Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7391 7392 [7393] 7394 7395 ... 13325

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15749098 times)

RedWarrior0

• Bay Watcher
  • she/her
    • View Profile
Re: [ヽ(°ヮ。)ノ] HEADPANTS RETURNS! (Happy Thread)
« Reply #110880 on: August 10, 2013, 12:45:49 am »

Speaking of rings/bands, it'll depend on the person, but I've considered making a simple band of dense, hand-woven fiber, treating it so it lasts, and threading it through a crystal, or an uncut, polished stone. I'll have to investigate the practicality of it, though. Also, my Dad's a Jeweler, and he'd probably want to make something nicer and metaly from his metal/mineral reserves. Maybe I could drag him along Gold panning for a few years, and make the ring out of native gold. Again, it depends on the person. I definitely want to have a hand in making it, though.
What does it take to become a jeweler? That seems like it would be an awesome job.
I'd imagine trade school followed by maybe an apprenticeship?

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #110881 on: August 10, 2013, 12:51:12 am »

Huh!  Yeah, I'll plan for that, then!
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #110882 on: August 10, 2013, 12:53:03 am »

If you can, get the Ultimte Edition; it's essentially the game with all the DLC already installed.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #110883 on: August 10, 2013, 12:53:33 am »

I'd imagine trade school followed by maybe an apprenticeship?
Or a bunch of tools with an EMT on standby. For science, we lose our limbs.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #110884 on: August 10, 2013, 12:54:22 am »

Vector the Jeweler Mathematician Gentlewoman Scientist?
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #110885 on: August 10, 2013, 12:57:50 am »

Vector the Jeweler Mathematician Gentlewoman Scientist?

Yeah, it's looking like I'm going to invest in long hours and lots of studying.

Also visiting a cafe for tea and pastry once a week in an attempt to follow the migrant professorial herds.

By the way...

This post is about Dragon Age >_> <_<
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #110886 on: August 10, 2013, 01:10:27 am »

Speaking of rings/bands, it'll depend on the person, but I've considered making a simple band of dense, hand-woven fiber, treating it so it lasts, and threading it through a crystal, or an uncut, polished stone. I'll have to investigate the practicality of it, though. Also, my Dad's a Jeweler, and he'd probably want to make something nicer and metaly from his metal/mineral reserves. Maybe I could drag him along Gold panning for a few years, and make the ring out of native gold. Again, it depends on the person. I definitely want to have a hand in making it, though.
What does it take to become a jeweler? That seems like it would be an awesome job.

The Selling People Expensive Rocks business is actually having a pretty rough time right now... and designing your own work (at least with expensive materials) can find you more work if you're well-connected and willing to compromise on price, but it's unpredictable at best.

Trade school after high school, working for a while designing and selling pieces directly to clients, and then running his own business for a while is the way my Dad went. Then backstabbery and drama happened, and his business crashed. These days, he works unhappily for a big company, setting artificially overpriced stones into generic designs, resizing rings and watches when people lose/gain weight, etc. And as his eyes get worse, and his hands get less nimble, he's having a progressively harder time at it.

Once the market turns around, things will hopefully be better for private designers. Might be cool if DeBeers would also stop hoarding 90% of the worlds diamonds in order to shaft people on price. It'd probably actually BOOST their sales in these tough economic times too. Heck, given all the industrial uses for Diamonds, making them more affordable would even help create jobs. But no, they'd rather watch Lapidary Art crash and burn, while they Smaug their horde of sweatshop-mined, mass produced bullcrap, hoping that the market will just fix itself for them.

TL;DR - Rawr profiteering scumbags ruining everything etc. etc. etc.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2013, 01:13:46 am by Solifuge »

Kansa

• Bay Watcher
  • Distant Traces of Beauty
    • View Profile
« Reply #110887 on: August 10, 2013, 05:06:02 am »

So. Wolfeyez and I went out and got something that is very shiny, limited to her wardrobe, and would only be terribly useful in a practical sense in very select situations. (No worries, people who object to people wearing African rocks because of things. The diamond is from Canada.)

She's really happy with it, though. :3

I know I am bit late for this but congratulations you two
* greatorder smothers Kansa with earwax

FearfulJesuit

• Bay Watcher
  • True neoliberalism has never been tried
    • View Profile
« Reply #110888 on: August 10, 2013, 05:08:11 am »

New devlog! Dare I tempt fate by making a tentative prediction that we could see a release as early as the autumn equinox?

@Footjob, you can microwave most grains I've tried pretty easily through the microwave, even if they aren't packaged for it.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #110889 on: August 10, 2013, 07:13:00 am »

Just do what I do and assume it'll be out by Tuesday. While conspicuously failing to stipulate which Tuesday that entails. Y'can't be wrong, barring a sudden calendar change or development discontinuation.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #110890 on: August 10, 2013, 08:08:45 am »

I have a full on 1000ish point army of Tyranids.

HQ:
Hive Tyrant
Warrior Brood
Tyranid Prime

Troops:
Termagants 7 
Termagants 7
Termagants 6
Hormagaunts 6

Elites:
Genestealer Brood w/ Broodlord 10

Heavy Support:
Tyrannofex with Acid Spray

The Tyrannofex is nearly invincible when facing my friend's Space Marines, as he neglected to get more heavy weapons. He has a plasma gun, a flamer, a missile launcher, and a heavy bolter, but he always spreads them out. When a normal marine has to roll a 3+ then a 6, and I can armor save with a 2+, they're probably not going to kill it. Especially when you give it regeneration, so it can recover up to ALL of it's lost wounds in a single turn.
The Hive Tyrant is far more killable, but far more kill-y as well. The Tyrannofex has to roll 6/2 to cause a wound, but the Hive Tyrant only has to roll a 2/3 and the boneswords can cause instant death.
The Warriors are great for... Well, actually they kind of suck, but I'm trying to work out some good tactics for them.
Swarm of gribblies: Check.
Swarm of elite gribblies: Check
Big nasty badass monsters with prohibitive point cost: Check

Also, the Tyrannofex can fire one weapon that uses normal flamer template rules, then another that is a ranged flamer template that can be tilted and such to represent a spray of acid. AND it has a four shot burst gun built into it's body. Against guardsmen, it would be an utterly rape-tastic god of battle. Against Space Marines, it has merely become the most annoyingly tough to kill bastard on the field.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #110891 on: August 10, 2013, 08:16:39 am »

If a Tyranofex is not just a normal T-Rex wielding a flame thrower and wearing a North Korean general hat I will be very disappointed.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #110892 on: August 10, 2013, 08:28:11 am »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #110893 on: August 10, 2013, 08:45:11 am »

Hey Hans, if I'm ever in your area and manage to bring my army along, would you fancy a battle?
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Mr Space Cat

• Bay Watcher
  • inactive, changed accounts. sig for info
    • View Profile
« Reply #110894 on: August 10, 2013, 10:05:15 am »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

10/10 would shoot with a bolter.
Made a new account that I use instead of this one. Don't message this one, I'm probably not gonna use it.

New account: Spehss _
Pages: 1 ... 7391 7392 [7393] 7394 7395 ... 13325