Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 812 813 [814] 815 816 ... 13326

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15836455 times)

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you HAPPY today thread. Mew! :3
« Reply #12195 on: June 28, 2010, 09:18:00 pm »

Taco Dan

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of aborted projects
    • View Profile
    • Shattered Monkey Gaming
« Reply #12196 on: June 28, 2010, 09:25:28 pm »

I think I would remember if I had amnesia.
I'd like to remind everyone that half of the time I don't even know what I'm talking about. The other half of the time I only sort of know what I'm talking about.

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
« Reply #12197 on: June 28, 2010, 10:12:09 pm »

I just cheated Ymira to level 30 in M&B, and i forgot to give her actual armor.

I did better. 300K from tournaments within a week and a half in game time. I didn't cheat either. :P
Diamonds are combustable, because they are made of Carbon.

Realmfighter

• Bay Watcher
  • Yeaah?
    • View Profile
« Reply #12198 on: June 28, 2010, 10:15:08 pm »

Tournaments are easy.
We may not be as brave as Gryffindor, as willing to get our hands dirty as Hufflepuff, or as devious as Slytherin, but there is nothing, nothing more dangerous than a little too much knowledge and a conscience that is open to debate

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
« Reply #12199 on: June 28, 2010, 10:17:06 pm »

Yeah but 300k. It's awesome.

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12200 on: June 28, 2010, 10:27:31 pm »

Tournaments are easy.

This is only true if the RNG likes you.  And you have a fair bit of skill in every weapon type.

300K from tournaments within a week and a half in game time. I didn't cheat either. :P

Good trick.  I'm not sure on the math though...
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #12201 on: June 28, 2010, 10:34:09 pm »

I dislike tournaments... They always give me ranged weapons, which I am terrible at. The jousting ones are awesome though.
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

Josephus

• Bay Watcher
  • The Immortal Historian
    • View Profile
« Reply #12202 on: June 28, 2010, 10:39:04 pm »

Stick with the Swadian tournaments; most of their tourney weapons are lances, axes, and longswords, fitting with the usual Swadian weapon set (with the hatchets replacing maces/morningstars)
Solar Rangers: Suggestion Game in SPAAAAACE
RPG Interest Check Thread
i had the elves bring me two tigermen, although i forgot to let them out of the cage and they died : ( i was sad : (

alway

• Bay Watcher
  • 🏳️‍⚧️
    • View Profile
« Reply #12203 on: June 28, 2010, 10:41:15 pm »

Yeah, get stuck with a bow against a guy with a shield in non-mounted combat tourney and you are pretty much screwed.

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
« Reply #12204 on: June 28, 2010, 10:45:14 pm »

Yeah, get stuck with a bow against a guy with a shield in non-mounted combat tourney and you are pretty much screwed.

That was seriously half my matches. You aim AROUND it. And if they have the stupid shield skill just shoot it enough and off it goes. Then again my current character is an archer.

Josephus

• Bay Watcher
  • The Immortal Historian
    • View Profile
« Reply #12205 on: June 28, 2010, 10:46:13 pm »

You could do two things: first, try and shoot him in the back when he's dealing with your compadres, or second, shoot him in the face when he lowers his shield to attack.

Or like Janet says, shoot him in the goddamn foot. It'll take longer, but it's doable.
i had the elves bring me two tigermen, although i forgot to let them out of the cage and they died : ( i was sad : (

alway

• Bay Watcher
  • 🏳️‍⚧️
    • View Profile
« Reply #12206 on: June 28, 2010, 11:05:50 pm »

It isn't a problem so much in 1v1v1v1, since you can mostly just pick them off, but 1v1s are deadly, especially since I play with unit AI set to maximum. Shooting in feet also seems to be more difficult in warband. M&B original you had half their body to shoot, even with the shield up; in warband it seems you can't hit the feet unless they are in a particular part of their stride where it is extended. From what I've seen, they also tend to keep their shield up as long as you have a bow drawn, to the point of waiting you out from 2 feet away. Once you pass the point of aim decreasing, hitting them in the head when they finally do drop shield and swing at you is pretty rare. And if you cancel your shot to get better aim, they just whack you to death before you can re-arm your bow.

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
« Reply #12207 on: June 28, 2010, 11:13:12 pm »

The thing in warband is the shield skill makes shields BIGGER. So when you shoot them in the leg/foot you're actually hitting the shield. This kinda makes shooting OVER them usually impossible. Though under works and yeah if their leg or arm goes PAST the shield you can hit them that way too. 1v1s like that CAN be hell for an archer though. Mainly the trick is to FIND them and score enough hits to break their shield before they get too close Though if you have a horse it's much easier.

Acanthus117

• Bay Watcher
  • Angry Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #12208 on: June 28, 2010, 11:13:59 pm »

Watching a fake DVD of Sherlock Holmes and not a soul getting mad at me is making me happy.

Hey, my dad bought it, not me!
Is apparently a Lizardman. ಠ_ಠ
YOU DOUBLE PENIS
"The pessimist is either always right or pleasantly surprised; he cherishes that which is good because he knows it cannot last."

Josephus

• Bay Watcher
  • The Immortal Historian
    • View Profile
« Reply #12209 on: June 28, 2010, 11:24:44 pm »

The thing in warband is the shield skill makes shields BIGGER. So when you shoot them in the leg/foot you're actually hitting the shield. This kinda makes shooting OVER them usually impossible. Though under works and yeah if their leg or arm goes PAST the shield you can hit them that way too. 1v1s like that CAN be hell for an archer though. Mainly the trick is to FIND them and score enough hits to break their shield before they get too close Though if you have a horse it's much easier.

Actually, that was the case in the first M&B as well. In fact, I think there was a ridiculous bug where your character's shield skill didn't just increase your coverage, it increased the coverage of your entire army.
Pages: 1 ... 812 813 [814] 815 816 ... 13326