Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7218 7219 [7220] 7221 7222 ... 13325

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15744008 times)

Slayerhero90

• Bay Watcher
  • Time for Taako's opinion.
    • View Profile
Re: [ヽ(°ヮ。)ノ] HEADPANTS RETURNS! (Happy Thread)
« Reply #108285 on: June 28, 2013, 09:27:31 pm »

So, yesterday, I took my first steps at not dying if it rains really hard. Apparently, even though I have a hard time floating, I can doggy paddle all the way across a hotel pool and back without stopping. Also, if I push off the wall, I can go more than halfway across the pool.

Michael Phelps, I'm not, I know, but it's the first step of a long journey.
All right! :D

In other news, I now know that at least one of my family members can take an (accidental) punch to the solar plexus without blinking.
That's supposed to be painful?  ???
My tumblr.
Yeah no I don't haunt here anymore. Peace

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #108286 on: June 28, 2013, 09:34:43 pm »

If done properly, yes.
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #108287 on: June 28, 2013, 09:47:54 pm »

So, yesterday, I took my first steps at not dying if it rains really hard. Apparently, even though I have a hard time floating, I can doggy paddle all the way across a hotel pool and back without stopping. Also, if I push off the wall, I can go more than halfway across the pool.

In other news, I now know that at least one of my family members can take an (accidental) punch to the solar plexus without blinking.
I can temporarily cripple people by hitting them there. ^_^

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Slayerhero90

• Bay Watcher
  • Time for Taako's opinion.
    • View Profile
« Reply #108288 on: June 28, 2013, 09:51:47 pm »

You don't count.
My tumblr.
Yeah no I don't haunt here anymore. Peace

Kadzar

• Bay Watcher
  • Descan Pengwind
    • View Profile
« Reply #108289 on: June 28, 2013, 09:54:59 pm »

This coming Sunday I get to see my friend whose been in China the past year doing missionary work.
What if the earth is just a knick in one of the infinite swords of the mighty fractal bear?
Glory to Arstotzka!

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #108290 on: June 28, 2013, 09:57:42 pm »

You don't count.
Aww.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #108291 on: June 28, 2013, 10:12:31 pm »

I'm closer to ending the samurai/katana debate. My two new favourite anecdotes are from the 16th century.
At 1604 a bunch of English pirates [bunch of English knobs] sailing in the tiger, a small galleon, bumped into a junk [small sailing ship of Chinese origin] commanded by Wakos, Japanese pirates [bunch of Japanese knobs]. It was a friendly meeting between pirates of the East and West, with the Wakos drinking on Sir Edward's ship, the tiger. Then the Wakos drew their swords on the English, killing many until Edwards rallied his men and they drove the Wakos into the tiger's cabin with pikes.
Pikes > Katana
And it doesn't end there, because they then turned two 32 pound culverins [cross between a cannon and a musket] onto the cabin at point blank range.
The second would be at 1610, the Portuguese duel I was originally searching for. And to my absolute surprise, I gave the samurai far too much credit because they also lost to the Portuguese sailors while they were drunk.
The Captain, Pessoa got into an argument with a local governor at Nagasaki after allegedly killing some Japanese sailors at a previous year. The Japanese governor responded by sending 1200 Samurai with 30 ships to attack under cover of darkness.
The Samurai felt confident, and shouted insults at the Portuguese in the dark.
With the element of surprise having been squandered, the Portuguese galley opened fire with two broadsides, ending the first attack.
The Samurai tried the same thing the next night.
And the next.
And the next.
The final assault on the day after the last failure 1800 more Samurai were hired and they attacked the Portuguese ship with some sort of naval siege tower. The Portuguese fought and killed many Samurai, who were also using muskets along with their katana. They killed many Samurai, but after a grenade explosion set fire to the sails Pessoa realized the ship was lost and ordered the powder magazines to be set alight, tearing the ship apart in a massive explosion.

Checkmate Atheists

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #108292 on: June 28, 2013, 10:31:56 pm »

You don't count.
Aww.
I'm in (almost) the same category as MZ with my solar plexus punches, so I'm surprised the guy didn't flinch or something.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
« Reply #108293 on: June 28, 2013, 11:14:16 pm »

When a girl from the 3rd floor's dog started yapping in the elevator, she got all shy and flustered in front of me and started apologizing while smiling and turning red. Glad to take the periodic reminder I'm not necessarily the forever alone guy.

Haven't seen her again recently, but then again that doesn't seem unlikely given my building has a rather large number of people (17 floors, maybe, 15-30 people per floor? Guesses, but a lot.)
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #108294 on: June 29, 2013, 12:42:45 am »

I'm just so glad I downloaded the OCRemix torrent. It's a good way of filling the gap left by all the music I've been deleting for... reasons.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #108295 on: June 29, 2013, 12:49:34 am »

... "the" torrent? There's like a couple dozen ones (Quick check: 48 total). Three primary ones, iirc, for the individual tracks uploaded to the site, and then a buncha' individual album stuff. There is much glory to be found within.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #108296 on: June 29, 2013, 12:49:49 am »

So much good music on OCRemix.  I'm pretty excited about the FF6 album.  My physical copy should be arriving in the mail soon, and I think the torrent is going up in a couple days.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #108297 on: June 29, 2013, 12:52:39 am »

... "the" torrent? There's like a couple dozen ones (Quick check: 48 total). Three primary ones, iirc, for the individual tracks uploaded to the site, and then a buncha' individual album stuff. There is much glory to be found within.
The big ones.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #108298 on: June 29, 2013, 12:54:36 am »

FF6 album
All I care about is "More Stragos Theme Remixes", hahaha. The rest is just window dressing for Frumple :P

The big ones.
Ah ha!

Well. Get the little ones, too ;D There's some pretty good stuff that didn't clear OC Remix's standards in those things.

E: Also maybe RSS the 10 latest submissions, yes. I really need to clear that out soonish, s'hit the point there's o'er 150 submissions I haven't eyeballed...
« Last Edit: June 29, 2013, 12:57:13 am by Frumple »
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #108299 on: June 29, 2013, 12:56:31 am »

!!!!!

There's more? Thank you.

Once I've sorted through the six days of music I've already got queued, I shall get the additions.
Pages: 1 ... 7218 7219 [7220] 7221 7222 ... 13325