Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7362 7363 [7364] 7365 7366 ... 13325

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15760036 times)

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
Re: [ヽ(°ヮ。)ノ] HEADPANTS RETURNS! (Happy Thread)
« Reply #110445 on: August 01, 2013, 11:30:20 am »

Oh no, what I see is the one thing I want in life.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #110446 on: August 01, 2013, 12:03:23 pm »

Hopy shit, I actually am going to be fine for cash this month. Even though my roommate is leaving me high and dry for rent and I haven't found a replacement, and even though I had to drop $480 for a parking space over the next year, I'll have like $250 leftover for things like food after paying all my bills, before adding in plasma donation money. I might even be able to pay my roommate back his half of the security deposit this month, instead of next, although that would be stretching things a bit thin.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #110447 on: August 01, 2013, 12:08:40 pm »

Today I made people appreciate me while at the same time validating my sense of self worth by helping with computer issues... I like trading skills for social acceptance.

Me too.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #110448 on: August 01, 2013, 12:38:19 pm »

since toady released the tree raws I've decided I need to make the first two mods ever for the next DF release so here they are

Code: (Trees that drop fireballs on people) [Select]
plant_fireball_tree

[OBJECT:PLANT]

[PLANT:FIREBALL_TREE]
[NAME:fireball trees][NAME_PLURAL:fireball trees][ADJ:fireball tree]
[USE_MATERIAL_TEMPLATE:STRUCTURAL:STRUCTURAL_PLANT_TEMPLATE]
[BASIC_MAT:LOCAL_PLANT_MAT:STRUCTURAL]
[USE_MATERIAL_TEMPLATE:WOOD:WOOD_TEMPLATE]
[STATE_NAME:ALL_SOLID:mangrove]
[STATE_ADJ:ALL_SOLID:mangrove]
[PREFIX:NONE]
Based on black mangrove (Avicennia spp.)
[SOLID_DENSITY:830]
[STATE_COLOR:ALL_SOLID:TAUPE_DARK]
[TREE:LOCAL_PLANT_MAT:WOOD] --no idea if this stays
[USE_MATERIAL_TEMPLATE:FIREBALL:STONE_TEMPLATE]
[STATE_NAME_ADJ:ALL:fireball]
[PREFIX:NONE]
[SOLID_DENSITY:50000]
[STATE_COLOR:ALL:RED]
[MAT_FIXED_TEMP:50000]
[IGNITION_POINT:25000]
[HEATDAM_POINT:NONE]
[COLDDAM_POINT:NONE]
[MELTING_POINT:60001] I think this is actually the same as NONE, though
[BOILING_POINT:60001]
[GROWTH:FRUIT]
   [GROWTH_NAME:fireball:STP]
   [GROWTH_ITEM:PLANT_GROWTH:NONE:LOCAL_PLANT_MAT:FIREBALL]
   [GROWTH_DENSITY:1000]
   [GROWTH_HOST_TILE:BRANCHES_AND_TWIGS]
   [GROWTH_TIMING:0:300000]
   [GROWTH_DROPS_OFF_NO_CLOUD]
   [GROWTH_PRINT:'%':7:4:0:1:0:300000:3]
[PREFSTRING:deadly fruit]
[TRUNK_RATE:10]
[HEAVY_BRANCH_DENSITY:2]
[BRANCH_DENSITY:10]
[MAX_TRUNK_HEIGHT:5]
[HEAVY_BRANCH_RADIUS:1]
[BRANCH_RADIUS:2]
[TRUNK_BRANCHING:2]
[MAX_TRUNK_DIAMETER:3]
[TRUNK_WIDTH_RATE:200]
[WET]
[DRY]
[BIOME:ANY_LAND]
[SAPLING]

Code: (silly martial arts moves) [Select]
c_variation_badassery_putnam

[OBJECT:CREATURE_VARIATION]

[CREATURE_VARIATION:HUMANOID_BADASSERY_PUTNAM]
[CV_ADD_TAG:ATTACK:PUNCH:BODYPART:BY_TYPE:GRASP]
[CV_ADD_TAG:ATTACK_SKILL:GRASP_STRIKE]
[CV_ADD_TAG:ATTACK_VERB:punch:punches]
[CV_ADD_TAG:ATTACK_CONTACT_PERC:100]
[CV_ADD_TAG:ATTACK_PREPARE_AND_RECOVER:3:3]
[CV_ADD_TAG:ATTACK_FLAG_WITH]
[CV_ADD_TAG:ATTACK_PRIORITY:MAIN]
[CV_ADD_TAG:ATTACK:KNIFEHAND_STRIKE:BODYPART:BY_TYPE:GRASP]
[CV_ADD_TAG:ATTACK_VERB:chop:chops]
[CV_ADD_TAG:ATTACK_CONTACT_PERC:20]
[CV_ADD_TAG:ATTACK_VELOCITY_MODIFIER:2500] Like a whip.
[CV_ADD_TAG:ATTACK_PREPARE_AND_RECOVER:1:10] good for stealth, but kinda sucky for combat.
[CV_ADD_TAG:ATTACK_PRIORITY:SECOND]
[CV_ADD_TAG:ATTACK:PALM_SLAP:BODYPART:BY_TYPE:GRASP]
[CV_ADD_TAG:ATTACK_VERB:slap:slaps]
[CV_ADD_TAG:ATTACK_CONTACT_PERC:135]
[CV_ADD_TAG:ATTACK_VELOCITY_MODIFIER:750]
[CV_ADD_TAG:ATTACK:KICK:BODYPART:BY_TYPE:STANCE]
[CV_ADD_TAG:ATTACK_SKILL:STANCE_STRIKE]
[CV_ADD_TAG:ATTACK_VERB:kick:kicks]
[CV_ADD_TAG:ATTACK_PREPARE_AND_RECOVER:4:4]
[CV_ADD_TAG:ATTACK_PRIORITY:MAIN]
[CV_ADD_TAG:ATTACK:HEADBUTT:BODYPART:BY_CATEGORY:HEAD]
[CV_ADD_TAG:ATTACK_VERB:headbutt:headbutts]
[CV_ADD_TAG:ATTACK_VELOCITY_MODIFIER:2000]
[CV_ADD_TAG:ATTACK_PREPARE_AND_RECOVER:5:10]
[CV_ADD_TAG:ATTACK:ELBOW:CHILD_BODYPART_GROUP:BY_CATEGORY:ARM_LOWER:BY_CATEGORY:JOINT]
[CV_ADD_TAG:ATTACK_VERB:elbow:elbows]
[CV_ADD_TAG:ATTACK_VELOCITY_MODIFIER:2500]
[CV_ADD_TAG:ATTACK_PREPARE_AND_RECOVER:6:3]
[CV_ADD_TAG:ATTACK:KNEE:CHILD_BODYPART_GROUP:BY_CATEGORY:LEG_LOWER:BY_CATEGORY:JOINT]
[CV_ADD_TAG:ATTACK_VERB:knee:knees]
[CV_ADD_TAG:ATTACK_VELOCITY_MODIFIER:2500]
[CV_ADD_TAG:ATTACK_PREPARE_AND_RECOVER:7:4]
[CV_ADD_TAG:ATTACK:ROUNDHOUSE_KICK:BODYPART:BY_CATEGORY:LEG_LOWER]
[CV_ADD_TAG:ATTACK_VERB:roundhouse:roundhouses]
[CV_ADD_TAG:ATTACK_VELOCITY_MODIFIER:1750]
[CV_ADD_TAG:ATTACK_PREPARE_AND_RECOVER:6:6]
[CV_ADD_TAG:ATTACK:SCRATCH:CHILD_TISSUE_LAYER_GROUP:BY_TYPE:GRASP:BY_CATEGORY:FINGER:NAIL]
[CV_ADD_TAG:ATTACK_VERB:scratch:scratches]
[CV_ADD_TAG:ATTACK_PENETRATION_PERC:100]
[CV_ADD_TAG:ATTACK_FLAG_EDGE]
[CV_ADD_TAG:ATTACK:BITE:CHILD_BODYPART_GROUP:BY_CATEGORY:HEAD:BY_CATEGORY:TOOTH]
[CV_ADD_TAG:ATTACK_SKILL:BITE]
[CV_ADD_TAG:ATTACK_VERB:bite:bites]
[CV_ADD_TAG:ATTACK_PENETRATION_PERC:100]
[CV_ADD_TAG:ATTACK_FLAG_EDGE]
[CV_ADD_TAG:ATTACK_FLAG_CANLATCH]
[CV_ADD_TAG:1:ATTRIBUTE_CHANGES:MENT_ATT_CAP_PERC:WILLPOWER:400000]
[CV_ADD_TAG:1:ATTRIBUTE_CHANGES:MENT_ATT_CAP_PERC:KINESTHETIC_SENSE:400000]
[CV_ADD_TAG:1:ATTRIBUTE_CHANGES:MENT_ATT_CAP_PERC:SPATIAL_SENSE:400000]
[CV_ADD_TAG:1:ATTRIBUTE_CHANGES:PHYS_ATT_CAP_PERC:STRENGTH:400000]
[CV_ADD_TAG:1:ATTRIBUTE_CHANGES:PHYS_ATT_CAP_PERC:AGILITY:400000]
[CV_ADD_TAG:1:ATTRIBUTE_CHANGES:PHYS_ATT_CAP_PERC:TOUGHNESS:400000]
[CV_ADD_TAG:1:ATTRIBUTE_CHANGES:PHYS_ATT_CAP_PERC:ENDURANCE:400000]
[CV_ADD_TAG:1:ATTRIBUTE_CHANGES:PHYS_ATT_RATES:STRENGTH:75:3:4:3]
[CV_ADD_TAG:1:ATTRIBUTE_CHANGES:PHYS_ATT_RATES:AGILITY:75:3:4:3]
[CV_ADD_TAG:1:ATTRIBUTE_CHANGES:PHYS_ATT_RATES:TOUGHNESS:75:3:4:3]
[CV_ADD_TAG:1:ATTRIBUTE_CHANGES:PHYS_ATT_RATES:ENDURANCE:75:3:4:3]
[CV_ADD_TAG:1:ATTRIBUTE_CHANGES:MENT_ATT_RATES:WILLPOWER:75:3:4:3]
[CV_ADD_TAG:1:ATTRIBUTE_CHANGES:MENT_ATT_RATES:KINESTHETIC_SENSE:75:3:4:3]
[CV_ADD_TAG:1:ATTRIBUTE_CHANGES:MENT_ATT_RATES:SPATIAL_SENSE:75:3:4:3]

If you want the attribute changes, just have APPLY_CREATURE_VARIATION:HUMANOID_BADASSERY_PUTNAM:ATTRIBUTE_CHANGES. If you don't, I guess just change that last one to something else.
This won't work until DF2013 is released.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2013, 01:55:29 pm by Putnam »

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
« Reply #110449 on: August 01, 2013, 01:47:51 pm »

Today, at the free meals place on 125th Wagner Pool, they were giving out Yankees tickets along with the bag lunches. Field level too, section 130.

Holy shit. I'm so happy. But confused. And happy!
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #110450 on: August 01, 2013, 02:21:13 pm »

... can you sell the ticket?
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #110451 on: August 01, 2013, 05:31:20 pm »

Fuck what anyone else says.  I really like this game.

It obviously didn't have as much attention to the bells and whistles as the graphically smoother ME2 did, but I'm having fun with it for what it is.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
« Reply #110452 on: August 01, 2013, 05:38:40 pm »

It's a decent game if you don't compare it to its predecessors, besides the certain..."quirks" the plot has. But what got a lot of people interested in Mass Effect 1 was that it was apparent that the developers put a lot of time into creating the Mass Effect universe. You'd suddenly meet a new alien race you haven't seen before by going off the beaten path a little bit, learning a small bit of info regarding their people, and then you'd get a full sized entry you could read about further as soon as you talked to them. That's what I loved about the first game. It all felt very polished and well-written, and it managed to seem very unique for its time. Mass Effect 2 sort of had this, but it was the series transition into a more streamlined and "cinematic" narrative. It was fine enough, but I felt as if things were becoming more and more linear, and there was less attention to detail and overall less focus on fleshing out their universe even more. Mass Effect 3 was basically the result of this streamlining, following the new trend of cinematic games which sort of just take your hand and personally guide you through their narrative completely, instead of doing it yourself. A lot of people also don't like it because it's sort of showing how fall Bioware has fell. They're definitely not the same company as they were awhile ago, being generally regarded as making quality plotlines (Despite them re-using a lot of the same formulas for their games) and well written and thought out universes.
Well, you do have a busy life, what with keeping tabs on wild, rough-and-tumble forum members while sorting out the drama between your twenty two inner lesbians.
Your drunk posts continue to baffle me.
Welcome to Reality.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #110453 on: August 01, 2013, 05:57:39 pm »

Ah, see, ME1 was probably my least favorite entry in the series; there was plenty of detail, sure, but most of it was irrelevant, I went through the entire game using a sniper rifle and only a sniper rifle with almost no powers, etc.  I think it also makes sense to have the games slowly sharpen focus on the plotline from wide-open galaxy exploration as things get more urgent (as opposed to the usual Final Fantasy "world's ending, let's play some slots" sort of situation).

If they go with the PI on the citadel concept for the next game, then all the detail will be more relevant, but as-is I feel like the trilogy is well-made from a pure story-telling standpoint, especially if they keep fleshing things out through other, more appropriate games.  Simply put, there are narrative restrictions.  These games do not stand alone, so you have to look at the trilogy, too, and part of that is the pacing...

I would possibly feel differently about all this if I had played other Bioware entries of late, though.  Other than the ME series I've only played KOTOR 1, which was fun but frankly the plot and character development were pretty wretched.

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
« Reply #110454 on: August 01, 2013, 06:14:32 pm »

The problem is, if you look at the entire trilogy and try to judge it as a whole, you see a large decrease in quality. I do admit however, that the gameplay wasn't particularly special in Mass Effect 1, and a lot of things were improved in terms of gameplay (At the cost of simplifying some things) in ME2. But ME3 pretty much just felt like Gears of War styled gameplay to me, which is fine, just not what I want in a story-based RPG. I can also understand why someone who hasn't been playing since ME1 first came out (I assume you only recently started the trilogy, as opposed to playing the games as they were released) would view it as boring in comparison to the other games, but when it first came out the standards for modern RPG's were slightly different then. If you're not really a fan of, or used to the RPG's of the late nineties to the early 2000 years, then it's hard to understand why people were so disappointed. To sum it up, people became very invested in the story because back then transferring save games from game to game wasn't very common, and the prospect of having your choices actually matter was a big deal. Mass Effect 2 largely payed attention to your previous choices, but moving from ME2 to ME3 it felt as if many of your choices didn't really matter because the developers pretty much decided to make things more linear and "cinematic."

I don't know, I just have negative feelings regarding the game because it shows a game developer that used to be regarded as one of the best RPG developers has really fallen from that, arguably due to the path EA has been going down for awhile now and Bioware was swept along for the ride. Bioware is probably going to have the same fate that many EA owned developers experienced, which is being forced to pump at mediocre quality games for the IP's they used to own, and when they can't get anymore money out of them they're just gutted and shut down.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Well, you do have a busy life, what with keeping tabs on wild, rough-and-tumble forum members while sorting out the drama between your twenty two inner lesbians.
Your drunk posts continue to baffle me.
Welcome to Reality.

kingfisher1112

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #110455 on: August 01, 2013, 06:49:21 pm »

I honestly thought this was going to be about veterinarians.
Ermey: 26/4/13

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #110456 on: August 01, 2013, 06:49:35 pm »

The thing that kinda bugs me about the game (ME3) is that
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #110457 on: August 01, 2013, 07:01:54 pm »

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #110458 on: August 01, 2013, 07:09:51 pm »

Eh....

Oh wait, Bioware also did the Baldur's Gate games and stuff too, right?  I played all of those, and Icewind Dale, Fallout 1 and 2, whatever.  Also, I am like the queen of the JRPGs or something.  Needless to say, I do have a reasonable amount of experience with the games of the 90s and 2000s.

(I really enjoyed ME1 and agree that it was hella novel compared to most of the RPGs of the time, but I feel that it was somewhat lacking in its "polished package"-ness and... look, I realize I'm posting on B12, but I appreciate stuff like graphics and SFX.  I preferred the background discussions of ME1 to the somewhat shallower character development in ME2, but on the other hand I felt far more character to each location in ME2, where ME1 had had endless recycling and recoloring of environments, and went with quantity over quality of region)

I'm not saying I disagree with the people who are disappointed--not at all.  I think what I'm saying is that at the moment, my priorities are different, so I'm happy to enjoy the game despite the obvious changes (I can definitely feel the linearity and that the pace is a bit too hurried, but on the other hand I really like that some of the relationship conversations have been embedded into the missions, and the sound is even crisper, even if the dialogue occasionally misses beats and there really isn't enough breathe time).  As the sign of a movement, it's infuriating.  But standing alone, I'm still pleased enough.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #110459 on: August 01, 2013, 07:13:12 pm »

True about the environments. It's just that we fear there may be a shift away from open-worldness and towards linearity, which, while not bad per se, is saddening.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))
Pages: 1 ... 7362 7363 [7364] 7365 7366 ... 13325