Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7239 7240 [7241] 7242 7243 ... 13325

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15736408 times)

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
Re: [ヽ(°ヮ。)ノ] HEADPANTS RETURNS! (Happy Thread)
« Reply #108600 on: July 05, 2013, 07:56:21 am »

First day of work, gonna earn some money :D
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #108601 on: July 05, 2013, 08:11:38 am »

I got 5s on every single of the three AP tests I took! :D :D :D :D
Go you! :D

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #108602 on: July 05, 2013, 08:19:51 am »

I got 5s on every single of the three AP tests I took! :D :D :D :D
Go you! :D
I knew you'd do it. :')

Destress mode!

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #108603 on: July 05, 2013, 10:08:14 am »

Dear god, this woman is talented.
Them ballerinas man... I assume the guy with the eyebrows is supposed to be some kind of bad guy in this ballet?
What's up with ballerinas, anyway? I mean, they're always up on their toes. Why don't they just get taller ballerinas?

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #108604 on: July 05, 2013, 10:26:14 am »

Dear god, this woman is talented.
Them ballerinas man... I assume the guy with the eyebrows is supposed to be some kind of bad guy in this ballet?
What's up with ballerinas, anyway? I mean, they're always up on their toes. Why don't they just get taller ballerinas?

. . . . Hahahahaha >_>
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Aptus

• Bay Watcher
  • Indeed ôo
    • View Profile
« Reply #108605 on: July 05, 2013, 10:33:04 am »

That woman had some damn grace thats for sure. I quite enjoy watching talented dancers do their thing, it's amazing how much emotion can be displayed through nothing but movement. Not a big fan of ballet in general though, I prefer more contemporary dance. Still, talent is talent and that ballerina has it.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #108606 on: July 05, 2013, 10:34:46 am »

Ah, for me my stint as a violinist required playing lots and lots and lots of ballet music, so I finally decided to look up what some of it looked like.  I wouldn't say I'm a huge fan, but on the other hand... it is pretty insanely cool...
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #108607 on: July 05, 2013, 11:23:23 am »

Finally got around to playing Katawa Shoujo. It's... incredibly moving. Right now at the start of Act 3 with Emi on my first playthrough(was originally going for Rin but what the hell). I'm actually finding myself being motivated to get myself into better shape watching Hisao and Emi do the same. ...Just not motivated to actually do a lot towards that. I don't have the means. And I would have to try and explain to my family where the sudden desire to be healthier came from. "I was inspired by an adult-ish game about a guy who falls in love with girls who have disabilities" doesn't sound like it would be properly understood, even if someone said it to me.

At the very least, I felt really good after a bike ride yesterday despite the heat, and doing some stretches this morning my joints felt less stiff and crackly. And I could at least try to eat less overall, even though eating healthier might not be a viable option due to availability and the need to explain why(see above).

And happy for today, I used a new toothbrush, and it feels many times better than my old one(which I should have replaced a long time ago). It's softer on my teeth but feels like it's doing a better job of cleaning them.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Aptus

• Bay Watcher
  • Indeed ôo
    • View Profile
« Reply #108608 on: July 05, 2013, 11:52:14 am »

Ah, for me my stint as a violinist required playing lots and lots and lots of ballet music, so I finally decided to look up what some of it looked like.  I wouldn't say I'm a huge fan, but on the other hand... it is pretty insanely cool...

Love the violin, but the ballet music is one of the reasons I am not a big fan of ballet (like in that Black Swan piece I think the dancing would be even more striking with less dull music). Luckily the violin can be used for some amazing pieces that is not ballet, like the stuff Lindsey Stirling does for example.

Now if someone invented a combination of the violin and the saxophone I would finally be convinced that I need to learn to play an instrument. The Viophone? Saxolin? Viosax? :p
« Last Edit: July 05, 2013, 11:53:55 am by Aptus »

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #108609 on: July 05, 2013, 11:53:13 am »

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

anzki4

• Bay Watcher
  • On the wings of maybe
    • View Profile
« Reply #108610 on: July 05, 2013, 12:09:04 pm »

Love the violin, but the ballet music is one of the reasons I am not a big fan of ballet (like in that Black Swan piece I think the dancing would be even more striking with less dull music).
O.o Ballet music is pretty much the main reason I watch ballet, although I do it rarely. Of course I like the dancing as well, otherwise I would just listen to the music. Although I do occasionally sit down and listen trough a whole ballet.

RedWarrior0

• Bay Watcher
  • she/her
    • View Profile
« Reply #108611 on: July 05, 2013, 12:10:23 pm »

Love the violin, but the ballet music is one of the reasons I am not a big fan of ballet (like in that Black Swan piece I think the dancing would be even more striking with less dull music).
This man needs some Tchaikovsky ballet music.

Slayerhero90

• Bay Watcher
  • Time for Taako's opinion.
    • View Profile
« Reply #108612 on: July 05, 2013, 12:24:41 pm »

I have discovered that I am incapable of doodling.

Even if I want to just practice drawing a part of the body such as the teeth, I will inevitably draw a character to be incorporated into one of my universes. So, Gelduzmorn, say hello to Zhannochka Kosma, she actually has a name and a bit of backstory.

Zhannochka Kosma, she of the Once Was Teeth
Is that what the name means? I just picked a random feminine first name and a last name.

Anyway, she's a conscripted soldier. The military she fights for has given her and the rest of the army a highly-addictive, hard-to-produce-without-proper-tools drug in order to dissuade thoughts of desertion. Side-affects of the drug are that it instills paranoia and slowly atrophies the mind. This girl had a good future ahead before she was conscripted. She used to be bright, but that was back when she was in her teens. Now, in her mid-twenties, she barely sustains a below-average intelligence. She is hateful and distrusting of even people she used to be somewhat friendly with for a long time. She is growing more and more forgetful. Hell, she barely remembers who she was before the conscription. She is past the event horizon of saving. The only two things possibly left for her are death in combat or going braindead.

Nah, I just made that up because you mentioned the transition from practicing teeth to a fully fledged character.
Actually, Liam's the one who started out from teeth practice. Zhannochka started out as me trying to figure out how I wanted to draw people's heads.
My tumblr.
Yeah no I don't haunt here anymore. Peace

Aptus

• Bay Watcher
  • Indeed ôo
    • View Profile
« Reply #108613 on: July 05, 2013, 12:24:58 pm »

O.o Ballet music is pretty much the main reason I watch ballet, although I do it rarely. Of course I like the dancing as well, otherwise I would just listen to the music. Although I do occasionally sit down and listen trough a whole ballet.

You know what they say, taste is like a vierlingsbeek. Then again I am no expert on the subject, just the pieces I have heard have not terribly impressed me.

This man needs some Tchaikovsky ballet music.

If you say so, off to the tubes I go, any specific pieces you have in mind?

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #108614 on: July 05, 2013, 12:36:06 pm »

Well, frankly, ... Swan Lake.

But this recording.

Pages: 1 ... 7239 7240 [7241] 7242 7243 ... 13325