Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7515 7516 [7517] 7518 7519 ... 13325

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15740576 times)

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
Re: [ヽ(°ヮ。)ノ] HEADPANTS RETURNS! (Happy Thread)
« Reply #112740 on: September 13, 2013, 04:31:49 pm »

Steam adds option to share and borrow games

Turns out someone listens to the EU after all.
I'm kind of confused.
People are saying in the comments that you cannot play any game in your library while someone else is playing a game from your library, while as far as I can see the article says that it's only that you cannot both be playing the same game at once.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

The Darkling Wolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Arf!
    • View Profile
    • Cataclysm - Dark Days Ahead
« Reply #112741 on: September 13, 2013, 04:34:37 pm »

Spoiler: Blizzard, you so silly (click to show/hide)
My cabbages!
[Thunderfury, Blessed Blade of the Windseeker]

I am fat, eating is my great joy.

PanH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #112742 on: September 13, 2013, 04:35:38 pm »

This is awesome.

I'm kind of confused.
People are saying in the comments that you cannot play any game in your library while someone else is playing a game from your library, while as far as I can see the article says that it's only that you cannot both be playing the same game at once.
I understand it as 2 people can't play the same game in a library, wheter they are shared people or the owner. Several people can use the library though. So, I just think people in the comments are wrong (about that).

majikero

• Bay Watcher
  • Poi~
    • View Profile
« Reply #112743 on: September 13, 2013, 04:38:32 pm »

I'm kind of confused.

I'm pretty sure it mentions that the owner gets priority so whoever is playing the game you let some one else play, the get booted off the game.

Still awesome though. It means I can play my brothers library of games he doesn't bother to play. We can probably set up a game sharing trial plan here on bay12 for people wanting to try a game before buying.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #112744 on: September 13, 2013, 04:48:02 pm »

I'm kind of confused.

I'm pretty sure it mentions that the owner gets priority so whoever is playing the game you let some one else play, the get booted off the game.

Still awesome though. It means I can play my brothers library of games he doesn't bother to play. We can probably set up a game sharing trial plan here on bay12 for people wanting to try a game before buying.
That is a freaking brilliant idea. IIRC, it also saves achievements and whatnot under your own Steam profile. Now you just have to make friends with enough people that you can play ALL THE GAMES.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #112745 on: September 13, 2013, 04:53:09 pm »

I'm kind of confused.

Quote from: The article
A shared library may only be accessed by one user at a time. As the lender, you may always access and play your games at any time. If you decide to start playing when a friend is already playing one of your games, he/she will be given a few minutes to either purchase the game or quit playing.”

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #112746 on: September 13, 2013, 04:57:17 pm »

Simpsons meets Akira, awesomeness ensues :D

Also damn FTL, shit's all over the place, one playtrough I lose all but one of my crew within three jumps before finally "SUPRISE MANTIS BOARDING PARTY" makes him kick the bucket too. Another I just keep stockpiling more and more crew until I get blow up entirely by a very stubborn pirate :C

AND I CANNOT STOP :C
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

MagmaMcFry

• Bay Watcher
  • [EXISTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #112747 on: September 13, 2013, 05:39:19 pm »

Quote from: The article
A shared library may only be accessed by one user at a time. As the lender, you may always access and play your games at any time. If you decide to start playing when a friend is already playing one of your games, he/she will be given a few minutes to either purchase the game or quit playing.”
Suddenly stuff got much more retarded. But it's okay, you can game the system by making a separate account for every new game you buy, and give your main account access to that separate account. Then you have the ability to share individual games (albeit with only 9 friends instead of 10).

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #112748 on: September 13, 2013, 05:43:56 pm »

Oh okay. That kind of sucks. But I found a new happy thing.
This is going to exist.

If it becomes a thing it may actually kick me into getting the significant number of people I know who would be interested in playing a tabletop RPG to actually get together.
Because pirates. And dragons.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #112749 on: September 13, 2013, 06:36:00 pm »

Naxza's got the right of it. For what it is, it isn't bad.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #112750 on: September 13, 2013, 06:37:43 pm »

Card Hunter is so much fun.

Slayerhero90

• Bay Watcher
  • Time for Taako's opinion.
    • View Profile
« Reply #112751 on: September 13, 2013, 06:50:27 pm »

CHEMISTRY CLASS I FUCKING LOVE CHEMISTRY WITH THE IONIC BONDS AND THE COVALENT BONDS AND THE SETTING THINGS ON FIRE AND THE ELECTRON CONFIGURATION AND THOSE LOVELY HALOGENS OHHHHHHYEEEEEISISSISISISISSSSASSSSSSSSSSSSS
My tumblr.
Yeah no I don't haunt here anymore. Peace

MagmaMcFry

• Bay Watcher
  • [EXISTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #112752 on: September 13, 2013, 07:08:35 pm »

Naxza's got the right of it. For what it is, it isn't bad.
One other thing you can do; find someone in a different timezone and share it. You'll both be on at mostly different times, so you can both use the libraries with minimal conflicts.
I believe you have to enter your password on the other system, so either you tell a random stranger your password, or you book a flight to China and type it in yourself.

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #112753 on: September 13, 2013, 07:13:02 pm »

Breaking Bad's pretty kewl~

alway

• Bay Watcher
  • 🏳️‍⚧️
    • View Profile
« Reply #112754 on: September 13, 2013, 08:38:21 pm »

OH HELLS YES. Touhou 14 Sakuya A normal no-continues GET.

Was just going to play minecraft too; then I turned on pandora, and it was on my Folk Metal channel. Resulting in my chugging a handy nearby double espresso and beating Touhou 14 with 2 lives to spare. After 6 and 11, I think 14 is the first one I care to remember doing a no-continue with. [I may have done it with one of the 7-10 set, but I don't remember because I don't particularly care for them]
Pages: 1 ... 7515 7516 [7517] 7518 7519 ... 13325