Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7375 7376 [7377] 7378 7379 ... 13325

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15773692 times)

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [ヽ(°ヮ。)ノ] HEADPANTS RETURNS! (Happy Thread)
« Reply #110640 on: August 05, 2013, 09:19:59 am »

I think that would go poorly.

It would go right so hard it would loop around the universe. Especially with a fitting last name.

Deadly [whoever].

Awesome.

what name doesn't fit "deadly"

you've got the obvious metal names, the less obvious metal names, and things that are so metal you haven't heard of them like deadly fluffkins (which, according to some, is more metal than deadly mcfacepuncher)

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #110641 on: August 05, 2013, 10:27:39 am »

There are some unfortunate combinations. "Deadly Johnson", for instance.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

ArchAIngel

• Bay Watcher
  • Infested Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #110642 on: August 05, 2013, 11:11:33 am »

There are some unfortunate combinations. "Deadly Johnson", for instance.
Cave Johnson's brother?

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #110643 on: August 05, 2013, 11:28:00 am »

Anyway, Lily is actually my second choice name if I ever become a father to a girl. First choice remains Emily. I guess I like names that end with 'ly'?

Yeah, Emily used to be my first choice, and then I figured it sounded a bit too tea party and a bit less skull-crushing than I thought was appropriate.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

MonkeyHead

• Bay Watcher
  • Yma o hyd...
    • View Profile
« Reply #110644 on: August 05, 2013, 11:35:10 am »

Gee, thanks, thats only the name of my first born. I was always a bg fan of Persephone, but my better half wanted something shorter.
This is a blank sig.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #110645 on: August 05, 2013, 11:42:12 am »

I've got some Viking heritage to preserve, though.  It's still one of my top names for prettiness of sound.  It's just that we've got a matriarchal tradition to uphold as well, or at least wink at.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #110646 on: August 05, 2013, 11:46:57 am »

Come on guys, stop being silly.
In the Happy Thread? Why would we do that?
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

MonkeyHead

• Bay Watcher
  • Yma o hyd...
    • View Profile
« Reply #110647 on: August 05, 2013, 11:53:22 am »

I've got some Viking heritage to preserve, though.  It's still one of my top names for prettiness of sound.  It's just that we've got a matriarchal tradition to uphold as well, or at least wink at.

Funnily enough, I too have Viking heritage. Alas, I am banned from naming things after we had "D For" the Duck, "Nipples" the cat and "Scott Worms" the dog, and "Chainsaw" the goldfish. Nobody was willing to take a chance letting me name the children.
This is a blank sig.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #110648 on: August 05, 2013, 12:21:13 pm »

Watching Higurashi with a big bowl of ramen and vegetables is a good way to relax :3
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #110649 on: August 05, 2013, 12:26:50 pm »

Gee, thanks, thats only the name of my first born. I was always a bg fan of Persephone, but my better half wanted something shorter.

Shorter, eh?

...Phone?

Also, I recently learned Dutch names can get rather amusing for someone used to English. Namely, such common names as Floor and Taco. Hell, there's even a Dr. Taco B.M. Monster
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

RedWarrior0

• Bay Watcher
  • she/her
    • View Profile
« Reply #110650 on: August 05, 2013, 12:38:38 pm »

I personally sort of want to name a child Rutabaga. Probably not my child, though.

Nadaka

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nadaka.us
« Reply #110651 on: August 05, 2013, 12:48:44 pm »

So... I got that job I applied for... If I accept this offer... I will be earning 40% more than I currently am.
Take me out to the black, tell them I ain't comin' back...
I don't care cause I'm still free, you can't take the sky from me...

I turned myself into a monster, to fight against the monsters of the world.

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #110652 on: August 05, 2013, 01:03:06 pm »

Shorter, eh?

...Phone?

Also, I recently learned Dutch names can get rather amusing for someone used to English. Namely, such common names as Floor and Taco. Hell, there's even a Dr. Taco B.M. Monster
What. Taco? Isn't that Mexican food? Who told you that's a name o.O!?

My cat is called Floortje though :3.

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #110653 on: August 05, 2013, 02:05:17 pm »

I think that would go poorly.

It would go right so hard it would loop around the universe. Especially with a fitting last name.

Deadly [whoever].

Awesome.

This would be quite cataclysmic were it partnered up with my last name, for which I've already received endless teasing about. School kids are ruthless, eh, and even the occasional business won't take us seriously for it.

In regards to first names- I've always been fond of Ian, which is what I might've been named if my parents had both agreed on it. I don't recall what I might've been named were I female, though, and never gave much thought to ladies' names. I was always terrible with names. Faces are so much more interesting anyways.

Ian is a pretty nice name, but I couldn't name a kid that because it'd be the same name as one of my brothers, so that'd be a bit weird. Also a bit fond of Liam, it's Irish and sounds pretty darn cool, if I do say so myself.
To exist or not exist, that is the query. For whether it is more optimal of the CPU to endure the viruses and spam of outragous fortune, or to something something something.

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #110654 on: August 05, 2013, 03:11:48 pm »

Cool cinematic dream last night.

It was a near future world, where tech like computer-brain interfaces and VR Glasses/Goggles have allowed the Internet to be overlaid on the physical world as Augmented Reality. Things had also moved to be more Police State like, with cameras monitoring movements, Police Forces armed like SWAT-Teams patroling, etc. The protagonist of the dream (who I portrayed in the dream, and saw most of the events through the eyes of, or from a "camera" following) was a girl; hair had been dyed purple some time ago, and was dream-implied to have had a troubled past involving drug culture, etc.

Spoiler: THE DREAM - CONTINUED: (click to show/hide)

Sometimes, I really love my dreams. I just wish I had more creative command of this stuff when I was conscious.
Pages: 1 ... 7375 7376 [7377] 7378 7379 ... 13325