Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7431 7432 [7433] 7434 7435 ... 13325

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15745940 times)

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
Re: [ヽ(°ヮ。)ノ] HEADPANTS RETURNS! (Happy Thread)
« Reply #111480 on: August 19, 2013, 11:03:34 pm »

I tend to prefer WW1 military histories (like Lawrence) over WW2 military histories, because WW1 has more of a "This was a terrible tragedy for everyone", while WW2 has the tinge of "Roh roh roh, Fight da Nazis, go USA, go Allies!"
What about Slaughterhouse-Five?
Saving Private Ryan? It's an anti-war movie masquerading as a war movie.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Pnx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #111481 on: August 19, 2013, 11:42:24 pm »

I tend to prefer WW1 military histories (like Lawrence) over WW2 military histories, because WW1 has more of a "This was a terrible tragedy for everyone", while WW2 has the tinge of "Roh roh roh, Fight da Nazis, go USA, go Allies!"

The civilian side, on the other hand... Well, I think that's fairly obvious. :/
Probably because there was a better case to be made that WW2 was more or less about good guys fighting bad guys and the good guys won (though there's many, many, holes to be pocked in that argument).
Whereas WW1 was basically imperialism vs imperialism. What's more the entire thing may have mostly been a bit of an accident.

Mech#4

• Bay Watcher
  • (ಠ_ృ) Like a sir.
    • View Profile
« Reply #111482 on: August 19, 2013, 11:47:01 pm »

I'm reading all quiet on the western front.
Quote from: Chapter 6
There are rumors of an offensive. We go up to the front two days earlier than usual. on the way we pass a shelled school-house. Stacked up against its longest side is a high, double wall of yellow, unpolished, brand-new coffins. They still smell of resin, and pine, and the forest. There are at least a hundred.
"That's a good preperation for the offensive," says Müller astonished.

This is honestly the second most depressing work I've ever read. I love it. It's sometimes a little over the top, but it's extremely well written, and very evocative.

I saw the movie of "All Quiet on the Western Front" when I was in high school. Nice movie, but yes rather depressing.
Kaypy:Adamantine in a poorly defended fortress is the royal equivalent of an unclaimed sock on a battlefield.

Here's a thread listing Let's Players found on the internet. Feel free to add.
List of Notable Mods. Feel free to add.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #111483 on: August 19, 2013, 11:52:41 pm »

This is kind of late, since the cause of happies was weeks ago, but I gotta say, the Milky Way is gorgeous. I'm glad I pulled over on the interstate when there was nobody else around, because I'd never seen it before. Was just thinking about it tonight, for some reason.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #111484 on: August 20, 2013, 01:38:39 am »

Elysium is an awesome movie.
I also apparently was the villain in it. Don't remember how I got there, but that was me.
Sort of.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #111485 on: August 20, 2013, 03:57:33 am »

http://forums.bethsoft.com/topic/1470842-space-spheres/

Also, playing through Oblivion with mods (relevant mods linked). First character I ever got to 100 skill levels with in any skill; currently have 100 in mysticism, conjuration and destruction. Right now, I'm at level 18 and nearly unstoppable. My 100 mysticism allowed me to make a spell that has 100% spell absorption for 120 seconds; this costs ~400 magicka, but I'm a 100-intelligence Xivilai with the Apprentice birthsign, so I get a good 500 boost to magicka at my level. With Karashivuel's Kilt on top of that, I have plenty of magicka for things like that. The 100 mysticism and conjuration also allow me to do things like blow people around for massive damage, teleport to any mages' guild hall, vanilla player home or a large collection of landmarks, plus mark & recall, as well as summon small oblivion gates for more sigil stones at will. Mastery of destruction allows me to use my custom touch spell for massive damage or literally nuking enemies. At this point, I'm probably going to not use magic at all unless I decide I need to. Much funner that way.

BTW, Integration's really good. It's very, very lore-savvy while not shoving it in your face.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2013, 11:32:26 am by Putnam »

Swiftling

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #111486 on: August 20, 2013, 05:31:14 am »

Vicipaedia makes me happy. Latin is an awesome language.

IronTomato

• Bay Watcher
  • VENGEANCE
    • View Profile
« Reply #111487 on: August 20, 2013, 07:18:37 am »

http://forums.bethsoft.com/topic/1470842-space-spheres/

Also, playing through Oblivion with mods (relevant mods linked). First character I ever got to 100 skill levels with in any skill; currently have 100 in mysticism, conjuration and destruction. Right now, I'm at level 18 and nearly unstoppable. My 100 mysticism allowed me to make a spell that has 100% spell absorption for 120 seconds; this costs ~400 magicka, but I'm a 100-intelligence Xivilai with the Apprentice birthsign), so I get a good 500 boost to magicka at my level. With [url=http://theelderscrolls.info/?go=dlfile&fileid=349]Karashivuel's Kilt on top of that, I have plenty of magicka for things like that. The 100 mysticism and conjuration also allow me to do things like blow people around for massive damage, teleport to any mages' guild hall, vanilla player home or a large collection of landmarks, plus mark & recall, as well as summon small oblivion gates for more sigil stones at will. Mastery of destruction allows me to use my custom touch spell for massive damage or literally nuking enemies. At this point, I'm probably going to not use magic at all unless I decide I need to. Much funner that way.

BTW, Integration's really good. It's very, very lore-savvy while not shoving it in your face.
That reminds me of when I used Horizon to make my player run hilariously fast and jump really high...

Siquo

• Bay Watcher
  • Procedurally generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #111488 on: August 20, 2013, 08:16:57 am »

Vicipaedia makes me happy. Latin is an awesome language.
That is hilarious, for something that's not even a joke.

This one thread is mine. MIIIIINE!!! And it will remain a happy, friendly, encouraging place, whether you lot like it or not. 
will rena,eme sique to sique sxds-- siquo if sucessufil
(cant spel siqou a. every speling looks wroing (hate this))

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #111489 on: August 20, 2013, 11:37:01 am »

RAAAAAAAIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIN AND THUUUUUUUUUUNDEEEEEEEEEEEEEEER!!!!!!!!!!!!

AHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Spaghetti7

• Bay Watcher
  • Steam ID: wavy shapes dude
    • View Profile
« Reply #111490 on: August 20, 2013, 12:15:56 pm »

Had a 2 hour long phone conversation with an old friend I haven't seen in years. Hell, I told her things I don't tell anyone.
Having that conversation made me realise I actually have very few GOOD friends who I could talk to pretty much anything about... But still. Happies. :)
That's nothing. I had something mate with a pile of dead meat.

MonkeyHead

• Bay Watcher
  • Yma o hyd...
    • View Profile
« Reply #111491 on: August 20, 2013, 02:47:26 pm »

Went to my local medieval walled castle town (they are 10 a penny in Wales...) for the day and stubled onto a group of medieval re-enactors who were kind enough to let me try out some of thier gear. Was a lot of fun/ Might even post a pic or two in the pics thread.
This is a blank sig.

Steelmagic

• Bay Watcher
  • Insanity makes everything fun!
    • View Profile
« Reply #111492 on: August 20, 2013, 03:05:41 pm »

RAAAAAAAIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIN AND THUUUUUUUUUUNDEEEEEEEEEEEEEEER!!!!!!!!!!!!

AHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Just going to take a guess here, don't blame me if I'm wrong, do you by any chance like thunderstorms?
When i say "I'm no expert but..." It means "I have no idea what the hell I'm talking about but I'm going to try to sound like i do."

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #111493 on: August 20, 2013, 03:27:48 pm »

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

lemon10

• Bay Watcher
  • Citrus Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #111494 on: August 20, 2013, 03:30:50 pm »

What.
And with a mighty leap, the evil Conservative flies through the window, escaping our heroes once again!
Because the solution to not being able to control your dakka is MOAR DAKKA.

That's it. We've finally crossed over and become the nation of Da Orky Boyz.
Pages: 1 ... 7431 7432 [7433] 7434 7435 ... 13325