Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7295 7296 [7297] 7298 7299 ... 13325

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15766450 times)

Steelmagic

• Bay Watcher
  • Insanity makes everything fun!
    • View Profile
Re: [ヽ(°ヮ。)ノ] HEADPANTS RETURNS! (Happy Thread)
« Reply #109440 on: July 17, 2013, 09:22:59 pm »

Went to a museum and saw some WW2 things including a German Soldier's Photo album. It was awesome.
When i say "I'm no expert but..." It means "I have no idea what the hell I'm talking about but I'm going to try to sound like i do."

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #109441 on: July 17, 2013, 11:00:28 pm »

Armored leggings.

Oh god, do want.  I would totally buy the chain or scale mail ones if I had any money and anything tunic-like to wear up top.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #109442 on: July 17, 2013, 11:06:29 pm »

Pretty cool concept. Although I'm not sure what you would wear them with, with the exception of if you were going to one of those rave parties, and then the answer is not much.

Slayerhero90

• Bay Watcher
  • Time for Taako's opinion.
    • View Profile
« Reply #109443 on: July 17, 2013, 11:07:27 pm »

Broforce. Wow. Hitting an exploding barrel with a sword and exploding in ludicrous gibs when charging around pretending to be Blade has never been so much fun.

Wanna join? Find me here: http://www.freelives.net/BROFORCE/OnlineAlpha/OnlineAlpha.html
I broke the game within a minute of starting.
Okay I tried again and after a while I figured out how to spawn. And let me say that it feels so good to kill one of those godawful dogs.
My tumblr.
Yeah no I don't haunt here anymore. Peace

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #109444 on: July 17, 2013, 11:08:03 pm »

Nah, I'd figure something out.  My wardrobe is pretty eclectic and 1/5 Chinese anyway.  A pair of leggings with armor motifs on them wouldn't especially stand out.

Plus... I could wear them with The Laurel Crown...
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

Steelmagic

• Bay Watcher
  • Insanity makes everything fun!
    • View Profile
« Reply #109445 on: July 17, 2013, 11:10:34 pm »

Seems like if you were to make something like that you would make a top to go with it. They do look cool though.
When i say "I'm no expert but..." It means "I have no idea what the hell I'm talking about but I'm going to try to sound like i do."

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #109446 on: July 17, 2013, 11:45:51 pm »

Yeah, exactly.  Like I said--a summer dress slightly redolent of a tunic to wear over.  Actually... I already have something...

Also, I found a Harry Potter fanfic I absolutely LOVE.  Bwee~  I couldn't stop grinning.  Such a rare experience when reading anything, let alone fanfiction.

... If you're wondering why I'm reading so much Harry Potter fanfiction, when I didn't even like the books that much, I really don't know.  But I'm enjoying it a lot.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #109447 on: July 17, 2013, 11:55:33 pm »

Reason Number One to enjoy the fanfic of a series but not the original content: The original author made a grand setting, but didn't really do all that well with it.

Which fanfic did you discover now, Ma'am Vector?
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #109448 on: July 17, 2013, 11:59:29 pm »

The Best Revenge.

It's a very well-written fic in my well-worn and preferred niche of "Snape decides that he's going to take care of Harry [usually due to seeing Dumbledore's blindness to Harry's living conditions as a parallel to his lack of ability to give Snape what he needs from a mentor] and bumbles around being an asshole."

So in this case, he figures that the best way to piss all over James Potter's memory is to squeeze all the unfeeling, foolhardy, bullying impulsiveness out of his son.

Like I said, kind of a niche preference, perhaps, but it's fun.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2013, 12:01:06 am by Vector »

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
« Reply #109449 on: July 18, 2013, 12:19:19 am »

People still read fan-fiction? Well, more specifically Harry Potter fan-fiction.
Well, you do have a busy life, what with keeping tabs on wild, rough-and-tumble forum members while sorting out the drama between your twenty two inner lesbians.
Your drunk posts continue to baffle me.
Welcome to Reality.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #109450 on: July 18, 2013, 12:24:41 am »

>_______________________________________>

Yes I do.  In particular, the fan community's been kept motivated by the release of the movies, so though I'm sure there will be a die-down eventually it hasn't happened yet.

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #109451 on: July 18, 2013, 12:25:37 am »

Knee deep in planetary research for a game project. Spent the last few days at the library, digesting SPACE: From Earth to the Edge of the Universe. Tonight, I started going over NASA's Exoplanet Databases, and building a spreadsheet that compares them to known planets and moons. The end goal is to learn the makeup and traits of the planets we know, and compare them with the exoplanets we've discovered, to get a good idea what a realistic randomly-generated galaxy might look like. And, of course, for inspiration of what cool alien worlds might be out there!

It's a work in progress, but:
Local Planet/Exoplanet comparisons, sorted by Mass / Radius / Temperature

I'm also really enjoying reading about other hypothetical planet types that might exist, given different chemical mixes and conditions:
Carbon Planets with naturally occurring steel, carbon compounds, and mountains of diamond
Cthonian Planets made of metal, born from the hearts of Gas Giants which lost their atmospheres
Ocean Planets with dense atmospheres, hundreds of kilometers of ocean depth, and a core of exotic Hot Ice that exists as a solid due to incredible pressure

Armored leggings.

Damnit, I wish I had the legs, the wardrobe, and an accepting enough cultural backdrop that I could pull off armor-print leggings. Because those are just cool.

Pnx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #109452 on: July 18, 2013, 12:30:20 am »

People still read fan-fiction? Well, more specifically Harry Potter fan-fiction.
Yes, yes they do. Vector is not the only person I know who reads Harry Potter fan fiction.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2013, 12:39:59 am by Pnx »

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #109453 on: July 18, 2013, 12:31:54 am »

I do occasionally if it receives a really good recommendation and the summary sounds interesting.
It's FEF, not FEOF

RedWarrior0

• Bay Watcher
  • she/her
    • View Profile
« Reply #109454 on: July 18, 2013, 12:33:06 am »

Harry Potter and the Natural 20 is another good one referenced earlier in the thread.
Pages: 1 ... 7295 7296 [7297] 7298 7299 ... 13325