Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7073 7074 [7075] 7076 7077 ... 13325

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15801116 times)

Pnx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [ヽ(°ヮ。)ノ] HEADPANTS RETURNS! (Happy Thread)
« Reply #106110 on: May 20, 2013, 02:14:41 am »

So I got turned onto this now completed webcomic:
http://www.freakangels.com/
It's basically the story of these twelve people that are born at the exact same time in a small town in the English countryside. These twelve people suffer from the same condition which includes albino skin, dark hair, purple eyes, and psychic powers.

14 years after they're born the apocalypse happens, in an event commonly referred to as "the crash", or "the flood"... Which amongst other things, caused a massive tidal wave to flood Britain with sea water, killing most of the population and generally making things all apocalypse-ey.

Some years after that, the Freakangels are now a gang of psychic people that are trying to defend and build up their settlement in the partially still flooded district of Whitechapel, London.

It's a deeply dark comic about personal relationships, drug use, psychological trauma, becoming an adult, and above all else the use and abuse of power, specifically their crazy powerful psychic powers.

I absolutely love it.

RedWarrior0

• Bay Watcher
  • she/her
    • View Profile
« Reply #106111 on: May 20, 2013, 02:24:29 am »

Of a sort. Apparently he was a dude who had a lot of proxy accounts, leading to the myth that everyone here is a proxy account of his.
A modern equivalent was Comrade Garafov, who was banned and promptly returned. He did this 5 times. Once he even made a thread about his own banishment, to the amusement of Bay12 when his identity was revealed.
Oh, I know who Pathos is/was. Mostly a rhetorical question.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #106112 on: May 20, 2013, 02:29:56 am »

Bay12 has what, three unique memes? At least three I know of.
Every one is Pathos: A reference to the user Pathos who made multiple accounts, but was consistently a jerk.
Release the Magma: A Boatmurdered reference, used to describe the indiscriminate destruction of a horrific force.
TASTES LIKE SAAAATAAANNNNN!!!!: A quote from Jackrabit, in response to a thread about eating demon rats.

There is also the occasional references to Cacame, the eleven king of the Dwarves, and harvesting mermaid bones.

RedWarrior0

• Bay Watcher
  • she/her
    • View Profile
« Reply #106113 on: May 20, 2013, 02:31:39 am »

Double Down man?

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #106115 on: May 20, 2013, 02:36:04 am »

What the fuck is a double down man?

Max, perhaps you were too young to be struck by Doubledown Syndrome. Count yourself among the fortunate.

"Nature's first meme is gold.
Her hardest joke to hold.
Her early pic's a flower;
But only so an hour.
Then meme subsides to meme
And reference sinks to dream,
Dawn goes double-down to day,
Nothing gold can stay."
- Colonel Sanders

RIP Upsidedoubledown Cat,
September 12, 2010

« Last Edit: May 20, 2013, 02:44:54 am by Solifuge »

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #106116 on: May 20, 2013, 02:38:08 am »

You mean from the days when this forum was a little more silly, rather than a basket of emotions?
Sort of only caught the tail of of that... Still, we will sometimes have the occasional pun off, for old times sake.

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #106117 on: May 20, 2013, 02:43:18 am »

I asked for a kiss from my lover.

I got 10.
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #106118 on: May 20, 2013, 02:45:03 am »

I got 10.
At once?
Do I know your lover, Kai?
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #106119 on: May 20, 2013, 02:45:49 am »

Well, in succession.

And she's visited the forum a few times. She's my fiancee, and all.
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #106120 on: May 20, 2013, 02:49:46 am »

I got 10.

D'awww!

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #106121 on: May 20, 2013, 02:56:01 am »

I got 10.
Be careful about asking for children.

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #106122 on: May 20, 2013, 02:57:52 am »

Bwahahaha.

Naw, we've more or less agreed to have 1-3.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #106123 on: May 20, 2013, 02:59:51 am »

Coming from a family of three children, I must say, one is kinder to all involved.

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #106124 on: May 20, 2013, 03:08:08 am »

Non-existence is kinder than a little strenuous family relationships?
Pages: 1 ... 7073 7074 [7075] 7076 7077 ... 13325