Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7210 7211 [7212] 7213 7214 ... 13325

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15754011 times)

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [ヽ(°ヮ。)ノ] HEADPANTS RETURNS! (Happy Thread)
« Reply #108165 on: June 26, 2013, 02:06:34 pm »

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/news/supreme-court-strikes-down-doma-140330141.html

[actually cries]
Umm...? That's happy for you? I thought you were for gay rights...
Supreme Court has struck down a federal law barring the recognition of same-sex marriage

I am happy about this....

I caught a bit on CNN where the news anchors talked with the leader of the anti-gay side. He was humorously pissed off, at one point cutting off one the anchors mid-sentence and trying to start an argument with her. Seeing as his arguments against gay marriage was the usual drivel involving a vague definition of morality and the marriage needs the requisite ability of making babies, it was pretty entertaining to watch his ego get hit with a figurative truck.

EDIT: Following a ridiculously easy recipe I found online, I made myself some ice coffee. It's pretty good, although the milk is a day past its expiration date.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2013, 02:49:45 pm by Akura »
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
« Reply #108166 on: June 26, 2013, 02:49:14 pm »

[actually cries]
Supreme Court has struck down a federal law barring the recognition of same-sex marriage

I caught a bit on CNN where the news anchors talked with the leader of the anti-gay side. He was humorously pissed off, at one point cutting off one the anchors mid-sentence and trying to start an argument with her. Seeing as his arguments against gay marriage was the usual drivel involving a vague definition of morality and the marriage needs the requisite ability of making babies, it was pretty entertaining to watch his ego get hit with a figurative truck.
Oh come ON. I don't own a TV, and that is killing me. I LOVE that stuff. Makes my day. Do you know where I could find it?
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #108167 on: June 26, 2013, 02:52:46 pm »

Played some Wallyball today. Great times had by all, an old player returned and he's awesome fun to play with - never gives up, beautiful saves, is everywhere exactly when he needs to be.

Wallyball is by far the best Volleyball.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2013, 02:23:37 pm by GlyphGryph »

misko27

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #108168 on: June 26, 2013, 03:09:20 pm »

Wallyball is by fart he best Volleyball.
Duly noted.

Steelmagic

• Bay Watcher
  • Insanity makes everything fun!
    • View Profile
« Reply #108169 on: June 26, 2013, 03:11:07 pm »

Wallyball is by fart he best Volleyball.
Duly noted.
Just try not to get to close to him if you want to keep your sense of smell.
When i say "I'm no expert but..." It means "I have no idea what the hell I'm talking about but I'm going to try to sound like i do."

anzki4

• Bay Watcher
  • On the wings of maybe
    • View Profile
« Reply #108170 on: June 26, 2013, 03:13:23 pm »

Stopping smoking attempt number... three, I think. First 24 hours done.

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #108171 on: June 26, 2013, 03:18:19 pm »

Well, you know what thy say. The first 24 hours is the hardest part of the first day.

misko27

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #108172 on: June 26, 2013, 03:31:42 pm »

You know what they say? It never goes away. Sure, it gets easier, but it will never, ever go away entirely, like a bad memory from Childhood.

And no one can really know what you're going through. The best we can say is that we agree, but we don't know. You're body will lie to you, change your memory, make you lose sight of why you bothered to try to stop, nor why you did it to begin with. You will snap at people, get angry, and no one can help. And it hurts. Believe me it hurts. So, know this. It isn't over yet. No, no, no. Not remotely. If you've had any amount of addiction to it at all, this will take a lot of time.

I've been trying to get my mother to quit for years now. She smokes periodically. She used to smoke a lot. It's really only being too damn poor that has slowed her so. She also has a Aortic Aneurysm, partially caused by her smoking, which threatens her with almost instant death, at any time, with a 5-10% chance every year of dying. This could not stop her long.

So good luck. You will need it.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #108173 on: June 26, 2013, 03:33:42 pm »

It's raining. Not just any rain, the kind that floods every damn thing, whether covered or not. This is a once-every-five-years thing where I live.

anzki4

• Bay Watcher
  • On the wings of maybe
    • View Profile
« Reply #108174 on: June 26, 2013, 03:36:09 pm »

You know what they say? It never goes away. Sure, it gets easier, but it will never, ever go away entirely, like a bad memory from Childhood.
Yeah, I know. During the first attempt I was without for slightly over a month.

Thanks for the concern , though.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #108175 on: June 26, 2013, 03:51:04 pm »

I've logged exactly 200 days on bay12 forums. Yaay!
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #108176 on: June 26, 2013, 04:17:21 pm »

Which one is Joss Whedon's version? I remember seeing a really great version that had tons of famous actors in it.
This one.
Welp, that's not the one I saw. Looks good though.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #108177 on: June 26, 2013, 05:18:35 pm »

[actually cries]

Oh come ON. I don't own a TV, and that is killing me. I LOVE that stuff. Makes my day. Do you know where I could find it?
Sorry, I can't find it, but here is one from a few months ago. I wasn't actually watching it, just listening, but I think it's the same guy.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #108178 on: June 26, 2013, 05:53:08 pm »

Spent all morning and day getting my adrenaline junkie on with Busch Gardens Tampa's rollercoasters. I feel like I'm halfway to being dessicated what with the merciless Floridian sunshine, but it was fun.

And to top it all off, I return to Bay 12 to find that my dark powers allowed me to predict yet another legal outcome. This has been a good day.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #108179 on: June 26, 2013, 07:15:18 pm »

Guy I met on the bus asked me for my phone number :3  Very first time that's happened to me~
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".
Pages: 1 ... 7210 7211 [7212] 7213 7214 ... 13325