Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7711 7712 [7713] 7714 7715 ... 13325

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15745549 times)

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [ლ( ლ)] He comes (Happy thread)
« Reply #115680 on: November 06, 2013, 12:03:00 am »

It was long after.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #115681 on: November 06, 2013, 12:07:12 am »

Even so, nobody can go a day on Bay 12 without thinking about being dead thrown by Vector's rippling biceps.

I'm guessing this vote happened before I was around, because I don't remember it.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #115682 on: November 06, 2013, 12:08:35 am »

I have, for entirely unrelated reasons, been reminded of the greatest moment to happen to roleplaying in my vicinity. I was playing a Dragonfire Adept/Sentinel of Bharrai, because I wanted to play an armored, firebreathing bear with wings. At the time, I was simply disguised as an armored bear, for reasons I forget. It's important to remember, however, that I could speak. We're trying to diplomacy our way into a castle:

Guard: "... What's with that bear? Why's it wearing armor, and can we really trust it to stay under control?"
Ally: (High Bluff Roll, but no ranks) "Oh, he's my... animal companion."
Me: (Natural 1 on Aiding) "... Yes, I am."
Guard: (Flubs the Sense Motive) "Oh, and you've trained it to speak, eh? Well done! Head on in."

Even so, nobody can go a day on Bay 12 without thinking about being dead thrown by Vector's rippling biceps.
Hell, granting an hour is charitable.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #115683 on: November 06, 2013, 12:09:55 am »

...Bauglir, you know about the tale of Sir Bearington?
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #115684 on: November 06, 2013, 12:10:19 am »

I do now, but this was years before it.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #115685 on: November 06, 2013, 12:11:32 am »

Heh.
I should do that sometime.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
« Reply #115686 on: November 06, 2013, 12:14:09 am »

Watched the entire Hell's Temple portion of DesceasedCrab's La Mulana Let's Play. Poor guy.
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #115687 on: November 06, 2013, 12:25:32 am »

I have, for entirely unrelated reasons, been reminded of the greatest moment to happen to roleplaying in my vicinity. I was playing a Dragonfire Adept/Sentinel of Bharrai, because I wanted to play an armored, firebreathing bear with wings. At the time, I was simply disguised as an armored bear, for reasons I forget. It's important to remember, however, that I could speak. We're trying to diplomacy our way into a castle:

Guard: "... What's with that bear? Why's it wearing armor, and can we really trust it to stay under control?"
Guard: (Flubs the Sense Motive) "Oh, and you've trained it to speak, eh? Well done! Head on in."

I see you're firebreathing bear with wings, and raise you an angel bear with wings. :P
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Aptus

• Bay Watcher
  • Indeed ôo
    • View Profile
« Reply #115688 on: November 06, 2013, 01:21:23 am »

Today I am going to spend the day learning some Ruby on Rails programming. I am excite :)

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #115689 on: November 06, 2013, 02:09:30 am »

I see you're firebreathing bear with wings, and raise you an angel bear with wings. :P

I love how the character traits section is what you'd expect for a chaotic good paladin and then ends with "tends to erupt into a bear when angered".
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #115690 on: November 06, 2013, 02:15:53 am »

I have just read the rules for Time Wizards!. This is a silly game, for silly people, and it has my complete approval.

RedWarrior0

• Bay Watcher
  • she/her
    • View Profile
« Reply #115691 on: November 06, 2013, 03:31:00 am »

I just noticed that your avatar is Bear Jace The Mind Sculptor.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #115692 on: November 06, 2013, 04:32:36 am »

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #115693 on: November 06, 2013, 05:16:07 am »

I found a cutie in Texas. o-o
You're one of them Canadian girlfriends I keep hearing about arencha?

Habbadax

• Bay Watcher
  • The Cackling Cavalier
    • View Profile
« Reply #115694 on: November 06, 2013, 06:14:36 am »

We should do another vote.

Also: Was this before or after you came out as a woman on the internet?

Also also: Pretty sure Texas exists. ... And the guy in Texas.

I sure hope Texas exists, if it doesn't then I need to do some serious thinking about the last five or so years of my life
Pages: 1 ... 7711 7712 [7713] 7714 7715 ... 13325