Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8138 8139 [8140] 8141 8142 ... 13325

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15767137 times)

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
Re: [ᴕᴥᴕ] Happy thread, destroyer of browsers. (happy thread)
« Reply #122085 on: February 16, 2014, 09:15:11 pm »

I don't know about creatures. From the looks of it, it's planned to be fairly stylized. The concept for the people basically amounts to upside-down, fat exclamation marks.

And I don't know how detailed the cities will be, either. From the GUI concept, it looks like they're more just generic city icons to denote population hubs. That might just be placeholder, and it might well change. Plus the People-concept had them possibly seperating the people into professions, like nuclear-plant workers. So it might be more than just iconized cities, and instead have discrete buildings.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2014, 09:17:25 pm by Descan »
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #122086 on: February 16, 2014, 09:16:31 pm »

I like how "Popular game done right by an indie dev" is becoming more and more a thing. Suddenly I don't feel so bad about the future of the games industry, after all, Banished came about because one guy was disappointed with the new Sim City, and War for the Overworld is going to scratch the DK itch, and... Wait, these are all EA game inspired!

EA: Universal force for creating quality games, just not as directly as you would like.

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

Pnx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #122088 on: February 16, 2014, 09:52:20 pm »

Uncontrollable childish giggling
To be fair they're probably getting hit with quite a lot of G-force in some of those pictures. But yes, it is quite amusing.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #122089 on: February 16, 2014, 09:52:30 pm »

I like how "Popular game done right by an indie dev" is becoming more and more a thing. Suddenly I don't feel so bad about the future of the games industry, after all, Banished came about because one guy was disappointed with the new Sim City, and War for the Overworld is going to scratch the DK itch, and... Wait, these are all EA game inspired!

EA: Universal force for creating quality games, just not as directly as you would like.

To be quite honest, I'm very happy that EA isn't directly making good games. I basically refuse to give them money because they buy companies with good IPs and then ruin them, and the people who came up with them.

Molyneux used to make good games, man...
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #122090 on: February 16, 2014, 09:56:02 pm »

EA may not make good games, but they are the best in the business at making something just as valuable; disappointment. It is that very disappointment that breeds a deep longing for something to just for once not be total crap, and that is how good games are born.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #122091 on: February 16, 2014, 10:01:23 pm »

By the nine! Cmega3 has fallen into one of those movies where the kid wins the thing and gets the girl! Quick, we need to pull him out of there before they start making crappy sequels!

Cmega3, if you can hear me, come towards the dim, mediocre light!

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #122092 on: February 16, 2014, 10:23:07 pm »

I was watching Thor again today, because I really like that movie and also it was one of like four I had when I had my own place, and I had no TV at all. Anyways, SPOILERS

The part where Thor sets Mjolnir on Loki, and goes to try to turn off the Bifrost is very evocative to me of the Lawful Good alignment. When Thor realizes he can't stop the Bifrost, he knows the only way to stop the genocide of the Jotuns is to destroy the Bifrost. You see it in his face. He knows he'll never see Jayne again if he does it. But it's the right thing to do, so he does it. Even when Loki throws this in his face, Thor still doesn't stop, only pausing to tell Jayne that he is sorry, even though she can't hear it, before finishing the Bifrost off.

That and the part where Heimdall breaks out of the ice and murders the shit out of those two Jotuns. That was pretty cool too. :P
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #122093 on: February 16, 2014, 10:26:07 pm »

I just came back home from the trip to MathCounts Central America!
Awesome trip, had lots of fun, ate stuff, met new people, and...
Well...
I won first place!
:D

Also, after the competition a girl and her friends walked up to me and asked me for my phone number :3
You read it here folks: Mathematicians get all the girls.
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #122094 on: February 16, 2014, 10:29:25 pm »

By the nine! Cmega3 has fallen into one of those movies where the kid wins the thing and gets the girl! Quick, we need to pull him out of there before they start making crappy sequels!

Cmega3, if you can hear me, come towards the dim, mediocre light!
Oh no!
I- I'm running for it right now!
Please save me before I succumb to the clichés!
Just tell me that you didn't win by [insert cliché emotion]! If not, it'll be okay. Probably.

=
In all seriousness, that's a fact. Did you know that nerds/geeks make the best partners as they are more willing to fufill their partner's needs?

Continuing the seriousness, good job! How many people were you up against?

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #122095 on: February 16, 2014, 10:43:05 pm »

OMIGOSH THE LEGO MOVIE WAS GREAT!!!

It was surprisingly deep, and probably one of the funnest things I've seen in quite a while. Not to mention all the nostalgia moments from old set cameos

OH GOD I HAVE THE SONG STUCK IN MY HEAD

EVERYTHING IS AWESOME~~~

EVERYTHING IS COOL WHEN YOU'RE PART OF THE TEAM~~~

EVERYTHING IS AWESOME!!! WHEN WE'RE LIVING OUR DREAM~~~
It's FEF, not FEOF

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #122096 on: February 16, 2014, 11:08:13 pm »

So the age old question: What if, instead of Shigeru Miyamoto, Satoru Okada had designed Super Mario Bros? Well the answer is Extra Mario Bros... Holy crap this romHack is amazing.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #122097 on: February 16, 2014, 11:41:14 pm »

I can verify that this is true.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #122098 on: February 17, 2014, 12:11:42 am »

I can verify that this is true.
I can falsify...
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #122099 on: February 17, 2014, 12:30:30 am »

http://theuniversim.com

Pretty sure this looks to be Spore done right.

Here's hopin'.
Cool!
Oh wait I actually like Spore now that I've figured out how to do good creations.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))
Pages: 1 ... 8138 8139 [8140] 8141 8142 ... 13325