Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 804 805 [806] 807 808 ... 13326

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15834629 times)

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you HAPPY today thread. Mew! :3
« Reply #12075 on: June 25, 2010, 07:52:38 am »

While it's a little unsettling to realize that I've been working at my job for two years now, there's nothing particularly bad about that.  What makes me happy is that I got a raise for it.  Always nice to have a few extra bucks you didn't expect.  And finally got the guy I've been working with since I started to be kinda friendly and talkative.  Even if that is a little problematic, since he doesn't speak much English.

Four days a week, I wake up at 11AM, leave for class at noon, get home after 6PM, cram dinner, leave for work at 10PM, get home after 4AM, and go to sleep by dawn.  I love the weekend.

Also, I just read an assload of TVTropes, and I don't feel bad about it because it kept me from doing anything I would have been unhappy about.  That said, I forgot all the responses I was going to type in this thread, so whatever.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
  • That guy who used to be here all the time
    • View Profile
« Reply #12076 on: June 25, 2010, 07:56:49 am »

Thou art I, I art Thou.
The trust you have bestowed upon thy comrade is now reciprocated in turn.
Thou shall be blessed when calling upon personae of the Hangman Arcana.
May this tie bind thee to a brighter future!​
Ikusaba Quest! - Fistfighting space robots for the benefit of your familial bonds to Satan is passe, so you call Sherlock Holmes and ask her to pop by.

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #12077 on: June 25, 2010, 07:57:27 am »

Lots of people with great memories and study skills do excellently in high school, and then start to falter when faced with applying skills and knowledge. This is why so many people who do great in high school can't handle university and visa versa.
Really? I have the opposite problem. I have never had to study. So now that I'm in college and the work is finally challenging... I have no idea how to.
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12078 on: June 25, 2010, 08:12:10 am »

Lots of people with great memories and study skills do excellently in high school, and then start to falter when faced with applying skills and knowledge. This is why so many people who do great in high school can't handle university and visa versa.
Really? I have the opposite problem. I have never had to study. So now that I'm in college and the work is finally challenging... I have no idea how to.

Yeah dude, we know that problem.  We know it so well it's not even funny.  I don't know why I even bother buying textbooks, I am physically incapable of reading them.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

Taco Dan

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of aborted projects
    • View Profile
    • Shattered Monkey Gaming
« Reply #12079 on: June 25, 2010, 08:24:49 am »

I just started a megaproject-ish thing in Minecraft. I'm making an underwater house made of glass.
I know, so very original.

Those are awesome, on almost every public server i was on i tried to build one :D
Ah, but this is in Indev. Where there are no sponges and you have to craft everything.
I think I would remember if I had amnesia.
I'd like to remind everyone that half of the time I don't even know what I'm talking about. The other half of the time I only sort of know what I'm talking about.

Realmfighter

• Bay Watcher
  • Yeaah?
    • View Profile
« Reply #12080 on: June 25, 2010, 10:21:10 am »

Oh my god, Static Shock on homeless people.

I can almost see the anvil.

*Edit* OH DEAR GOD. IT GOT SO MUCH WORSE.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2010, 10:27:00 am by Realmfighter »
We may not be as brave as Gryffindor, as willing to get our hands dirty as Hufflepuff, or as devious as Slytherin, but there is nothing, nothing more dangerous than a little too much knowledge and a conscience that is open to debate

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #12081 on: June 25, 2010, 11:21:10 am »

While it's a little unsettling to realize that I've been working at my job for two years now, there's nothing particularly bad about that.  What makes me happy is that I got a raise for it.  Always nice to have a few extra bucks you didn't expect.  And finally got the guy I've been working with since I started to be kinda friendly and talkative.  Even if that is a little problematic, since he doesn't speak much English.

Four days a week, I wake up at 11AM, leave for class at noon, get home after 6PM, cram dinner, leave for work at 10PM, get home after 4AM, and go to sleep by dawn.  I love the weekend.

Also, I just read an assload of TVTropes, and I don't feel bad about it because it kept me from doing anything I would have been unhappy about.  That said, I forgot all the responses I was going to type in this thread, so whatever.

Why do you think I'm so happy?  I spend most of my days reading TVTropes/doing stuff I found on TVTropes/putting examples on TVTropes.  Also, went to bed at 4:30am(thanks Darker than Black) and woke up at 12:00pm, I sweet time.

EDIT:
Zmobie wants his fertilizerrrr
« Last Edit: June 25, 2010, 12:51:57 pm by ToonyMan »

Grakelin

• Bay Watcher
  • Stay thirsty, my friends
    • View Profile
« Reply #12082 on: June 25, 2010, 01:52:57 pm »

Yeah dude, we know that problem.  We know it so well it's not even funny.  I don't know why I even bother buying textbooks, I am physically incapable of reading them.

My University Library is 10 stories tall, and we're encouraged to use the stairs.

Every book I have ever had to read for a class has been on the far corner of the top floor.

I think they do it on purpose.
I am have extensive knowledge of philosophy and a strong morality
Okay, so, today this girl I know-Lauren, just took a sudden dis-interest in talking to me. Is she just on her period or something?

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #12083 on: June 25, 2010, 02:48:52 pm »

I found the new Futurama to be mediocre at best. While its nice to see fresh stories, they weren't exactly entertaining.
Surprisingly, I felt the same way. I fear the worst. (See last Futurama-based post)

Some of the jokes and plots are starting to feel forced, or smell like they came from an unpleasant source on the spot.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: June 25, 2010, 02:52:19 pm by Itnetlolor »

Grakelin

• Bay Watcher
  • Stay thirsty, my friends
    • View Profile
« Reply #12084 on: June 25, 2010, 03:04:31 pm »

Futurama jumped the shark 11 years ago.
I am have extensive knowledge of philosophy and a strong morality
Okay, so, today this girl I know-Lauren, just took a sudden dis-interest in talking to me. Is she just on her period or something?

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #12085 on: June 25, 2010, 03:19:54 pm »

At around 8:00 in the morning I was told to get up because we are seeing an event in DC. So I prepare and we head off, me noticing that it'll be like 90 degrees today. That will be alright, I'm used to heat. So we get there, find some lucky free parking and reach the event next to the Korean War Memorial. Seems the event was a performance by a Korean dance trope that is doing a tour around the world to thank the veterans of the Korean War, veterans from every country that participated. So here they are in America to thank us and the veterans.

So in the usual way these events are done it started with speeches from like five people as well as a pre-performance performance by some other people. And then the event finally started. And man are these performers young, all young Korean girls age 9-15 wearing traditional Korean dresses and preforming their traditional dances, which call for a drum dance that would make the movie Drumline feeble and meek. Then onto the usual ones one can expect, a fan dance, a dance about new years celebrations, a dance about spring, a dance about farmers, etc. And then at the end they decided to do something special just for us, and had an "American" dance in the sense that the bands who play our national anthem in parades is the "American" dance. Still turned out alright because they used both Korean and American flags, so a nice feeling of kinmanship there.
 And then they sang, and while the song choice of America the Beautiful, Yankee Doodle and Star Spangled Banner were a little off to me as I find them somewhat lame at this point, it was refreshing to hear them in thick Korean accents that told me that the girls didn't quite grasp our language. Which was cool with me, it made the performance extra cute.

But mind you the performance was from 11-1, and we were there an hour early and left 30 minutes late. To talk about the heat would be best summed up by me picking up a water bottle halfway through to pour on myself and having it give my arm a first degree burn on top of the approaching sunburns. It was hot. But much to my joy I didn't mind it too much, and by the end it didn't feel hot at all. Odd.

But yeah, I enjoyed the performance. They went a little over-the-top with Americanism in the performance, but I was alright with it because they were doing this to every country that served in their defense.

So yeah, happy Korean War Memorial Day. Now excuse me as I cover my arms with everything possible to keep them from melting later.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #12086 on: June 25, 2010, 03:26:32 pm »

I'm watching that Mini-Series The Stand (based on Stephen King's book and stuff) and I have to say.  The deaf-mute guy (Nick) and the mentally challenged guy (Tom) is one of the best buddy pairs I have seen ever.

It's so nice and warming.

M-O-O-N that spells Tom Cullen!
« Last Edit: June 25, 2010, 03:35:00 pm by ToonyMan »

Realmfighter

• Bay Watcher
  • Yeaah?
    • View Profile
« Reply #12087 on: June 25, 2010, 06:13:37 pm »

I just finished reading Ruby Quest.

Awesome.
We may not be as brave as Gryffindor, as willing to get our hands dirty as Hufflepuff, or as devious as Slytherin, but there is nothing, nothing more dangerous than a little too much knowledge and a conscience that is open to debate

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #12088 on: June 25, 2010, 06:27:40 pm »

I was rereading the Warhammer 40000 thread.
And I found the combat report for the battle against Cthulhu.
:3

Good times.

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
« Reply #12089 on: June 25, 2010, 06:31:13 pm »

Im just posting this here since i realized janet didn't tell anyone and this is like her announcement topic. that and she doesn't like me using her steam account much lately.

janet is taking a nap. she was in a lot of pain earlyer and we took her to see the doctor. she's okay besides having got a urinary tract infection and some slight tearing from the stone passing. but shell be okay and probally up and about in a few minutes.

alright. i better go take care of some stuff like getting a perscription for her. im apologizing in advance for her in case anyone was worryed
Diamonds are combustable, because they are made of Carbon.
Pages: 1 ... 804 805 [806] 807 808 ... 13326