Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 734 735 [736] 737 738 ... 13325

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15773475 times)

Taco Dan

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of aborted projects
    • View Profile
    • Shattered Monkey Gaming
Re: Things that made you HAPPY today thread. Mew! :3
« Reply #11025 on: June 10, 2010, 07:14:27 pm »

No, I guess you're right.

Anyway, I'm happy that I survived being patient in a mental ward.
I think I would remember if I had amnesia.
I'd like to remind everyone that half of the time I don't even know what I'm talking about. The other half of the time I only sort of know what I'm talking about.

smigenboger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11026 on: June 10, 2010, 07:25:56 pm »

Elaborate?
While talking to AJ:
In college I studied the teachings of Socrates and Aeropostale

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
  • That guy who used to be here all the time
    • View Profile
« Reply #11027 on: June 10, 2010, 07:31:35 pm »

Yes! The nice men in white coats will come for me soon as well!

But I'm not crazy! I swear on the Juvenabav! I'm not!
Thou art I, I art Thou.
The trust you have bestowed upon thy comrade is now reciprocated in turn.
Thou shall be blessed when calling upon personae of the Hangman Arcana.
May this tie bind thee to a brighter future!​
Ikusaba Quest! - Fistfighting space robots for the benefit of your familial bonds to Satan is passe, so you call Sherlock Holmes and ask her to pop by.

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #11028 on: June 10, 2010, 07:32:51 pm »

Keep your wall on the hand, man.
Wall on the hand...
Worse, it's a labyrinth. There is by definition only one way through. It's not a maze, there are no loops, no dead ends, just one twisting passage.
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

Retro

• Bay Watcher
  • o7
    • View Profile
« Reply #11029 on: June 10, 2010, 08:14:01 pm »

Wahaha. This morning I took my computer-illiterate friend's laptop, took a screencap of her homepage, uploaded the picture, and set the picture link to her homepage. She just texted me asking why her internet is broken, panicking because she thinks she broken her computer. I wonder how I can escalate this prank.

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
  • That guy who used to be here all the time
    • View Profile
« Reply #11030 on: June 10, 2010, 08:19:11 pm »

Wahaha. This morning I took my computer-illiterate friend's laptop, took a screencap of her homepage, uploaded the picture, and set the picture link to her homepage. She just texted me asking why her internet is broken, panicking because she thinks she broken her computer. I wonder how I can escalate this prank.
Take a screenshot of her desktop, and make it her desktop. Then move all of the icons to the other side of the screen, mirrored. See how long it takes her to figure out which is which.
Thou art I, I art Thou.
The trust you have bestowed upon thy comrade is now reciprocated in turn.
Thou shall be blessed when calling upon personae of the Hangman Arcana.
May this tie bind thee to a brighter future!​
Ikusaba Quest! - Fistfighting space robots for the benefit of your familial bonds to Satan is passe, so you call Sherlock Holmes and ask her to pop by.

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #11031 on: June 10, 2010, 08:21:10 pm »

Take a screenshot of her desktop, and make it her desktop. Then move all of the icons to the other side of the screen, mirrored. See how long it takes her to figure out which is which.
And then move the start menu to the side of the screen and change all the task bar settings.
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #11032 on: June 10, 2010, 08:25:48 pm »

You're on your way to being a douche!  No excuses will stop you!

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11033 on: June 10, 2010, 08:28:49 pm »

Yeah, then convince her of the death of her parents in a motorcross accident and make fun of her when she breaks down, heartbroken and scarred for the rest of her life with a crippling fear of losing her parents even after you reveal the prank!

It'll be hilarious!

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Retro

• Bay Watcher
  • o7
    • View Profile
« Reply #11034 on: June 10, 2010, 08:30:06 pm »

Ah, her tech-savvie boyfriend turned it back for her. Apparently he let her stew for a while because he thought it was funny too though.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11035 on: June 10, 2010, 08:31:22 pm »

Ah, her tech-savvie boyfriend turned it back for her. Apparently he let her stew for a while because he thought it was funny too though.

Is she a blonde?

Retro

• Bay Watcher
  • o7
    • View Profile
« Reply #11036 on: June 10, 2010, 08:36:39 pm »

Yup. Very smart, actually, just with absolutely zero computer knowledge nor intuition.

Footkerchief

• Bay Watcher
  • The Juffo-Wup is strong in this place.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11037 on: June 10, 2010, 09:30:26 pm »

I just upgraded my ancient-ass laptop from 1 GB to 2 GB of RAM.  Hopefully this'll let it live its remaining year or so of life with dignity.

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #11038 on: June 10, 2010, 10:08:07 pm »

I just upgraded my ancient-ass laptop from 1 GB to 2 GB of RAM.  Hopefully this'll let it live its remaining year or so of life with dignity.
Whaddya know? My power supply upgrade came in today and I just got it installed. Everything is easier to piece together, the cords come pre-bundled in their own wire-socks, I have plenty of attachments/cord adapters, and the entire power supply is adaptable for a larger case, whenever I plan to upgrade the case overall. Nice.

Oh, and thanks to being at least 200Ws more powerful, everything is running silently and much cooler (now that the cooling fans have more power backing them, seeing as they're apparently a low priority according to power supply). Just as well, I've seen a great jump in performance from my machine, like it had a B-12 (not here) shot.

I feel much more confident with my machine now. However, I have come across a minor issue... (See SAD about it)

Oh, and unlike my past power supply, as it turns out, my motherboard has a 24-pin power connector, my old supply had 20 pins. I'm not entirely sure what that would mean or what it's about, but it's better nonetheless. All I hear are tiny little clicks, instead of fan noise and louder chuggings. I think this upgrade also makes my machine far more power efficient which is good for the power bills in the long run. Plus, it's also got a cool black color to it as well as an actual power switch on the back. I can actually shut off power to the machine itself unlike my last PS.

At least now, I don't have to shut off my whole surge protector or unplug the computer in order to completely shut it off now.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2010, 10:25:48 pm by Itnetlolor »

Taco Dan

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of aborted projects
    • View Profile
    • Shattered Monkey Gaming
« Reply #11039 on: June 10, 2010, 10:32:42 pm »

Well, at least we're getting money from selli-

How...

How do you get arrested for selling brownies?! It's not like anyone even knows the LCS exists, I mean, we haven't done anything publicly ye-

Tom!? I told you to whitewash the fences! Ok, even so, how do the cops know to arrest these people? Is selling brownies illegal in the state of Ohio? Are they just going around arresting people selling baked goods on the street? "Hey! Step away from the SnickerDoodles!" "But I'm just a Girl Scout!" "Tell it to the judge missy!"
*sigh*
This makes me chuckle every time I read it.

Speaking of LCS, anybody know what to do with sleepers?
I think I would remember if I had amnesia.
I'd like to remind everyone that half of the time I don't even know what I'm talking about. The other half of the time I only sort of know what I'm talking about.
Pages: 1 ... 734 735 [736] 737 738 ... 13325