Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6878 6879 [6880] 6881 6882 ... 13325

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15766642 times)

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [ヽ(°ヮ。)ノ] HEADPANTS RETURNS! (Happy Thread)
« Reply #103185 on: April 07, 2013, 05:36:11 pm »

Hopped on the Bay12 Lower Boards IRC while working last night, and it was quite fun!

Japa found me an amazing program (Audio Overload) that allowed me to play and rip a bunch of music from my old Sega Saturn and Playstation game discs... the kind of music that needed the original hardware to play... and due to difficulty in acquiring them, after Sega's recent copyright paranoia some of them were completely wiped from the internet.

Now my ears are now full of Motoi Sakuraba and his orchestral rock ballads, and atonal mixed-meter music experiments again, and it is wonderful:
Shining: The Holy Ark - High Priest (Piano Version)
Valkyrie Profile 2 - Unrestrained Struggle
Star Ocean II - MISSION TO DEEP SPACE

I started reading Harry Potter and the Natural Twenty.  It is wonderful.  Go read.

I'm not one for Fanfiction, but it actually is rather good!

As they walked out of the castle's huge front gates, Milo soaked in the castle's grounds. There was an evil forest. An animated tree (a disguised Treant, possibly?). A lake with mermaids.

"This place is awesome," he said. The amount of XP he could get just from random encounters in the school grounds alone… it suddenly made sense to him how such a school could be an effective way to gain power. This place was clearly, really, incredibly, obviously, brilliantly dangerous. With all the adventure and monster fighting that must be happening between classes, not to mention the magical brawls that naturally occur when you give an eleven-year-old untold arcane power in a practically unsupervised environment (it would take a staff of thousands to keep an eye on all of Hogwarts at once), these kids would be leveling up like crazy.

Milo grinned happily, thinking about all the XP he was about to gain.

McGonagall smiled, thinking about how happy Milo looked now that he had found a home.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #103186 on: April 07, 2013, 05:47:34 pm »

Plesiosaurs. I really don't think enough people appreciate them.

I mean, they were basically motherfucking dinosaurs in the ocean. Yeah, they weren't actual dinosaurs, but they basically were. Look at this fucker. Imagine if every shark attack was a Loch Ness monster attack. Wouldn't the world be cooler?

Slayerhero90

• Bay Watcher
  • Time for Taako's opinion.
    • View Profile
« Reply #103187 on: April 07, 2013, 06:07:08 pm »

A game crashed on me and I can't play it anymore, but I'm listening to some good music, so it's okay.
My tumblr.
Yeah no I don't haunt here anymore. Peace

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #103188 on: April 07, 2013, 07:15:36 pm »

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
  • if you must die, die spectacularly
    • View Profile
« Reply #103189 on: April 07, 2013, 07:20:08 pm »

Dear God, they made a baby-shaped controller? What if the game is really frustrating and you end up throwing it out the window? That'd be really awkward.

Ogdibus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #103190 on: April 07, 2013, 07:22:29 pm »

« Last Edit: July 01, 2013, 03:57:51 pm by Ogdibus »

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #103191 on: April 07, 2013, 07:23:14 pm »

Haha, one of those would be great for stress relief/freaking people out.

In other news, just nostalgia'd hard over Chip's Challenge.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

SomeStupidGuy

• Bay Watcher
  • Just strummin' right along...
    • View Profile
« Reply #103192 on: April 07, 2013, 07:23:33 pm »

Your favorite pinko progressive nerd-gal. Probably.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #103193 on: April 07, 2013, 07:30:52 pm »

I know this was a while back, but you published a book? About what? That's pretty cool.

Russian poetry translations :D
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #103194 on: April 07, 2013, 07:34:42 pm »

Hopped on the Bay12 Lower Boards IRC while working last night, and it was quite fun!

Japa found me an amazing program (Audio Overload) that allowed me to play and rip a bunch of music from my old Sega Saturn and Playstation game discs... the kind of music that needed the original hardware to play... and due to difficulty in acquiring them, after Sega's recent copyright paranoia some of them were completely wiped from the internet.

Now my ears are now full of Motoi Sakuraba and his orchestral rock ballads, and atonal mixed-meter music experiments again, and it is wonderful:
Shining: The Holy Ark - High Priest (Piano Version)
Valkyrie Profile 2 - Unrestrained Struggle
Star Ocean II - MISSION TO DEEP SPACE

I started reading Harry Potter and the Natural Twenty.  It is wonderful.  Go read.

I'm not one for Fanfiction, but it actually is rather good!

As they walked out of the castle's huge front gates, Milo soaked in the castle's grounds. There was an evil forest. An animated tree (a disguised Treant, possibly?). A lake with mermaids.

"This place is awesome," he said. The amount of XP he could get just from random encounters in the school grounds alone… it suddenly made sense to him how such a school could be an effective way to gain power. This place was clearly, really, incredibly, obviously, brilliantly dangerous. With all the adventure and monster fighting that must be happening between classes, not to mention the magical brawls that naturally occur when you give an eleven-year-old untold arcane power in a practically unsupervised environment (it would take a staff of thousands to keep an eye on all of Hogwarts at once), these kids would be leveling up like crazy.

Milo grinned happily, thinking about all the XP he was about to gain.

McGonagall smiled, thinking about how happy Milo looked now that he had found a home.
Goddamn it, now I'm reading it.

I still don't get the hate that Wizards(D&D ones) have for Sorcerers. It's not like I cast Explosive Runes on their spellbooks.
Maximized Explosive Runes, actually. Best damn way of assassinating a Wizard if you can't Sneak Attack.

Or Sepia Snake Sigil, and then let your Rogue get free Sneak Attacks, but screw that, I'm not sharing XP.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #103195 on: April 07, 2013, 07:35:15 pm »

Huh. Kinda as expected.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #103196 on: April 07, 2013, 07:36:48 pm »

Akura, the way I understand it, it's basically a matter of "I studied for years/decades and gave up everything else in my life to become an embodiment of arcane power, but that bastard can do it just by existing!"

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
  • if you must die, die spectacularly
    • View Profile
« Reply #103197 on: April 07, 2013, 07:39:20 pm »

I imagine that there's an element of natural hate for "gifted amateurs". People who don't know the rules tend to annoy people who do.

"No, look, you don't cast a fireball just by thinking of fire, you have to convince the spirits of fire to do it for you! My way is best! You're doing it all wrong!"

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #103198 on: April 07, 2013, 07:39:50 pm »

Sorcerers are just using their high CHR to fool everyone into thinking they're super smart.

Slayerhero90

• Bay Watcher
  • Time for Taako's opinion.
    • View Profile
« Reply #103199 on: April 07, 2013, 07:44:19 pm »

Yeeeeeesssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss. Yes! YES!
My tumblr.
Yeah no I don't haunt here anymore. Peace
Pages: 1 ... 6878 6879 [6880] 6881 6882 ... 13325