Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 803 804 [805] 806 807 ... 13326

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15834690 times)

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you HAPPY today thread. Mew! :3
« Reply #12060 on: June 24, 2010, 08:48:18 pm »

I got my SAT scored, they showed up on CollegeBoard today.
'06/2010, SAT Test  510 Reading  600 Math  440 Writing'
That makes 1550 total, out of 2400.  I'm not so sure that's actually a good score or not.

Alright I checked the "average scores" on Wikipedia and they are,
'501 Reading 515 Math 493 Writing'
Too be honest I expected better of myself so WE'LL SEE WHAT HAPPENS IN THE FALL TESTING.
Average Toony is Average :(

I know!  That seems to be the problem huh.

Eduren

• Bay Watcher
  • A new theme!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12061 on: June 24, 2010, 09:02:03 pm »

I got my SAT scored, they showed up on CollegeBoard today.
'06/2010, SAT Test  510 Reading  600 Math  440 Writing'
That makes 1550 total, out of 2400.  I'm not so sure that's actually a good score or not.

Alright I checked the "average scores" on Wikipedia and they are,
'501 Reading 515 Math 493 Writing'
Too be honest I expected better of myself so WE'LL SEE WHAT HAPPENS IN THE FALL TESTING.
Average Toony is Average :(

I know!  That seems to be the problem huh.
Hrmmm. I'm suddenly curious what other Bay12ers may have gotten on the SAT.
I don't know.  Duke wants me to stop playing mafia.
That's the sign of an abusive boyfriend, Toony... you don't have to listen to him.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #12062 on: June 24, 2010, 09:27:38 pm »

I took the ACT, and got a 29, which is 94th percentile.  If I had studied a bit more math and science I probably could've gotten a 32 or 33, that would've been sexy.
Shoes...

ein

• Bay Watcher
  • 勝利の女神はここよ~ 早く捕まえてぇ~
    • View Profile
« Reply #12063 on: June 24, 2010, 09:53:31 pm »

I got dragged off to see Toy Story 3.
Those theatres sure do get dusty.

Anyway, it was pretty awesome, except that I was very close to the loud people.
Everybody hates the loud people.

alway

• Bay Watcher
  • 🏳️‍⚧️
    • View Profile
« Reply #12064 on: June 24, 2010, 10:01:18 pm »

Got a 27 on the ACT when I took it in 8th grade, 32 in 10th. 216 on the PSAT, ~2k on SAT. Then again, I was taking college courses through Ohio's PSEO program starting in 9th grade. First national merit scholarship winner in our school district in at least a decade. 99th percentile >_>

Grakelin

• Bay Watcher
  • Stay thirsty, my friends
    • View Profile
« Reply #12065 on: June 24, 2010, 10:15:58 pm »

You have a bright future ahead of you as the guy who begs for donations on PBS.
I am have extensive knowledge of philosophy and a strong morality
Okay, so, today this girl I know-Lauren, just took a sudden dis-interest in talking to me. Is she just on her period or something?

Eduren

• Bay Watcher
  • A new theme!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12066 on: June 24, 2010, 10:17:51 pm »

Got a 27 on the ACT when I took it in 8th grade, 32 in 10th. 216 on the PSAT, ~2k on SAT. Then again, I was taking college courses through Ohio's PSEO program starting in 9th grade. First national merit scholarship winner in our school district in at least a decade. 99th percentile >_>
And here I was hoping I'd get a chance to brag about my 1950  :P
That's the sign of an abusive boyfriend, Toony... you don't have to listen to him.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #12067 on: June 24, 2010, 10:20:59 pm »

One of the other top students in my school is doing the same Ohio type thing, which is the only reason he's Top 3 while I'm stuck being Top 5.

I'm actually really shocked with my score, how did me (a 98 average student) get a SAT score so low, oh well.

Grakelin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12068 on: June 24, 2010, 10:24:32 pm »

I actually know a way that a person with a 98% average in school might get a shitty result on a test, but it would be too easy for people to assume I was insulting you.
Okay, so, today this girl I know-Lauren, just took a sudden dis-interest in talking to me. Is she just on her period or something?

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #12069 on: June 24, 2010, 10:26:14 pm »

Nah I don't really care, where did my hard working go oh might Thor?

Grakelin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12070 on: June 24, 2010, 11:34:06 pm »

Lots of people with great memories and study skills do excellently in high school, and then start to falter when faced with applying skills and knowledge. This is why so many people who do great in high school can't handle university and visa versa.

Kind of a self esteem kill if you think this applies to you, since it would mean that you're not actually smarter than the other kids after all, but it might not necessarily be the case.

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12071 on: June 24, 2010, 11:35:29 pm »

It's probably best to not assume that you'll do well in either naturally and work for it.

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #12072 on: June 24, 2010, 11:42:57 pm »

Being of the lazy breed, I innately was aware of this, but decided to put more of my ass into my schoolwork in college seeing as that mattered more to me.

Got me an Associates Degree in Graphic Design. That alone helps enough as credit that I learned something I wanted to learn. As for getting better degrees, I don't remember the exact phrasing, but I remember someone having once told me that the real reason for getting better degrees is to have it in your resume of the amount of effort and dedication you're willing to put into your craft. That's what's seen in the resume. Not how smart you are, but how committed you are.

Good to know. It actually makes some sense, seeing as I'm not willing to shell out more simoleans just to beef up my reputation. I prefer to let my work do that for me. It's a cheaper option.

My personal goal is to be a Janitor. Suits my personality. I usually end up cleaning up anyone elses' mess anyway, figuratively or literally. Not to forget, IRL, I tend to be the janitor anyhow; hell, even respected like one. Freaking sociopaths, they have no idea who they're messing with. I can just be "careless" and let them slip on their own mess and "Oops, missed a spot".

Personally, my favorite reason for that aspiration is the utter lack of inter-office politics involved. And hey, freelancing can be done in my free time (which would be aplenty) and I can mysteriously gain more funds than the better paid people that would think it fun to screw with me.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2010, 11:52:46 pm by Itnetlolor »

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #12073 on: June 24, 2010, 11:43:24 pm »

I don't study I learn to cope.

Eduren

• Bay Watcher
  • A new theme!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12074 on: June 25, 2010, 03:48:50 am »

I found the new Futurama to be mediocre at best. While its nice to see fresh stories, they weren't exactly entertaining.

There were a lot of parts that were cringe inducing, especially if you imagine people that have never seen the show before(Unthinkable!) watching it for the first or second time with these episodes.
Pages: 1 ... 803 804 [805] 806 807 ... 13326