Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7198 7199 [7200] 7201 7202 ... 13325

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15752806 times)

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [ヽ(°ヮ。)ノ] HEADPANTS RETURNS! (Happy Thread)
« Reply #107985 on: June 22, 2013, 07:55:23 pm »

Yeah, but I've never played a shooter before.  Closest I've ever gotten were... Mass Effect2 and MGS2.  Seriously.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Shook

• Bay Watcher
  • ◦ ◡ ◦
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt page
« Reply #107986 on: June 22, 2013, 07:55:33 pm »

That's awesome Shook! Parents being supportive of what your doing is always great.
Indeed! Honestly you're lucky in this regard.

Good luck on your drawing!
Thanks! Also, yeah, i'm lucky to have such awesome parents. I even sensed a bit of pride from them. c:
I also then went on to find out that my mom also drew a lot when she was younger, but she stopped. Also, one of her countless cousins is an actual artist, so maybe there is a bit of art running in the blood. :U
Twitter i guess
also deviantART page
Quote from: Girlinhat
It may be worthwhile to have the babies fall into ring of fortifications or windows, to prevent anyone from catching and saving them.
[01:27] <Octomobile> MMM THATS GOOD FIST BUTTER

Pnx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #107987 on: June 22, 2013, 08:18:40 pm »

Yeah, but I've never played a shooter before.  Closest I've ever gotten were... Mass Effect2 and MGS2.  Seriously.
Then I guess you're probably in for an experience!

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #107988 on: June 22, 2013, 08:31:09 pm »

Oh god, this is going to be another one of those things where I compulsively hide under the computer desk, isn't it.

(My first runthrough of Portal was ... an experience, to say the least)

Happy: probably going to finish another hair dec today (yes, there will be photos after it dries!), gonna cook a pie, almost done fixing my bike, did a huge amount of translation work today (editing 9 poems).  First season of Bones and third season of Community should come in at the library tomorrow.

Very, very stressed, but on the other hand pretty productive, watching MASH and all that which is cool because it satisfies my requirements for sufficiently happy media in a sufficiently grim setting.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
« Reply #107989 on: June 22, 2013, 08:32:13 pm »

Spec Ops The Line takes a decent shot at making players feel bad for their actions, but really the game forces you to make decisions (Which usually doesn't matter that much) and then goes "See what YOU did? FEEL BAD ABOUT IT NOW." even though you didn't really make the choice yourself. Mechanically wise, it's not that great either being a generic third-person cover-based shooter.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Well, you do have a busy life, what with keeping tabs on wild, rough-and-tumble forum members while sorting out the drama between your twenty two inner lesbians.
Your drunk posts continue to baffle me.
Welcome to Reality.

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
« Reply #107990 on: June 22, 2013, 08:33:19 pm »

I was like that for a while, I literally never played shooters. Never. Being too poor to buy things was probably the biggest reason. I got over it eventually like, 3 or 4 years ago (found some free stuff on the web) but I'm probably one of the few of my generation to get so far.
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

Pnx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #107991 on: June 22, 2013, 08:36:56 pm »

Spec Ops The Line takes a decent shot at making players feel bad for their actions, but really the game forces you to make decisions (Which usually doesn't matter that much) and then goes "See what YOU did? FEEL BAD ABOUT IT NOW." even though you didn't really make the choice yourself. Mechanically wise, it's not that great either being a generic third-person cover-based shooter.
It can be reasoned that there's a disconnect between the character and their decisions and the player and their decisions. So in story terms it can be said that when you get railroaded like that it's the character making a bad decision that's key to the story. Not the game forcing you to make the decisions... if that makes sense... Pretty much every game out there with a main character that actually says or does anything does this, but there are times I feel like this sort of thing is handled badly.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #107992 on: June 22, 2013, 09:25:58 pm »

Anyway, just a heads up, the game contains some pretty horrific violence, so. Just something I figure it's a good idea to point out before going in.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2013, 09:28:09 pm by Bauglir »
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #107993 on: June 22, 2013, 10:46:35 pm »

I don't think that would be a good recommendation for Vector. Being a newbie myself to those kinds of things, I'd like it..err, simpler perhaps? I've seen the videos on SotL. Pretty..gory.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #107994 on: June 22, 2013, 11:03:16 pm »

. . . Tiruin, you would really be surprised >_> <_<

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #107995 on: June 23, 2013, 02:48:28 am »

Code: [Select]
local function assignSpells(unit)
local school = df.global.world.raws.inorganics[magicInorganics[unit.status.souls[1].name.first_name]].material --jebus CHRIS that's a tiny amount of code for what I expected
for i=0,unit.status.souls[1].unk2 do --unk2 is level of magic skill
assignSyndrome(unit,material.syndrome[i].id)
end
end

Oh my god this is fucking ZEN. I thought this code would take 5 functions, each of which would be fairly large, but this looks like it'll work perfectly given how I'm writing my raws.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #107996 on: June 23, 2013, 02:49:26 am »

Man of Steel was a good movie.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Evilsx

• Bay Watcher
  • Some crazy person
    • View Profile
« Reply #107997 on: June 23, 2013, 03:12:06 am »

Finally got my headphone to work after an week for fixing them.

Also decided to read home-stuck after finishing 'Docter McNinja', TIME FOR MY WEEKEND TO BE USEFUL AND READ THIS...THING.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #107998 on: June 23, 2013, 03:13:43 am »

Weekend?

Weekend?

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #107999 on: June 23, 2013, 03:34:07 am »

So my father is the president of the Barnard Astronomical Society, and a while ago they decided to clean out a safe-deposit box and stop renting it. The contents of the box was two framed pages, that a member had acquired back in the 70's while on a cruise. It was a document citing the other page as real, and a page of autographs. Autographs of: Scott Carpenter, Neil Armstrong, Dr. Isaac Asimov, Dr. J. Allen Hynek, George T. Keene, Dr. Mark R. Chartrand III, Walter Sullivan, and Dr. Fred Hess.

Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.
Pages: 1 ... 7198 7199 [7200] 7201 7202 ... 13325