Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7654 7655 [7656] 7657 7658 ... 13325

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15745732 times)

PanH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [ლ( ლ)] He comes (Happy thread)
« Reply #114825 on: October 22, 2013, 03:53:34 pm »

I had somebody talk to me today and then was all "Hey, are you on Bay12?" and I was like "Yup." and it was fun.
But it also means that my Internet identity may be too close to my real one. Hmmm...
Now that you posted that, wouldn't the other person be able to recognize you ?

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #114826 on: October 22, 2013, 03:55:46 pm »

I got the job, I got the jooooooooooob! Wooooo!

I'll come crashing back to earth soon because it's still part time and I take a substantial pay cut, but I'm going from 5-8 hours a week to 25-40+ hours. Woooooo!
Congrats!

I had my first onboarding conference call for my new job a little while ago, and I'm fucking terrified! I have to submit budgets and schedules and things! I feel like a little kid wearing grown-up clothes and hoping really hard that no one will notice.
I'm...basically doing the same thing as what I did before (customer service), but for a brand with a yellow tag instead of a blue circle with two letters. I want to get into a position where I can do what you do, RedKing, but I dicked around for 10 years after high school instead of going straight to college and now it's a long, difficult uphill battle.
I'm still with the blue circle with two letters. And trust me, I don't even quite know how I got this job. I did impress the hell out of my last boss and a lot of people at the Bureau, but the leap from tech support to project manager....it's like my ex-father-in-law who started off as a chef for IBM and wound up an SAP programmer.

On the plus side, I'm now sitting through a big conference call for the whole account, and they sound like they have even less idea what's going on.  :P
Well, if you need anyone in the Midwest market, let me know. I wanna wear a suit, too!

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #114827 on: October 22, 2013, 03:58:16 pm »

I had somebody talk to me today and then was all "Hey, are you on Bay12?" and I was like "Yup." and it was fun.
But it also means that my Internet identity may be too close to my real one. Hmmm...
Now that you posted that, wouldn't the other person be able to recognize you ?
The other person already knew my username and that's why they asked me if I was on the forum.
But really they could have done much better by collecting blackmail from my forum posts instead of telling me that they knew my Internet existence!
To exist or not exist, that is the query. For whether it is more optimal of the CPU to endure the viruses and spam of outragous fortune, or to something something something.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #114828 on: October 22, 2013, 04:04:51 pm »

I was contacted today with an interesting offer from my company. For at least a temporary basis, I can be switched from the 48-state random freight assignment I currently have to a more dedicated account nearby. I'll mostly be sticking to California and Nevada, have more time at home, AND I'll be making a minimum of $750 a week.

Unlike the last time I was offered a local job and turned it down, I decided to try this out for a little while.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #114829 on: October 22, 2013, 04:17:33 pm »

The only person I've ever met in person from Bay 12 is Barbarossa TSG.

Neither of us knew at the time. I'm pretty sure, though.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #114830 on: October 22, 2013, 04:20:04 pm »

The only person I've ever met in person from Bay 12 is Barbarossa TSG.

Neither of us knew at the time. I'm pretty sure, though.

I'm actually slightly paranoid since I moved to Krakow. I know that there's a couple of Bay12ers living here, and every day I may be bumping into someone I know from here but neither of us realizes that.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

MadMalkavian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #114831 on: October 22, 2013, 04:31:48 pm »

It's nice being alone, at least for right now. I like not having friends. Friends have no value to me unless they can give me stuff anyways so it's alright if I don't have any.
Warning: Subject may be antisocial and may not synchronize well with humans. Approach cordially and with caution or not at all.

Thecard

• Bay Watcher
  • Back in With the Old!
    • View Profile
« Reply #114832 on: October 22, 2013, 04:32:51 pm »

I'm actually slightly paranoid since I moved to Krakow. I know that there's a couple of Bay12ers living here, and every day I may be bumping into someone I know from here but neither of us realizes that.
I seriously thought you said "humping" instead for a few moments there.

I think the slaughter part is what made them angry.
OOC: Dachshundofdoom: This is how the world ends, not with a bang but with goddamn VUVUZELAS.
Those hookers aren't getting out any time soon, no matter how many fancy gadgets they have :v

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #114833 on: October 22, 2013, 04:46:58 pm »

Well, THAT would be even more awkward once we would find out.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Lagslayer

• Bay Watcher
  • stand-up philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #114834 on: October 22, 2013, 05:23:36 pm »

We need a way to identify Bay12ers in real life. I was thinking we should greet others by throwing buckets of magma on them. If they return the gesture, then you know.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #114835 on: October 22, 2013, 05:25:09 pm »

If they return the gesture, then you missed.

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #114836 on: October 22, 2013, 07:00:13 pm »

We need a way to identify Bay12ers in real life. I was thinking we should greet others by throwing buckets of magma on them. If they return the gesture, then you know.
Pink triangles?
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

Thecard

• Bay Watcher
  • Back in With the Old!
    • View Profile
« Reply #114837 on: October 22, 2013, 08:29:39 pm »

Pink triangles?
Maybe we should all wear an *Elf Bone Amulet* or something.

I think the slaughter part is what made them angry.
OOC: Dachshundofdoom: This is how the world ends, not with a bang but with goddamn VUVUZELAS.
Those hookers aren't getting out any time soon, no matter how many fancy gadgets they have :v

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
« Reply #114838 on: October 22, 2013, 08:33:24 pm »

Improv Everywhere, They made "Frozen Grand Central", "No Pants Subway ride", and "Grocery Store Musical". Today, they came out with yet another wonderful production, The Matrix in Real Life.
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

alway

• Bay Watcher
  • 🏳️‍⚧️
    • View Profile
« Reply #114839 on: October 22, 2013, 09:19:32 pm »

So, I've pretty much got my Youtube recommendations well trained; they find me good Touhou music and some vocaloid stuff, not much else. So imagine my surprise when this comes up: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tym0MObFpTI

I.... wasn't expecting that.
Pages: 1 ... 7654 7655 [7656] 7657 7658 ... 13325