Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7046 7047 [7048] 7049 7050 ... 13326

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15812973 times)

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [ヽ(°ヮ。)ノ] HEADPANTS RETURNS! (Happy Thread)
« Reply #105705 on: May 14, 2013, 04:41:31 pm »

Did well on exam, I think.  There was one problem which I just couldn't frickin' solve, but I'm pretty sure a lot of other students had trouble with it, too.

Also, I successfully solved the only hard problem on the exam (that is, the only one that would be considered real mathematics by anyone working in the field I intend to go for), so I feel pretty happy.  And I'm rewatching Looper with a pal on Thursday.  And I have chocolate chip cookies.  And I'll probably be actually-done with all my exams and papers by the 17th.  Sweet.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #105706 on: May 14, 2013, 04:47:41 pm »

Rediscovered Vangelis today, and it couldn't have come at a better time since I've been feeling rather exhausted and weak for most of the day. Floaty even, not sure why, I did go to bed rather early and I had a very nice round of sleep so I'm not entirely sure what went wrong. Anyways this!
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Scoops Novel

• Bay Watcher
  • Talismanic
    • View Profile
« Reply #105707 on: May 14, 2013, 05:32:03 pm »

Now, now, everyone likes what they like.

Some people dislike not killing Jews, some people dislike Daft Punk. There are things you can dislike that make you a bad person.

My brother is saying it's disrespectful to pirate them. I agree. That says it all. You should be ashamed, ashamed.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2013, 11:40:50 am by Novel »
Reading a thinner book

Arcjolt (useful) Chilly The Endoplasm Jiggles

Hums with potential    a flying minotaur

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #105708 on: May 14, 2013, 05:37:06 pm »

Some people dislike not killing Jews, some people dislike Daft Punk. There are things you can dislike that make you a bad person.

My borther is saying it's disprepectful to pirate them. I agree. That says it all. You should be ashamed, ashamed.

Respect the art, not the artist.

The Darkling Wolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Arf!
    • View Profile
    • Cataclysm - Dark Days Ahead
« Reply #105709 on: May 14, 2013, 05:43:51 pm »

Killing Hyperius the Invincible in the space of ten seconds is fun as fuck. Raid Boss shmaid shmoss.
My cabbages!
[Thunderfury, Blessed Blade of the Windseeker]

I am fat, eating is my great joy.

Zrk2

• Bay Watcher
  • Emperor of the Damned
    • View Profile
« Reply #105710 on: May 14, 2013, 06:08:11 pm »

Got a job, it even pays significantly better than minimum wage.
He's just keeping up with the Cardassians.

Levi

• Bay Watcher
  • Is a fish.
    • View Profile
« Reply #105711 on: May 14, 2013, 06:21:34 pm »

A friend of mine lent me his "Superior Spider-man" comics.  Its a story line where Dr. Octopus dies but transfers his mind to spider-mans body just before he croaks.  He then proceeds to attempt to be the BEST spider-man and the BEST Peter Parker ever.  Its fricking hilarious because he goes about crime fighting entirely differently than Peter Parker.  He'll run away from a fight and lay an ambush for later.  He makes a bunch of spider robots to patrol the city for him because its "more efficient".  He's completely arrogant and self-centered but he's still doing a pretty good job (at least up until the point I've read too).

Its ridiculous how much I'm enjoying these comics.  :D
Avid Gamer | Goldfish Enthusiast | Canadian | Professional Layabout

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #105712 on: May 14, 2013, 06:22:15 pm »

My borther is saying it's disprepectful to pirate them. I agree. That says it all. You should be ashamed, ashamed.

I'll buy it when it's actually released.

Scoops Novel

• Bay Watcher
  • Talismanic
    • View Profile
« Reply #105713 on: May 14, 2013, 06:45:24 pm »

Respect the art, not the artist.

For the exact opposite reasons of those mentioned above, i feel like asking you to wash out your mouth with soap. For anything less then the standards of say classical music, I'm not much of a one for appreciating songs which are not disassociated from the bastard aspects of many artists.
Reading a thinner book

Arcjolt (useful) Chilly The Endoplasm Jiggles

Hums with potential    a flying minotaur

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #105714 on: May 14, 2013, 06:49:42 pm »

A friend of mine lent me his "Superior Spider-man" comics.  Its a story line where Dr. Octopus dies but transfers his mind to spider-mans body just before he croaks.  He then proceeds to attempt to be the BEST spider-man and the BEST Peter Parker ever.  Its fricking hilarious because he goes about crime fighting entirely differently than Peter Parker.  He'll run away from a fight and lay an ambush for later.  He makes a bunch of spider robots to patrol the city for him because its "more efficient".  He's completely arrogant and self-centered but he's still doing a pretty good job (at least up until the point I've read too).

Its ridiculous how much I'm enjoying these comics.  :D
Peter Parker was arrogant and self centred too.
He just pretended he wasn't.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #105715 on: May 14, 2013, 07:42:35 pm »

Went to the doctor's for a brief physical and some blood-work today. While I waited in the exam room, I noticed a plaque of sorts on the wall. Apparently, not only was my doctor a Captain in the Army, but he also earned an award for exemplary performance after a jet fighter crash injured a ton of people.

It's almost like he immediately gained a few hundred Coolness Points.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #105716 on: May 14, 2013, 08:02:58 pm »

"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Tuck_Lion

• Bay Watcher
  • pass the lodestar
    • View Profile
« Reply #105718 on: May 14, 2013, 10:07:31 pm »

That reminds me of a science fair in grade school. Someone was feeding their cute little snails carrots, in preparation for a snail-race!
Bay12 pushed self into fruit math. Tuck Lion was just the mechanism for bay12's latent fruit-math fetish.

Ogdibus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #105719 on: May 14, 2013, 10:11:46 pm »

« Last Edit: July 01, 2013, 04:26:59 pm by Ogdibus »
Pages: 1 ... 7046 7047 [7048] 7049 7050 ... 13326