Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7608 7609 [7610] 7611 7612 ... 13325

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15768964 times)

alway

• Bay Watcher
  • 🏳️‍⚧️
    • View Profile
Re: [ლ( ლ)] He comes (Happy thread)
« Reply #114135 on: October 10, 2013, 12:09:36 am »

I remembered trapdoor bears.

Think about a trapdoor spider; but a bear.

You're walking through a forest; not a creature in sight. Suddenly, there is an upheaval of undergrowth, and a massive bear lunges forth, bites your legs and pulls you down beneath the ground. Why do these not exist in fiction?!? It's such a hilariously terrifying creature, and yet is elegantly simple in its deviation from reality. Trapdoor Bears.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #114136 on: October 10, 2013, 12:10:50 am »

More importantly, Dark Donald.

Say, a mental train has run off the rails, and I've reached the conclusion that the Adoring Fan needs to be a saltybet fighter.

I remember seeing Twitch Waifu Chan HD winning two rounds against Dark Donald. That was wrong.

Adoring Fan? Vehking Fargoth doesn't even CHIM.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #114137 on: October 10, 2013, 12:14:51 am »

You're walking through a forest; not a creature in sight. Suddenly, there is an upheaval of undergrowth, and a massive bear lunges forth, bites your legs and pulls you down beneath the ground. Why do these not exist in fiction?!? It's such a hilariously terrifying creature, and yet is elegantly simple in its deviation from reality. Trapdoor Bears.
yes
YES
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Steelmagic

• Bay Watcher
  • Insanity makes everything fun!
    • View Profile
« Reply #114138 on: October 10, 2013, 12:18:33 am »

THAT'S OK I DIDN'T WANT TO GO OUTSIDE ANYWAY.
When i say "I'm no expert but..." It means "I have no idea what the hell I'm talking about but I'm going to try to sound like i do."

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #114139 on: October 10, 2013, 12:31:50 am »

...downloading now

it's really good

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #114140 on: October 10, 2013, 12:39:53 am »

Brb writing Alice in Wonderland fanfiction
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #114141 on: October 10, 2013, 02:17:30 am »

Damn. I'll have to try not to contemplate that concept next time I take my dogs for a walk in the woods I live in. Trapdoor bears everywhere.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

NobodyPro

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #114142 on: October 10, 2013, 02:21:58 am »

More importantly, Dark Donald.

Say, a mental train has run off the rails, and I've reached the conclusion that the Young Cicero needs to be a saltybet fighter.
FTFY

Vattic

• Bay Watcher
  • bibo ergo sum
    • View Profile
« Reply #114143 on: October 10, 2013, 02:53:19 am »

Week off work!
6 out of 7 dwarves aren't Happy.
How To Generate Small Islands

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #114144 on: October 10, 2013, 05:25:22 am »

This pianist.

And everything he made.

Chaoswizkid

• Bay Watcher
  • Bring on the Chaos
    • View Profile
    • Realms of Kar'Kaish New Site
« Reply #114145 on: October 10, 2013, 05:42:05 am »

It was just announced today that my favorite vocalist, Floor Jansen, has been permanently added to Nightwish's line-up.  Her previous bands wrote great lyrics, but mediocre music.  On the other hand, I've always felt that Nightwish wrote great music and good lyrics, but had mediocre vocalists.  This is a perfect match.  I can't wait to see what they'll be able to create together.

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
:D
/happy

Trying to find youtube videos of the live concerts from the Imaginaerum tour to get a feel for her vocals, but all of the sound quality is bad. From what I can hear, though, is that Floor has a more powerful voice than Anette (which wasn't hard) and yet is more adaptable that Tarja's (which was set in opera stone). This means that they'll be able to do stuff similar to pre-Dark Passion Play but they'll also probably be able to do things like Dark Passion Play (which is my favorite album). I never bothered with caring about who the better singer was or lamenting the loss of the singers because Toumas is the heart and soul of Nightwish and explores new territory, playing to the strengths of the band. There will be good music regardless of the vocalist. There might be some hits or misses, but there will definitely be good music.
Floor's addition to the band gives me hope of seeing more stuff like DPP and more of the best of the older stuff, though, so I'm happy about that.
Administrator of the Realms of Kar'Kaish Project.

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #114146 on: October 10, 2013, 06:23:37 am »

It was just announced today that my favorite vocalist, Floor Jansen, has been permanently added to Nightwish's line-up.  Her previous bands wrote great lyrics, but mediocre music.  On the other hand, I've always felt that Nightwish wrote great music and good lyrics, but had mediocre vocalists.  This is a perfect match.  I can't wait to see what they'll be able to create together.

/happy

Trying to find youtube videos of the live concerts from the Imaginaerum tour to get a feel for her vocals, but all of the sound quality is bad. From what I can hear, though, is that Floor has a more powerful voice than Anette (which wasn't hard) and yet is more adaptable that Tarja's (which was set in opera stone). This means that they'll be able to do stuff similar to pre-Dark Passion Play but they'll also probably be able to do things like Dark Passion Play (which is my favorite album). I never bothered with caring about who the better singer was or lamenting the loss of the singers because Toumas is the heart and soul of Nightwish and explores new territory, playing to the strengths of the band. There will be good music regardless of the vocalist. There might be some hits or misses, but there will definitely be good music.
Floor's addition to the band gives me hope of seeing more stuff like DPP and more of the best of the older stuff, though, so I'm happy about that.

I felt that Tarja did fine with the operatic style vocals, but completely lacked expression.  She felt rigid and technical.  No passion.

Anette felt like she brought expressiveness and passion, but her vocal style and quality was about as unremarkable as possible.

Floor can not only match both styles, but flow from one to the other while hanging on a single note (proof in the last word of this song - my favorite vocal performance of hers).    There aren't many good bootleg recordings from Imaginaerium, so here's my selection of a few more favorites that I think show off her talents best.

Beautiful Emptiness (just the way she spits the word "disgust" with such conviction is amazing)
Intrinsic (she hits an absolutely ridiculous note at the end of this one)
Evoke
Energize Me
Emphasis
and of course, the Showtime, Storytime trailer does a pretty damn good job, too -- chills!  Seriously, how many singers can sound like that live?
« Last Edit: October 10, 2013, 06:31:29 am by SalmonGod »
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #114147 on: October 10, 2013, 08:41:55 am »

Infrared Photography is crazy.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2013, 08:46:50 am by Solifuge »

Siquo

• Bay Watcher
  • Procedurally generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #114148 on: October 10, 2013, 08:55:35 am »

/happy

Trying to find youtube videos of the live concerts from the Imaginaerum tour to get a feel for her vocals, but all of the sound quality is bad.
I'm the (or one of the) aforementioned announcers.
Yeah, that sucks. I saw the Ima-tour with Anette, and although I quite like the Ima-album (took a few times of listening to it), she was absolutely horrible on the Tarja stuff (at Over the Hills me and friend just ran away, that bad)... Was never a big fan of After Forever, but Salmon convinced me Floor had it in her. After seeing that trailer just the other day, I was convinced.

So yeah, time for a new tour :)

This one thread is mine. MIIIIINE!!! And it will remain a happy, friendly, encouraging place, whether you lot like it or not. 
will rena,eme sique to sique sxds-- siquo if sucessufil
(cant spel siqou a. every speling looks wroing (hate this))

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #114149 on: October 10, 2013, 10:21:04 am »

Tis mah 18th cakeday  :D
It's FEF, not FEOF
Pages: 1 ... 7608 7609 [7610] 7611 7612 ... 13325