Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 755 756 [757] 758 759 ... 13325

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15773870 times)

Jakkarra

• Bay Watcher
  • The Chairman.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you HAPPY today thread. Mew! :3
« Reply #11340 on: June 14, 2010, 09:54:14 am »

Yukkuri Shiteitte Ne.

Take it Easy.

ein

• Bay Watcher
  • 勝利の女神はここよ~ 早く捕まえてぇ~
    • View Profile
« Reply #11341 on: June 14, 2010, 10:07:23 am »

It's getting light out.
That means I have successfully survived the night.
Of course, that means that in two hours, I'll have the sun shining right into my face.

Also, my download from MEGAUPLOAD just had a captcha code of nah.

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
  • That guy who used to be here all the time
    • View Profile
« Reply #11342 on: June 14, 2010, 10:57:06 am »

Also, my download from MEGAUPLOAD just had a captcha code of nah.
And the next one: lOl
Thou art I, I art Thou.
The trust you have bestowed upon thy comrade is now reciprocated in turn.
Thou shall be blessed when calling upon personae of the Hangman Arcana.
May this tie bind thee to a brighter future!​
Ikusaba Quest! - Fistfighting space robots for the benefit of your familial bonds to Satan is passe, so you call Sherlock Holmes and ask her to pop by.

Maggarg - Eater of chicke

• Bay Watcher
  • His Maleficent Magnificence of Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #11343 on: June 14, 2010, 10:59:34 am »

Made a fundamental christian on my doorstep rage by insisting that Metal was my religion, and that it was the only true religion.
...I keep searching for my family's raw files, for modding them.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #11344 on: June 14, 2010, 11:03:52 am »

Made a fundamental christian on my doorstep rage by insisting that Metal was my religion, and that it was the only true religion.
Awesome! :D

Also, how can
Yukkuri Shiteitte Ne
not translate to "you're shitting me?"
Love, scriver~

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #11345 on: June 14, 2010, 11:21:01 am »

Why was there a fundamental christian at you doorway anyway? I thought they didn't door-to-door.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
  • That guy who used to be here all the time
    • View Profile
« Reply #11346 on: June 14, 2010, 11:24:19 am »

Speaking of religious people raiding your doorstep, My dad usually has some very creative ways to get rid of them. Last time, I actually helped out, shouting that the goats blood was ready to go and that "If we don't do the summoning soon, the book says it won't work.

They vacated the premises speedily.
Thou art I, I art Thou.
The trust you have bestowed upon thy comrade is now reciprocated in turn.
Thou shall be blessed when calling upon personae of the Hangman Arcana.
May this tie bind thee to a brighter future!​
Ikusaba Quest! - Fistfighting space robots for the benefit of your familial bonds to Satan is passe, so you call Sherlock Holmes and ask her to pop by.

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
« Reply #11347 on: June 14, 2010, 11:44:22 am »

I've never got that whole thing. I've had Mormons and Jehovas witnesses show up and they leave when I ask politely.
Diamonds are combustable, because they are made of Carbon.

Nether

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11348 on: June 14, 2010, 11:47:40 am »

I've never got that whole thing. I've had Mormons and Jehovas witnesses show up and they leave when I ask politely.
Seconded.

Maggarg - Eater of chicke

• Bay Watcher
  • His Maleficent Magnificence of Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #11349 on: June 14, 2010, 11:48:32 am »

It was the second time in the day and I wanted some cheap fun. I did the same thing a few years ago when some animal rights activists were on a bothering campaign, one came up to my door and asked if I liked animals. I replied that most of them are ok in a curry.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2010, 11:50:10 am by Maggarg - Eater of chicke »
...I keep searching for my family's raw files, for modding them.

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11350 on: June 14, 2010, 11:49:46 am »

I never seen a Jehova's Witness or other missionary before.  I did get a group of kids at the door once on a scavenger hunt for some Church function.  Other than that, the closest I've encountered to irritating proselytism were people who go walking around on Halloween, handing out these cheap comic books about poisoned candy and razors in apples and human sacrifice and shit.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #11351 on: June 14, 2010, 12:28:27 pm »

Finally, and consciously, started New Wavehandle. It's looking great. Started from the above ground farmlands. It's already turning out great. I optimized my livestock storage and underground farms, as well as made far more use of the land I have. I've already relocated a few things that seemed out of place with the earlier setup, and already have a good idea of how I want my barracks/trap station setup. So to put it, the old "Indiana Urist Nightmare Death Trap" is the new location of a more effective barracks, as well as the new invaders-only access point; which also gives me a good idea of what I want to do to adjust where they come from.

Sure, I still have only my starting 7, but I already made a ton of progress in less than a game month. All farming is set, and plans for the main fort are underway. But seeing as military is the one thing I neglect most the time, that'll be setup first.

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11352 on: June 14, 2010, 12:30:49 pm »

As fun as it is to mess with fundies, it's for that reason that we see vehement Zealotry on the rise. It only confirms in their mind that non-believers are sinfull asshats. Just because they're Christian doesn't make them less-deserving of respect.

If not for the Jehovas Witnesses, I'd never have gotten to go to Hawaii. An old Witness couple put my family up in their home for a week, provided food, transportation, and a bunch of really interesting local information on places to go on the small islands. They were genuinely good, caring people, and I really appreciated their kindness.

When people come to my door to discuss their religion with me, I tell them that I'm an atheist, but I'd be happy to discuss the nature of "Good," "Happiness," or our differing personal philosophies of life, if they'd like to. I try not to mess with people on the basis of their beliefs, since I expect the same from them.

Taco Dan

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of aborted projects
    • View Profile
    • Shattered Monkey Gaming
« Reply #11353 on: June 14, 2010, 01:53:41 pm »

The way I look at it is sort of like Agnosticism; Any one religion could be right, in fact, multiple religions could be right, Just there's really no way to prove it, so people who try are just wasting time.
In short, I'm not ruling anything out.

Anyway. back to the actual topic. I'm just generally happy today, I don't know why. It could be my new medication, or it could just be that nothing's gone bad today, either way, I'm happy.
I think I would remember if I had amnesia.
I'd like to remind everyone that half of the time I don't even know what I'm talking about. The other half of the time I only sort of know what I'm talking about.
Pages: 1 ... 755 756 [757] 758 759 ... 13325