Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7344 7345 [7346] 7347 7348 ... 13325

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15763595 times)

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [ヽ(°ヮ。)ノ] HEADPANTS RETURNS! (Happy Thread)
« Reply #110175 on: July 27, 2013, 05:37:32 pm »

I've forgotten why I was happy because now this thread is making me remember something that made me sad and disgusted.

It's unfortunate that different people have different tastes, isn't it?

This is the first time in my entire life that I've felt happy, pretty secure, and that I've got a bright future ahead of me.

I'm in the middle of making farewell gifts for my coworkers.  About halfway done.  They're beautiful.
I sent a harshly-worded note that convinced the HPMOR people into giving me physical copies of the first 17 chapters of the fic for my class (they're doing this in "promising areas where talented students gather," meaning usually "white male engineer enclaves").
I wrote up a handout listing the canonical math textbooks, some popularizations, and my own problem-solving techniques for my students.
I'm making good progress on my list of Great Novels and Movies I want to have had exposure to.
I'm applying for jobs that I really want and that pay well.  And I think I'm going to get one.
About to start a tutoring gig tomorrow.
Just finished another brilliant translation with my co-translator.
One of the lesson ideas I pioneered has been met with intrigue and a strong desire to adopt it unmodified from three professional teachers--who happen to be the ones in my little group that I respect the very most.
Was asked to join another role-playing game with one of my friends, which promises to be amazing.  Plus the old one is going to start up again in the fall.
My students have demonstrated irrefutable proof of having internalized the problem-solving skills I was trying so hard to teach them.  Even the ones with the very lowest skill levels.

It actually looks like I'm going to make it.  All the bets I've made over the past ten years are starting to pay dividends, even though those around me tried to convince me that I was making poor choices.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

MagmaMcFry

• Bay Watcher
  • [EXISTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #110176 on: July 27, 2013, 06:17:02 pm »

Rock on, Vector.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #110177 on: July 27, 2013, 06:27:15 pm »

That's the plan ;D
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #110178 on: July 27, 2013, 06:42:25 pm »

That's the plan ;D
Add Ice Station Zebra to your Great Movies list. You'd love it.

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #110179 on: July 27, 2013, 10:22:41 pm »

I've forgotten why I was happy because now this thread is making me remember something that made me sad and disgusted.

It's unfortunate that different people have different tastes, isn't it?

This is the first time in my entire life that I've felt happy, pretty secure, and that I've got a bright future ahead of me.

I'm in the middle of making farewell gifts for my coworkers.  About halfway done.  They're beautiful.
I sent a harshly-worded note that convinced the HPMOR people into giving me physical copies of the first 17 chapters of the fic for my class (they're doing this in "promising areas where talented students gather," meaning usually "white male engineer enclaves").
I wrote up a handout listing the canonical math textbooks, some popularizations, and my own problem-solving techniques for my students.
I'm making good progress on my list of Great Novels and Movies I want to have had exposure to.
I'm applying for jobs that I really want and that pay well.  And I think I'm going to get one.
About to start a tutoring gig tomorrow.
Just finished another brilliant translation with my co-translator.
One of the lesson ideas I pioneered has been met with intrigue and a strong desire to adopt it unmodified from three professional teachers--who happen to be the ones in my little group that I respect the very most.
Was asked to join another role-playing game with one of my friends, which promises to be amazing.  Plus the old one is going to start up again in the fall.
My students have demonstrated irrefutable proof of having internalized the problem-solving skills I was trying so hard to teach them.  Even the ones with the very lowest skill levels.

It actually looks like I'm going to make it.  All the bets I've made over the past ten years are starting to pay dividends, even though those around me tried to convince me that I was making poor choices.

HPMOR is brilliant, isn't it!?

Lightningfalcon

• Bay Watcher
  • Target locked. Firing main cannon.
    • View Profile
« Reply #110180 on: July 27, 2013, 10:59:45 pm »

That's the plan ;D
I remember that movie.  Or I remember the part where there were submarines, an ice cap, and some guy getting shot.  I keep looking for it but it's never on.

My grandparents found a little black kitten on their doorstep.  They asked the all of ten or so people that live in a several mile radius of where we live, and it didn't belong to anyone.  They had to go to a dog show tonight, so we are watching it.  Barring any problems for when they take it to the vet, and they'll probably keep it.
Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum circo vincendarum
W-we just... wanted our...
Actually most of the people here explicitly wanted chaos and tragedy. So. Uh.

MadMalkavian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #110181 on: July 27, 2013, 11:18:31 pm »

That's the plan ;D
I remember that movie.  Or I remember the part where there were submarines, an ice cap, and some guy getting shot.  I keep looking for it but it's never on.

My grandparents found a little black kitten on their doorstep.  They asked the all of ten or so people that live in a several mile radius of where we live, and it didn't belong to anyone.  They had to go to a dog show tonight, so we are watching it.  Barring any problems for when they take it to the vet, and they'll probably keep it.
I love cats. I'm thinking of maybe getting one from the shelter sometime after September so I have some companionship and another reason not to act on the suicidal thoughts I have once or twice a week. I love animals more than I do people and in fact prefer their company over that of another person.

Dogs are often an exception however because after being bitten numerous times as a child I've developed a fear of them as a result. I think they're cute and all but I cannot be around a dog in real life for more than a couple minutes without wanting to run for my life. At least I've made progress and can be around them for a short while and even pet them on occasion, but I'm still very much afraid of dogs. That progress is something I can be happy about.
Warning: Subject may be antisocial and may not synchronize well with humans. Approach cordially and with caution or not at all.

Mr Space Cat

• Bay Watcher
  • inactive, changed accounts. sig for info
    • View Profile
« Reply #110182 on: July 28, 2013, 12:36:48 am »

At least I've made progress and can be around them for a short while and even pet them on occasion, but I'm still very much afraid of dogs.

Two words: Adorable. Puppies.

Spoiler: look at dat face (click to show/hide)
Made a new account that I use instead of this one. Don't message this one, I'm probably not gonna use it.

New account: Spehss _

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #110183 on: July 28, 2013, 12:46:12 am »

Why you gotta go calling him derpy? :(
The poor guy, look at his face, I think you made him sad.

Spoiler: Also... (click to show/hide)
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Chink

• Bay Watcher
  • !
    • View Profile
« Reply #110184 on: July 28, 2013, 12:46:43 am »

That puppy looks horribly depressed. What did you do to it?

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #110185 on: July 28, 2013, 12:48:30 am »

He pooped on its rug.
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Steelmagic

• Bay Watcher
  • Insanity makes everything fun!
    • View Profile
« Reply #110186 on: July 28, 2013, 12:53:32 am »

Why would you do that Mr. Space Cat. Why would you poop on that poor dog's rug.
When i say "I'm no expert but..." It means "I have no idea what the hell I'm talking about but I'm going to try to sound like i do."

Chink

• Bay Watcher
  • !
    • View Profile
« Reply #110187 on: July 28, 2013, 12:55:15 am »

This is obviously a crime of war! Now, did the puppy strike first, or you, Space Cat?

MadMalkavian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #110188 on: July 28, 2013, 01:05:30 am »

Why you gotta go calling him derpy? :(
The poor guy, look at his face, I think you made him sad.

Spoiler: Also... (click to show/hide)

At least I've made progress and can be around them for a short while and even pet them on occasion, but I'm still very much afraid of dogs.

Two words: Adorable. Puppies.

Spoiler: look at dat face (click to show/hide)

You two have helped to restore some of the faith in humanity I lost this week. Thank you both very much.
Warning: Subject may be antisocial and may not synchronize well with humans. Approach cordially and with caution or not at all.

Mr Space Cat

• Bay Watcher
  • inactive, changed accounts. sig for info
    • View Profile
« Reply #110189 on: July 28, 2013, 02:22:16 am »

He pooped on its rug.
Why would you do that Mr. Space Cat. Why would you poop on that poor dog's rug.
This is obviously a crime of war! Now, did the puppy strike first, or you, Space Cat?

The rug started it. Rugs are vicious.
Made a new account that I use instead of this one. Don't message this one, I'm probably not gonna use it.

New account: Spehss _
Pages: 1 ... 7344 7345 [7346] 7347 7348 ... 13325