Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7138 7139 [7140] 7141 7142 ... 13325

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15747290 times)

Morrigi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [ヽ(°ヮ。)ノ] HEADPANTS RETURNS! (Happy Thread)
« Reply #107085 on: June 07, 2013, 08:21:33 am »

I often come off as overly formal, but understandable. This is probably because my parents are professors.

Living in northern IL, "y'all" is at least as common as "you all" or "you people" due to Chicago.

I only ever say dudebro for comedic effect.

EDIT:  Warning - while you were typing 4 new replies have been posted.

Cthulhu 2016! No lives matter! No more years! Awaken that which slumbers in the deep!

Siquo

• Bay Watcher
  • Procedurally generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #107086 on: June 07, 2013, 08:25:01 am »

When I was young, I learned how to speak from a lot of flowery old books, and as a result sounded super-formal. After a while, I realized people didn't get what I was saying, and I seemed to be putting my classmates and friends off with my weird, archaic word choice.

So I made a point of adding a bunch of fun vernacular from different regional dialects to help balance out the diction; Y'all, ain't, dude, bro, like, whatever, etc. So these days, when someone understands what I'm saying, I can strait-up compliment the dude on his rad perspicacity, or whatever.

I've gotta say, I'm happy with the result.

MY LIFE STORY. Seriously, though, that's funny. Do you also pronounce words wrong because you've only read them and never heard them used?

Verily.

(For the best effect, read that as "Va-Rial-ey" in your head.)
Ver'lyeh
But yes, I did/do this as well. Now it's just too bad that my street language is from a different region than I currently live in.  :-\

This one thread is mine. MIIIIINE!!! And it will remain a happy, friendly, encouraging place, whether you lot like it or not. 
will rena,eme sique to sique sxds-- siquo if sucessufil
(cant spel siqou a. every speling looks wroing (hate this))

Slayerhero90

• Bay Watcher
  • Time for Taako's opinion.
    • View Profile
My tumblr.
Yeah no I don't haunt here anymore. Peace

The Darkling Wolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Arf!
    • View Profile
    • Cataclysm - Dark Days Ahead
« Reply #107088 on: June 07, 2013, 09:12:40 am »

Woo. Signed off another unit at college.
My cabbages!
[Thunderfury, Blessed Blade of the Windseeker]

I am fat, eating is my great joy.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #107089 on: June 07, 2013, 09:14:22 am »

Went to an acquaintance's house last night and they had a pet ferret. It was adorable! It's like a cross between having a pet rat and a pet dog.

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #107090 on: June 07, 2013, 09:16:47 am »

Went to an acquaintance's house last night and they had a pet ferret. It was adorable! It's like a cross between having a pet rat and a pet dog.

Ferrets are incredibly entertaining.  Amazing personalities.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #107091 on: June 07, 2013, 09:58:24 am »

That being said, they smell REALLY bad sometimes.

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #107092 on: June 07, 2013, 10:04:02 am »

That being said, they smell REALLY bad sometimes.

And are prone to lots of health problems that can kill them off at random.  I have an exotic vet friend whose favorite animal is ferrets, but she stopped keeping them because their mortality was too depressing for her.
We dance for the idiots
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #107093 on: June 07, 2013, 10:04:28 am »

They can smell bad if you
a) are not taking care of them properly, like not cleaning their cages properly or failing to housetrain the ferret so waste ends up everywhere
or
b) have a male that you haven't got neutered, since they ramp up odor production during mating season to be more attractive if they haven't been. And unless you're breeding ferrets, this probably falls under "not taking care of them properly".

Otherwise, their smell is both very subdued and not really bad at all.

I miss my ferret. 0n0

And, from Solifuge's story:
I was the same way. Constantly, while growing up, I was pestered with questions about where I was from and what accent I had. I was constantly like "I am from here! I was born here, raised here, and have never been anywhere else! Argh!"

Finally I got bored and just said I was British and everyone seemed to buy it and things got a lot easier.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2013, 10:06:43 am by GlyphGryph »

da_nang

• Bay Watcher
  • Argonian Overlord
    • View Profile
« Reply #107094 on: June 07, 2013, 10:23:55 am »

And the summer holidays have officially started. Had my last exam for the year today.

Woohoo! :D
"Deliver yesterday, code today, think tomorrow."
Ceterum censeo Unionem Europaeam esse delendam.
Future supplanter of humanity.

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #107095 on: June 07, 2013, 10:37:07 am »

No?

If so, I would imagine it would only apply to non-neutered animals though.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2013, 10:38:43 am by GlyphGryph »

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #107096 on: June 07, 2013, 10:40:09 am »

Yep, I've had ferrets but always got them neutered so this has never been a thing I had to worry about, and apparently it slipped right out of my head if I'd ever heard about it before.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #107097 on: June 07, 2013, 10:41:29 am »

I've heard that too, but Google is only showing hearsay and rumors to support it.

I'm still surprised at how cute that thing was. I expected ferrets to be skittish and territorial, but it was playful and hyper. I kind of want one now.

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #107098 on: June 07, 2013, 10:49:26 am »

I've heard that too, but Google is only showing hearsay and rumors to support it.

I'm still surprised at how cute that thing was. I expected ferrets to be skittish and territorial, but it was playful and hyper. I kind of want one now.

They're the most innocent creatures alive, too.  Everything is play to them.  You can literally throw them across the room and they'll think it's play.  Their personality is composed of 100% mischief and play.
We dance for the idiots
In the land of twilight

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #107099 on: June 07, 2013, 10:52:44 am »

On the other hand they are ALSO brutal murderers (never leave them around prey pets), but they just seem to enjoy it in such an innocent way when it happens! (Because, really, killing stuff is just another fun game to them)

They are like cats, if cats were just immensely happy and excited about everything and every opportunity.
Pages: 1 ... 7138 7139 [7140] 7141 7142 ... 13325