Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 719 720 [721] 722 723 ... 13325

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15784600 times)

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you HAPPY today thread. Mew! :3
« Reply #10800 on: June 07, 2010, 06:24:27 pm »

1TB of memory is a lot, why do you need so much? I mean, several hundred GBs I understand. But really, what are you using that needs so much memory?
I wouldn't use that mindset. In the past, we thought a gigabyte was alot and that we would never use it all. Now there are games upwards of 10 gigs floating around. It won't be long before there are programs that surpass a terabyte.
1 TB for one game? It'll take many, many years for a game to need that much space.
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #10801 on: June 07, 2010, 06:25:34 pm »

I never understood it much myself.

I get by with 30 GB's.
Wow, windows takes up that much on my computer. Then the massive amount of random programs I accumulate fill a couple hundred more...
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

Realmfighter

• Bay Watcher
  • Yeaah?
    • View Profile
« Reply #10802 on: June 07, 2010, 06:28:26 pm »

Technically i have 80 GB's, but Vista is a bitch and it takes up at least half of the memory.

I don't like Vista.
We may not be as brave as Gryffindor, as willing to get our hands dirty as Hufflepuff, or as devious as Slytherin, but there is nothing, nothing more dangerous than a little too much knowledge and a conscience that is open to debate

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #10803 on: June 07, 2010, 06:29:54 pm »

Well errmmm OK we'll go with that.

SHAD0Wdump

• Bay Watcher
  • Hiding in SPAAACE!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10804 on: June 07, 2010, 06:37:15 pm »

1TB of memory is a lot, why do you need so much? I mean, several hundred GBs I understand. But really, what are you using that needs so much memory?
I wouldn't use that mindset. In the past, we thought a gigabyte was alot and that we would never use it all. Now there are games upwards of 10 gigs floating around. It won't be long before there are programs that surpass a terabyte.
1 TB for one game? It'll take many, many years for a game to need that much space.
How long did it take for a game to beat a gigabyte?
 Face it, the growth is exponential.

Realmfighter

• Bay Watcher
  • Yeaah?
    • View Profile
« Reply #10805 on: June 07, 2010, 06:38:14 pm »

Its going to have to peak sometime.
We may not be as brave as Gryffindor, as willing to get our hands dirty as Hufflepuff, or as devious as Slytherin, but there is nothing, nothing more dangerous than a little too much knowledge and a conscience that is open to debate

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10806 on: June 07, 2010, 06:40:19 pm »

Exponential enough to need a terabyte?  When?  The Total War games are the biggest I've ever seen at 12ish gigs for the newer ones, and those are the poorly compressed aberrations.  That said, my friend has 1.5Tb of harddrive space.  He filled it in about six months, with mass downloading of Kamen Rider, Sentai, and Hellsing show-rips, because he's a sad fucking otaku.

Technically i have 80 GB's, but Vista is a bitch and it takes up at least half of the memory.

I find it very very hard to believe that an operating system could take up 40-50 gigs.  Explain.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
« Reply #10807 on: June 07, 2010, 06:52:11 pm »

Vista for me takes at most 20 GB. You're doing something wrong.
Diamonds are combustable, because they are made of Carbon.

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #10808 on: June 07, 2010, 06:54:15 pm »

I've noticed that shows have taken a good amount of space on my drive. But according to WinDirStat, games (ISOs and installed) dominate my system (Then again, I have entire galleries of roms and such). I'm willing to hunt for another drive, but considering my machine's already cramped enough as is, I may need to hunt for an external.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2010, 06:59:34 pm by Itnetlolor »

SHAD0Wdump

• Bay Watcher
  • Hiding in SPAAACE!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10809 on: June 07, 2010, 06:59:23 pm »

I've had my computer for several years now, and despite all the stuff I've loaded up the windows folder isn't more than 20, and the system 32 folder is less than 10.

Realmfighter

• Bay Watcher
  • Yeaah?
    • View Profile
« Reply #10810 on: June 07, 2010, 07:00:40 pm »

Perhaps i am just crazy.

I'm checking WinDirStat.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #10811 on: June 07, 2010, 07:01:27 pm »

I wouldn't use that mindset. In the past, we thought a gigabyte was a lot
In my day, only that crazy kid down the road who was obsessed with that newfangled whatchamacallit thought that computers needed more space! [/getoffmylawn]
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Lumbajak

• Bay Watcher
  • They call me Jude
    • View Profile
« Reply #10812 on: June 07, 2010, 07:09:20 pm »

Insanity, I'm only using 333GB for all my stuff!

sonerohi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10813 on: June 07, 2010, 07:12:51 pm »

I need 70^70 terabytes for my sciencing.
I picked up the stone and carved my name into the wind.

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #10814 on: June 07, 2010, 07:20:21 pm »

I need 70^70 terabytes for my sciencing.
What OS do you have? Cyberdyne/Skynet T-1000?
Pages: 1 ... 719 720 [721] 722 723 ... 13325