Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7478 7479 [7480] 7481 7482 ... 13325

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15739402 times)

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [ヽ(°ヮ。)ノ] HEADPANTS RETURNS! (Happy Thread)
« Reply #112185 on: September 03, 2013, 02:07:28 pm »

Oh, it will be done.  The only question is whether it will be free (same writing and programming, shitty everything else, expect large amounts of MS PAINT and . . . interesting. . . photoshopping, plus like 20 different "artists" I'll ask to create one image each just to increase the Quality of the production) or cost you anything (BEAUTIFUL AMAZEBALLS).  One of the things I realized is that if I use historical figures I can just use their photos a la Hatoful Boyfriend and make a smaller game, but on the other hand, geez, I don't think the funnability of that would be all too superior.  Also I would feel guilty.

But the thing is that I'm a published author, right, (in translation, but I've successfully tricked seasoned comparative literature students into thinking some stuff I wrote while high was excerpted from a Classic Novel, so that's pretty good) and I'm trying to act, as arrogant as it might be, like I might be able to sell something like this even on the first try, if I just put in enough time and backbone and do a lot of drafts.  That's what's making me less warm on the idea.  Who's successful on their first try?  Who's arrogant enough to make that assumption?  But on the other hand, I have written a lot of other things people liked--just not, specifically, a visual novel.

I was also thinking, honestly, that if I'm putting the full force of my strength behind this and any sort of faith, then I might ask you and Solifuge to help with animation and art and a lady on Twitter called fireh9lly to do the music/SFX, since I know that we're all

a. skilled

b. in need of work

. . . The fifth person I was going to ask for design consultation/interface ideas in general as necessary was ChipCheezum, since he's also brilliant and out of work.

So, uh, anyway.  That's my superhero dreamteam and I'll put my mother's drapes back now.  Don't take any of that as promises, though, because I'm still feeling out the feel that I'm going for here.

EDIT: FUCK IT, I am going to learn how to be absolutely shameless.  Shame is the overgrown seething appendix of my emotional colon and it is going to be excised.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2013, 02:13:30 pm by Vector »
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
  • Just here for the schadenfreude.
    • View Profile
« Reply #112186 on: September 03, 2013, 02:43:52 pm »

EDIT: Okay, bye guys, I'm going to go crawl in a hole and die.  Forever.  Please forget everything I've said in the past hour or so, and possibly also my entire existence if that would make you feel any better.  I'm pretty sure it's inherently embarrassing, like, some sort of aura that makes awkward things happen.
Damn.  I was checking in to see if I was needed as Depression Mascot(tm), but it looks like my work is already done here :(

...  I'll be back later.

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #112187 on: September 03, 2013, 02:49:46 pm »

no you don't want to get rid of shame you want to be able to say "yoooooooooooooooooo this is a bad idea to do in public" like that one time i almost left for work in a [DATA EXPUNGED] cosplay
what you wanna do is put a bangin' donk on it rework your definition of shame to be more pleasant and cooperative through mercilessly stomping it like it's a villian in the parodies of your typical magical girl series

in other news i ordered a hundred kilos of limestone. limestone costs 300 bucks a ton. even diorite is more expensive, so i took it on a whim, i am going to have so much borderline legal fun with my pile of lime

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #112188 on: September 03, 2013, 02:57:40 pm »

You should totally start a truffle farm - in five to ten years, you might be slightly well-off!
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #112189 on: September 03, 2013, 03:12:41 pm »

@selling math dating game:
I'd buy it.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #112190 on: September 03, 2013, 03:13:40 pm »

what do you mean i could turn that purchase into a wise investment? i wanted to make a small hype regarding the upcoming rocks and put them somewhere like it's an art exhibit and before people realize it's fucking nothing i'll already have my fair share of cheap and innocent laughs
and then we remove the pile before rain happens and give it to some farmer, they love all sorts of free minerals

i'll look into keeping what remains of the pile i guess.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #112191 on: September 03, 2013, 03:53:03 pm »

EDIT: Okay, bye guys, I'm going to go crawl in a hole and die.  Forever.  Please forget everything I've said in the past hour or so, and possibly also my entire existence if that would make you feel any better.  I'm pretty sure it's inherently embarrassing, like, some sort of aura that makes awkward things happen.
Nah, the only kind of aura I get from you is one that you are intrinsically better than me.
Which is a skill that you share with exactly 2 other people. So that's some sort of achievement.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Nadaka

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nadaka.us
« Reply #112192 on: September 03, 2013, 04:01:26 pm »

next week I start my new job, with a salary $20k/year higher than what I have now. I also get payed out for 5 weeks of vacation from my current job, and am also finally getting around to selling the car I bought for my ex.

So... money. I will have it.

Money may not be able to buy happiness, but the lack of it is not that fun either.
Take me out to the black, tell them I ain't comin' back...
I don't care cause I'm still free, you can't take the sky from me...

I turned myself into a monster, to fight against the monsters of the world.

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #112193 on: September 03, 2013, 04:50:19 pm »

next week I start my new job, with a salary $20k/year higher than what I have now. I also get payed out for 5 weeks of vacation from my current job, and am also finally getting around to selling the car I bought for my ex.

So... money. I will have it.

Money may not be able to buy happiness, but the lack of it is not that fun either.

Congratulations!  That's some major stuff.

I was also thinking, honestly, that if I'm putting the full force of my strength behind this and any sort of faith, then I might ask you and Solifuge to help with animation and art and a lady on Twitter called fireh9lly to do the music/SFX, since I know that we're all

a. skilled

b. in need of work

Quite flattering, though I'm not sure how well cut out I'd be for it.  Don't have much experience with dating sims, but aren't they usually in 2d?  Not my area.  I wish.  Though I could fake it via rendering :P  I was thinking more of a friend who does a lot of compositing with 2d characters on 3d backgrounds.  I don't think his characters are quite professional yet (I don't think his proportions will improve until he gets a girlfriend), but his backgrounds and compositing are pretty good.  He's also way more in need of work than I am.  Then you'd only need someone for drawing/animating characters, and I've got plenty of artist friends.  Just a simple "Hey remember me if this ever gets rolling and you're looking for people."
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #112194 on: September 03, 2013, 04:52:16 pm »

Ohhh, okay!  Then yes, you are the perfect person to talk to!

I was also thinking of asking the yogurt night lady but I think she'd refuse on grounds of this project's weirdness. . . haha.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

Scelly9

• Bay Watcher
  • That crazy long-haired queer liberal communist
    • View Profile
« Reply #112195 on: September 03, 2013, 04:55:43 pm »

Ohhh, okay!  Then yes, you are the perfect person to talk to!

I was also thinking of asking the yogurt night lady but I think she'd refuse on grounds of this project's weirdness. . . haha.
Oh, come on. You never know.
You taste the jug! It is ceramic.
Quote from: Loud Whispers
SUPPORT THE COMMUNIST GAY MOVEMENT!

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #112196 on: September 03, 2013, 05:00:45 pm »

Oh man Vector good luck! It sounds like a project of great fun!

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #112197 on: September 03, 2013, 05:55:06 pm »

BLAH BLAH BLAH DATING SIM
Ooh! Ooh! What about writing?! Do you need a writer to help out who works for chocolate and hugs?!! <3

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #112198 on: September 03, 2013, 06:30:46 pm »

At the moment, I'm planning to do all the writing, but I'll keep ya in mind =]

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #112199 on: September 03, 2013, 06:38:34 pm »

If you'd like an editor, I could do that. I hate poorly edited writing.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.
Pages: 1 ... 7478 7479 [7480] 7481 7482 ... 13325