Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8131 8132 [8133] 8134 8135 ... 13325

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15775197 times)

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
Re: [ᴕᴥᴕ] Happy thread, destroyer of browsers. (happy thread)
« Reply #121980 on: February 15, 2014, 07:57:30 am »

Personally I don't get the whole body shaving thing either, but then again, I'm blessed with body hair as soft as a kittens. I've never found it to be unattractive in women either, though, neither to look at or to touch.
Love, scriver~

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #121981 on: February 15, 2014, 08:05:10 am »

Eh. I generally go bald on occasion for funsies.

It looks almost fetching.

Spoiler: HAGE (click to show/hide)

You look pretty damn good bald.

I have long-ish hair because short hair looks ridiculous on me.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #121982 on: February 15, 2014, 09:11:10 am »

In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

The Fool

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #121983 on: February 15, 2014, 09:12:01 am »

Sweet Lord of the Holy Roly Polar Bear, Fool, you're adorable.

210 lbs? Jesus Christ, you must hide it in the 8th dimension or something because you look like a stick. An adorable, adorable stick.

wahrgarble

* Descan blue-screens.

Thanks Descan. Most my weight is because of my height and strength. I just find it amusing because I'm going to be a 6'4", kinda muscular woman. :P

Dat interior decorating. What game?

Starbound.

Steam ID: The Fool [B12]
A Flexible Mind (Suggestion Game)

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #121984 on: February 15, 2014, 09:20:55 am »

So a She Hulk :D

Anyways, back from the haircut and the walk, both were happy stuff. The haircut especially, the girl that was cutting my hair was super cute and had this even cuter focused look on her face while she was working, and at the end, when I said she did a good job she flashed the faintest "Fuck yeah" smile :3

Then came the walk which was properly tiring, but I saw an awesome quarry/lake just outside of town that I haven't been to in years, took some pretty nice pictures too, gonna have to sort them out and then post some of them too.

Now it's time to hit the shower and then do some painting, god damn this is a great day so far :D
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Reverie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #121985 on: February 15, 2014, 09:38:17 am »

210 lbs? Jesus Christ, you must hide it in the 8th dimension or something because you look like a stick. An adorable, adorable stick.

wahrgarble

* Descan blue-screens.

Thanks Descan. Most my weight is because of my height and strength. I just find it amusing because I'm going to be a 6'4", kinda muscular woman. :P
Ooh, another trans person! I think we have a large presence on these forums :O

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #121986 on: February 15, 2014, 09:53:58 am »

wahrgarble

* Descan blue-screens.

Not necessarily larger than in an average population, it might be just that people here are rather accepting of trans people and a bit more than usual tightly knit, so people mention it more frequently.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

The Fool

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #121987 on: February 15, 2014, 09:58:21 am »

* The Fool throws a trans-dimensional high-five!

Steam ID: The Fool [B12]
A Flexible Mind (Suggestion Game)

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #121988 on: February 15, 2014, 10:00:32 am »

Flandre, The Fool, AlleeCat...

There's a lot of trans people here.
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #121989 on: February 15, 2014, 10:25:18 am »

I occasionally wonder about myself in that regard, being that I follow several feminine stereotypes.

To answer that, I look deep within. I always come up with "nope, I'm a dude."

Doesn't mean I don't want to look cute and squee all the time though.

Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

Pnx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #121990 on: February 15, 2014, 10:38:50 am »

I don't really care what gender I am. It doesn't feel like an integral part of my being the way it seems to be to most people.

I mean to me, I don't know why people make this big of a deal out of it, on the one hand you've got all these people who are so concerned about it that they go through hormonal therapy and then some really flipping serious surgery in order to change their gender.

Then on the other side you've got people who seriously freak out about people doing this, and say, "No, no, no, you can't do this because of... reasons." and are willing to torment the other group over it a whole hell of a lot.

And I just find myself wondering to both groups, "Why are you making such a big deal out of this?"

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #121991 on: February 15, 2014, 10:42:31 am »

I don't really care what gender I am. It doesn't feel like an integral part of my being the way it seems to be to most people.

I mean to me, I don't know why people make this big of a deal out of it, on the one hand you've got all these people who are so concerned about it that they go through hormonal therapy and then some really flipping serious surgery in order to change their gender.

Then on the other side you've got people who seriously freak out about people doing this, and say, "No, no, no, you can't do this because of... reasons." and are willing to torment the other group over it a whole hell of a lot.

And I just find myself wondering to both groups, "Why are you making such a big deal out of this?"
From what I understand, trans-people have their brains wired to be different from their bodies. Imagine looking in the mirror, or in photos, or into other peoples' perspective of you, and seeing a person that isn't who you really are. A lot of peoples' brains are screaming, "I'm not a boy, I'm a girl!" But, the body is a boy, which is inherently wrong to the brain, and will never feel right until it is changed (and even then still doesn't always feel right.)

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Pnx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #121992 on: February 15, 2014, 10:52:28 am »

Yeah, I get that there's this whole innate compulsion that tells trans people that they're in the wrong body type and such. The thing is... how I can put this?

It's like if your car is painted red and you feel it absolutely has to be painted blue no matter what, and then other people are making a big deal about the sanctity of your colour scheme, and how you can't be a colour swapper...

To me it just feels like an incredibly cosmetic and shallow detail about myself.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #121993 on: February 15, 2014, 11:04:34 am »

Everybody who has ever read Homestuck should now go and watch the latest raocow vid.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #121994 on: February 15, 2014, 11:14:40 am »

Yeah, I get that there's this whole innate compulsion that tells trans people that they're in the wrong body type and such. The thing is... how I can put this?

It's like if your car is painted red and you feel it absolutely has to be painted blue no matter what, and then other people are making a big deal about the sanctity of your colour scheme, and how you can't be a colour swapper...

To me it just feels like an incredibly cosmetic and shallow detail about myself.
(Bear with me, here, I'm going to use stereotypes to make a point.) The difference is that people treat you different if you drive a red vs blue car. If you drive a red car, people expect you to brofist, drink beer, grow chest hair and a beard, enjoy sports, wear pants, pee standing up, and only own one pair of shoes. Furthermore, the red car constantly tries to con you into doing certain things, because the car is full of advertising all the time. You hate this fucking car. The damned thing is a gas guzzler with monster truck tires, a stereo set to full blast that you can't turn down, and a rebel flag painted on the doors. This car doesn't fit you. You're not comfortable in pants, don't want to grow a beard or chest hair, don't like sports or beer, and like shoes. What you'd really like to drive is a nice, blue sedan, with heated seats, regular sized tires, and advertising for stuff you're actually interested in, like that new romantic comedy that just came out instead of BLOODSPLOSION II: THE BLOODENING. You tell a friend about wanting to change cars, and they get extremely upset with you, calling you names and shunning you. You still look at all the blue cars at the lot, though, wishing you could drive one, no matter how many people try to pass laws against you driving a blue car, or how many friends you lose because of it. The feeling's never going to go away.

Your gender is a small detail, right up until it's not. For some people, it is the thorniest issue that they face in their lives, mostly because some people make a huge deal out of it, particularly lawmakers. Expectations and gender roles still run rampant, and until we can demolish the cultural barriers that have been around for hundreds of years, this isn't going to change, and it's not going away anytime soon.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting
Pages: 1 ... 8131 8132 [8133] 8134 8135 ... 13325