Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 716 717 [718] 719 720 ... 13325

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15786278 times)

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you HAPPY today thread. Mew! :3
« Reply #10755 on: June 06, 2010, 08:35:43 pm »

Had to write ten pages about Senator McCarthy.  I hate essays.  Why do I have to spend ten pages expounding on "He was a senator who went on a big witch hunt and browbeat everyone who looked at him funny.  I hope nobody with an agenda tries to copy him?"

Crazy.
Shoes...

ein

• Bay Watcher
  • 勝利の女神はここよ~ 早く捕まえてぇ~
    • View Profile
« Reply #10756 on: June 06, 2010, 08:37:02 pm »

Sad Thread's thataway, Mister Bigscaryeldergodthing.

Josephus

• Bay Watcher
  • The Immortal Historian
    • View Profile
« Reply #10757 on: June 06, 2010, 08:38:06 pm »

Had to write ten pages about Senator McCarthy.  I hate essays.  Why do I have to spend ten pages expounding on "He was a senator who went on a big witch hunt and browbeat everyone who looked at him funny.  I hope nobody with an agenda tries to copy him?"

"He was also kind of an asshole."
Solar Rangers: Suggestion Game in SPAAAAACE
RPG Interest Check Thread
i had the elves bring me two tigermen, although i forgot to let them out of the cage and they died : ( i was sad : (

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10758 on: June 06, 2010, 08:39:24 pm »

That must be one awesome mechanic, to be able to fix a brake problem before the duration of the ride. I haven't played roller coaster tycoon one in a long time, but I'd think you could make a brake system foolproof by making the coaster have to lose all of it's momentum before re-entering, perhaps with a hill or a chain lift to hoist it back up to the station.

The other option is to just have only one train, or two if it's a really long coaster.  Then even if it goes shooting through the station, there's nothing to hit.  But yeah, as long as it doesn't reach the station with a good head of steam, there's nothing to worry about, I'm just a really incompetent coaster designer.
I remember having one of my coasters breaking down recently. Here's how it went.
[Windbreaker has broken down.]
"Shame, oh well, a mechanic will get to it."
[Windbreaker has crashed!]
"WHAT THE HECK?!"

The strangest part was, despite the (possible) deaths, it didn't set back my park by any large amount. My reputation went down by a lot, but it built back up very quickly.
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #10759 on: June 06, 2010, 08:39:40 pm »

That must be one awesome mechanic, to be able to fix a brake problem before the duration of the ride. I haven't played roller coaster tycoon one in a long time, but I'd think you could make a brake system foolproof by making the coaster have to lose all of it's momentum before re-entering, perhaps with a hill or a chain lift to hoist it back up to the station.
The other option is to just have only one train, or two if it's a really long coaster.  Then even if it goes shooting through the station, there's nothing to hit.  But yeah, as long as it doesn't reach the station with a good head of steam, there's nothing to worry about, I'm just a really incompetent coaster designer.
I usually add maybe a brake system to it. A weak one followed by a heavy one. Reduce intensity by the end anyway. But suspending the station way up high, and having nothing but an uphill to prevent it is a good idea, have a chain near the station itself to guarantee it in the station, and not smash into the other trains.

BTW, that is a badass mechanic to repair the ride as the train buzzes past.

Oh, have you ever designed coasters that rely entirely on the mass of how many passengers are on board to succeed? I did that a few times. I can't properly test it alone, but once it's a full train, it has enough mass to get through the loop and complete the circuit. Either as a launch, or a long track. If you can pull off an entire coaster that works like that, then you rock. (HI-ball= Requires a full load to succeed; Lowball (harder)= Requires the fewest passengers possible to succeed, any more, it'll crash.)

We need some serious challenges to put into these levels. For starters, a Bay-12 high-score board to compete for the best score, or something like I mentioned above (a successful ride that requires a full load to work/test properly, and succeed within the guests' tolerances) and fill a line of at least 10 tiles length. Others would include making the simplest ride (outside shuttle loop) that has an excitement rating of above 10. No scenery mods to improve score please. Make the most complex, most twisted, craziest and longest ride, have an excitement rating of over 15, and an intensity below 10. And last one on mind is stacking rides/attractions. How high can you go, how many can you fit?

Oh, one more just came to mind. Can you make a fully functional park within a perfect cube? (at 95% functional and occupied). Don't get lost.

EDIT:
A personal challenge: Following my descriptions and only screenshot, can you replicate my murder-coaster? Hint: It's a vertical coaster.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2010, 08:43:28 pm by Itnetlolor »

Retro

• Bay Watcher
  • o7
    • View Profile
« Reply #10760 on: June 06, 2010, 08:40:53 pm »

Do you have sheet music/tabs?

Nah, but I can whip it up quick. Based it off of the one on this page.

Code: [Select]
Chords, capo 3: (basically it does the main progression twice, then once shifted up a tone)
main    - Am  G   C   C   F   C   G   E   Am  G   C   C   Dm  E   Am  Am
shifted - Bm  A   D   D   G   D   A   F#  Bm  A   D   D   Em  F#  Bm  Bm

e|-----------------0-----1h3-------|-1-----3h1-0--------------0h1-0--------|
B|-1-----1-3-----3-----------1-----|---1----------3---1-3-----------0------|
G|-----2-------0-------0-------0---|-----2----------------0------------1---|
D|---2-------0-------2-----------2-|-3----------------------0------------2-|
A|-0-------2-------3---------------|-----------3---------------------------|
E|---------------------------------|--------------------3---------0--------|

e|-----------------0-----1h3-------|-5-----3h1-0------------------------|
B|-1-----1-3-----3-----------1-----|---3----------0-----1-------1-------|
G|-----2-------0-------0-------0---|-----2------------1-----2-------2---|
D|---2-------0-------2-----------2-|-0--------------------2-------2---2-|
A|-0-------2-------3---------------|--------------------0-----0---------|
E|---------------------------------|-----------0------------------------|

Think that's right. I haven't written tab in a while.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #10761 on: June 06, 2010, 08:50:34 pm »

Sad Thread's thataway, Mister Bigscaryeldergodthing.

No, I'm happy because it's finished.
Shoes...

smigenboger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10762 on: June 06, 2010, 08:53:40 pm »

I can see that for the first game, although there is a builder for the second game, I believe. Oddly, I had what was apparently the most amazing go-kart track in the world, topping the charts somewhere around 14-17.

In the second game, you could do completely ridiculous coasters, and once you create a design, you can save it and use it later.
While talking to AJ:
In college I studied the teachings of Socrates and Aeropostale

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #10763 on: June 06, 2010, 09:24:29 pm »

I can see that for the first game, although there is a builder for the second game, I believe. Oddly, I had what was apparently the most amazing go-kart track in the world, topping the charts somewhere around 14-17.

In the second game, you could do completely ridiculous coasters, and once you create a design, you can save it and use it later.
I think you can do the same, but as/after you build it in a game already playing. I think there's a save mode to save a track.

sonerohi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10764 on: June 06, 2010, 10:11:22 pm »

I've enclosed myself in a shroud of Passion Pit, Beatles, Jack Johnson, and Matt And Kim all day long.
I picked up the stone and carved my name into the wind.

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10765 on: June 06, 2010, 11:22:23 pm »

Power was out all day, due to some tornado action last night... so we went on a 4 hour canoeing trip down the Huron river instead of things that required electricity.

It was a lot of fun... a few minor rapids and currents to navigate, a few low bridges to duck under (I limboed under one, and narrowly avoided clipping my nose), we played catch with a rubber football while paddling downstream, had a picnic on a small island, and did some brief portaging past a hydroelectric dam (me and my co-paddler portaged 2 loaded aluminum canoes down a rocky hill, one in each hand, and afterward exchanged grunts and high-fives. There was so much manliness happening. *thumps chest*).

It was a great way to spend an afternoon with my D&D buddies before they leave the state for the next few years, and made for a memorable time. After that, I put in a few hours at the local Bird Rescue, and got to feed a bunch of chirpy baby birds, and commissioned some sketch art from a friend of mine. It was a good weekend.

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10766 on: June 06, 2010, 11:25:20 pm »

That does sound pretty awesome.

Acanthus117

• Bay Watcher
  • Angry Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #10767 on: June 06, 2010, 11:59:51 pm »

I finished Water for Elephants. Man, I can never look at circus people, short people and alcoholics during the Great Depression the same again.
Is apparently a Lizardman. ಠ_ಠ
YOU DOUBLE PENIS
"The pessimist is either always right or pleasantly surprised; he cherishes that which is good because he knows it cannot last."

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #10768 on: June 07, 2010, 02:17:13 am »

That was the shortest-lived spambot I think I've ever seen.

Seriously, I got an error on posting because the topic didn't exist. There were three replies. I never read the third one. Now I'll be forever curious what it said.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10769 on: June 07, 2010, 02:22:11 am »

It was ein saying that he wished it had been posted in forum games, basically.
Pages: 1 ... 716 717 [718] 719 720 ... 13325