Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7088 7089 [7090] 7091 7092 ... 13325

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15793588 times)

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
Re: [ヽ(°ヮ。)ノ] HEADPANTS RETURNS! (Happy Thread)
« Reply #106335 on: May 23, 2013, 04:43:38 pm »

So I guess Deli Girl is old news now. She's not really interested in me. I was really mopey and disappointed for awhile but then I went out and just walked around the mall a bit, and went to get something to eat at an Auntie Anne's and met another cute girl who was happy to give me her phone number when asked. Soli's advice still coming in handy here, so thanks again I guess.

Gonna go to a coffee place with her in a bit, I'm really excited!
damn we got ourselves a player here!

kaenneth

• Bay Watcher
  • Catching fish
    • View Profile
    • Terrible Web Site
Quote from: Karnewarrior
Jeeze. Any time I want to be sigged I may as well just post in this thread.
Quote from: Darvi
That is an application of trigonometry that never occurred to me.
Quote from: PTTG??
I'm getting cake.
Don't tell anyone that you can see their shadows. If they hear you telling anyone, if you let them know that you know of them, they will get you.

RedWarrior0

• Bay Watcher
  • she/her
    • View Profile
« Reply #106337 on: May 23, 2013, 05:52:42 pm »

Heh. The title is just hilarious. Also, from a comment of his:

I probably should have just cruised with the guys yesterday but they were so nonchalant about the whole thing I was like "welp, guess only losers see the doc when struck by zeus".

Edit: Also, new avatar. Eh sits on a wall and looks to the north and says "Winter is Coming" and when he does that he's... Well, he's actually always STARKING.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2013, 05:59:28 pm by RedWarrior0 »

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
  • if you must die, die spectacularly
    • View Profile
« Reply #106338 on: May 23, 2013, 06:05:19 pm »

Asked Catlin Moran (Famous Feminist) a question at an interview while I was in the audience, she ended up giving a really interesting discussion on why diversity if the best option because if you restrict people, you end up with a smaller section of the population and thus less smart people. She explained it better, but I think I pushed the right button and I feel really smart for managing to spark a very interesting tangent, which was better then some of the other people who were asking stuff like "Can I have an interview with you tomorrow?". Best thing, I managed to do it without stuttering or panicking, and all while I had my new braces in meaning I shouldn't even be able to articulate properly! Very happy now.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #106339 on: May 23, 2013, 06:18:32 pm »

Heh. The title is just hilarious. Also, from a comment of his:

I probably should have just cruised with the guys yesterday but they were so nonchalant about the whole thing I was like "welp, guess only losers see the doc when struck by zeus".
An even better part from a different comment:
Science -- and the prostitutes who believed in it -- won.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #106340 on: May 23, 2013, 06:23:47 pm »

So I guess Deli Girl is old news now. She's not really interested in me. I was really mopey and disappointed for awhile but then I went out and just walked around the mall a bit, and went to get something to eat at an Auntie Anne's and met another cute girl who was happy to give me her phone number when asked. Soli's advice still coming in handy here, so thanks again I guess.

And with that, you have officially picked up more girls around town than I have. The student has become the master.
*Hands over his Lady's Man badge, and salutes.*

ERMAGERD I MIGHT BE LANDING A $6,000, 10-MONTH ART GIG AS I AM TYPING THIS SENTENCE :D :D :D AND ETC.
Here I was feeling happy that my wages were raised from $8.00/hr to $8.20/hr....
Just so you know, after job fees, it's down to about $5,200 spread out over the course of the project... which would look more like $500 a month, or $18 a day... which works out to about minimum wage for 16 hours per week. But I can live on that. And honestly, that kind of stability would be pretty huge for me, and easily leave me 6 hours a day for other projects as well.

It's not much to live off of, but it's a big load of stress off my shoulders if I can land it! Still in the second round of negotiations, but we shall see.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2013, 07:32:28 pm by Solifuge »

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #106341 on: May 23, 2013, 06:30:11 pm »

Ah, extended moment of species squee.

As terrible as we are in many ways, all things being equal humanity really is a thing of awe and splendor. Sometimes I just stop and... revel in it a little. What it's like to be a god made flesh and standing astride the world. Even for the worst off or meanest of us... we live in an age of gods and magi, twisting great truths of reality to their whim, and we often and easily stand among their ranks. We've been doing it for millennium, and the mysteries we exploit in the modern era are just... glorious. Incredible. Incredible beyond incredible.

It's sometimes astounding how mundane the majestic becomes when you start being able to fit it in your pocket. And pockets! Good gods. Think on the concept of a pocket for a moment, and what it means to be able to create and access them basically on demand. Is it not wonderful? And that wonder is but one wonder among multitudinous wonders. Truly the miracles of mankind are far reaching and bountiful.

Still many reaches for them to be spread to, but we gods, what we have accomplished and stand to accomplish going forward. And, of course, the sad side to it, the pettiness and the squabbles and the shortsightedness and so on, standing between current glory and future glory, but that consideration is not for this moment of consideration.

Home sapiens sapiens, my fellow people. We may be bastards at times, but we have yet to meet a bastard quite as awesome. Things would be a bit better if it were cleaving quite so close to the older implication of awesome, but still.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #106342 on: May 23, 2013, 07:29:52 pm »

Spent the day packing and preparing. If all goes well, I could leave tomorrow afternoon and get a few hour's head start on the trip. Everyone's been really supportive so far and I'm liking the sound of this deal more and more. I've got a plan, I've got contingencies, and I stand to make a good deal of money if I just keep my chin up and don't wimp out partway through.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #106344 on: May 23, 2013, 09:41:35 pm »

And with that, you have officially picked up more girls around town than I have. The student has become the master.
*Hands over his Lady's Man badge, and salutes.*

Continuation: So Mall Girl, aka Sexy Hipster Girl, is really awesome. I pick her up and go to a coffee shop of her choosing, and we hit it off right away. She's cool and interesting, as well as being super cute! (How is she single?! HOW!?) But we just joke around and talk about movies and enjoy our coffees, and while I personally didn't think the night was very flirtatious or romantic, but when I take her home, I expected maybe a peck on the cheek or maybe a little kiss, we wind up passionately making out in my car for maybe a solid 10 or 15 minutes. That was not what I expected at all, but she sure as hell knows how to say goodnight to a guy! Holy shit!

So yeah, I'm feeling good about this.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #106345 on: May 23, 2013, 09:45:16 pm »

* Sirus suppresses the urge to kill Joshua and steal his gift with the ladies

Best of luck, dude. Hopefully it works out better than Deli Girl.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

armeggedonCounselor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #106346 on: May 23, 2013, 09:48:20 pm »

I am very. Happy. For. You.
*twitch twitch*

you shitlord

No but really. Congrats, and all.
Quote from: Stargrasper
It's an incredibly useful technique that will crash the computer if you aren't careful with it.
That really describes any programming.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #106347 on: May 23, 2013, 09:55:29 pm »

* Descan says something about his boyfriend because everything is always about him.

No but seriously, right on man~

* Descan gives the highest of fives.

More importantly, is she a good person? :P
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #106348 on: May 23, 2013, 09:59:43 pm »

Go JoshuaFH :D

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
« Reply #106349 on: May 23, 2013, 10:07:49 pm »

ERMAGERD I MIGHT BE LANDING A $6,000, 10-MONTH ART GIG AS I AM TYPING THIS SENTENCE :D :D :D AND ETC.
Here I was feeling happy that my wages were raised from $8.00/hr to $8.20/hr....
Just so you know, after job fees, it's down to about $5,200 spread out over the course of the project... which would look more like $500 a month, or $18 a day... which works out to about minimum wage for 16 hours per week. But I can live on that. And honestly, that kind of stability would be pretty huge for me, and easily leave me 6 hours a day for other projects as well.

It's not much to live off of, but it's a big load of stress off my shoulders if I can land it! Still in the second round of negotiations, but we shall see.
*Telle grins silently in a corner as he piles $1200 a month in his pocket from his no experience software support job*
Pages: 1 ... 7088 7089 [7090] 7091 7092 ... 13325