Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7962 7963 [7964] 7965 7966 ... 13325

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15783338 times)

Urist McOriginalname

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [ლ(ಠ益ಠ)ლ] WHY ARE WE YELLING? (Happy thread...?)
« Reply #119445 on: January 12, 2014, 06:36:25 pm »

What was call of duty company thinking when they created a game about dogs.

They probably went like "How can we attract more kids to our game without changing anything at all in the gameplay and changing the engine?" and then the kid of the boss came in the room asking for a dog on his birthday and the boss went like "What if... DOGS IN THE GAME?".

And then year later the game comes out with everyone giving it 10/10 because dogs.

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #119446 on: January 12, 2014, 07:04:42 pm »

Reading stuff about the Occulous Rift. And I just keep thinking "Oh god, this is coming out THIS YEAR". And since everything I've seen about it, and everyone that's tried it keeps going "Yeah, this thing is amazing", even non-gamers, I fully expect that it will be huge.
At the moment I have little doubt that the effect it will have on the game and enertainment industry as a whole will be massive.
Remember what was said about the Wii, though. It'll likely be smaller than you expected.

That's what she said, anyway.
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #119447 on: January 12, 2014, 07:08:55 pm »

Reading stuff about the Occulous Rift. And I just keep thinking "Oh god, this is coming out THIS YEAR". And since everything I've seen about it, and everyone that's tried it keeps going "Yeah, this thing is amazing", even non-gamers, I fully expect that it will be huge.
At the moment I have little doubt that the effect it will have on the game and enertainment industry as a whole will be massive.
Remember what was said about the Wii, though. It'll likely be smaller than you expected.

Have you seen what people say when they actually try it? They get more excited, if anything.

Vorthon

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 50% more pointless rambling!
    • View Profile
« Reply #119448 on: January 12, 2014, 07:27:23 pm »

[removed]
« Last Edit: April 01, 2016, 10:20:50 am by Vorthon »

ECrownofFire

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Dragoness
    • View Profile
    • ECrownofFire
« Reply #119449 on: January 12, 2014, 08:34:51 pm »

The Wii is the 4th best-selling console of all time (behind DS, Game Boy, and PlayStation 1), so that's a bad example.

IronTomato

• Bay Watcher
  • VENGEANCE
    • View Profile
« Reply #119450 on: January 12, 2014, 08:57:27 pm »

Ugh, my dwarves were being much more inactive than usual and I didn't get a chance to send any into the thingy. But hey, the reason I died was because my first FB appeared and then kicked everyone in the ass. (Ironically this was one of the only times I didn't prepare) 'Twas fun to watch, but now I'll have to send an adventurer into the place.

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #119451 on: January 12, 2014, 09:13:48 pm »

The Wii is the 4th best-selling console of all time (behind DS, Game Boy, and PlayStation 1), so that's a bad example.

Also considering how much influence it's had.  Sony and Microsoft immediately rushed to come up with their own motion control peripherals, and have both made them even more central to their latest consoles.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #119452 on: January 12, 2014, 09:18:44 pm »

I have returned from binge-reading the rest of the Dresden Files. Went from 5/14 books read to 14/14 books read over the course of a few days.

Why did I read this, now I must binge.
And I'm only 1/4 through the Jack Reacher novels and I wanted to finish that first...
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

ECrownofFire

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Dragoness
    • View Profile
    • ECrownofFire

Boksi

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone's dumb in their own special way
    • View Profile
« Reply #119454 on: January 12, 2014, 10:06:15 pm »

Also considering how much influence it's had.  Sony and Microsoft immediately rushed to come up with their own motion control peripherals, and have both made them even more central to their latest consoles.
Because motion control was the reason it did so well, obviously. Oh, those out-of-touch suits ::)
[BODY_DETAIL:NAIL:NAIL:NAIL]
[HAMMER:HAMMER:HAMMER]

[TSU_NOUN:nose]
[SUN_TSU_NOUN:art:war]

ECrownofFire

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Dragoness
    • View Profile
    • ECrownofFire
« Reply #119455 on: January 12, 2014, 10:17:12 pm »

Because motion control was the reason it did so well, obviously. Oh, those out-of-touch suits ::)

Well Wii Sports IS the best selling game of all time :P

Iceblaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 50% less in-jokes!
    • View Profile
« Reply #119456 on: January 12, 2014, 10:32:50 pm »

So I got some things today!

Fallout NV Ultimate Edition.

XCOM Enemy Unknown.

Assassin's creed IV: Black Flag.

Squeeeeee.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #119457 on: January 13, 2014, 12:27:58 am »

I just deleted 112 lines from a script and it now has better functionality.

Ooooh that's a good feeling.

Also, the feeling of finally writing code that I felt worthy enough to actually go into a project that wasn't mine in some way or another, even if it is only 11 lines. Mmm.

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #119458 on: January 13, 2014, 12:38:49 am »

This website is so cool.

I don't think I'll ever have trouble studying French again. I am so happy I stumbled upon this.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #119459 on: January 13, 2014, 02:34:47 am »

I've made some really good progress on my game over the past few days. It's almost ready for a dungeon crawl again. ^_^

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting
Pages: 1 ... 7962 7963 [7964] 7965 7966 ... 13325