of the cage and they died : ( i was sad : (

Taco Dan

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of aborted projects
    • View Profile
    • Shattered Monkey Gaming
« Reply #12221 on: June 29, 2010, 11:31:06 am »

I'm sorry, but, don't you have to pay for Mount & Blade?
I played it a long time ago based on an Escapist article and I think I got a trial version or something.
I think I would remember if I had amnesia.
I'd like to remind everyone that half of the time I don't even know what I'm talking about. The other half of the time I only sort of know what I'm talking about.

Josephus

• Bay Watcher
  • The Immortal Historian
    • View Profile
« Reply #12222 on: June 29, 2010, 11:39:56 am »

Yes, the initial download you can get off the TaleWorlds site is the full version of the game, but it's locked to a trial version (you can only get up to level 7, I believe) until you pay and activate.
Solar Rangers: Suggestion Game in SPAAAAACE
RPG Interest Check Thread
i had the elves bring me two tigermen, although i forgot to let them out of the cage and they died : ( i was sad : (

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
« Reply #12223 on: June 29, 2010, 12:06:19 pm »

This is because the shield skill was broken. It did nothing for the enemy's and companions but raising it made EVERYONES shields bigger.
Diamonds are combustable, because they are made of Carbon.

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12224 on: June 29, 2010, 12:09:17 pm »

That was the "shield bug"?  Huh, wish I'd known that.  Oh well.

I just had a kickass turkey and pastrami sandwich for breakfast.  Damn, this was a good sandwich.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.
Pages: 1 ... 813 814 [815] 816 817 ... 13326